T Nation

Testing Your Gear (Melting Point)

hey all- i know a lot of guys have worries about their gear bearing real or fake, has anyone thought of testing its melting point? either through an official melting point apparatus or through some home device? testosterone melts at 155C (the ester should be much lower) while this test would not prove its test it would def prove its not oil… (if people already do this my bad)

every AAS raw powder has a specific melting point. Now I have this info lying around somewhere,but not on hand. but I will say it has proved usefull in the past.

Just by visualizing your powder, you can get a pretty good indication of its purity at the point it melts. it should melt entirely, if part of it isn’t melting, and is smoking, or say part of it melts a lot sooner then you know it isn’t pure.

[quote]egnatiosj wrote:
hey all- i know a lot of guys have worries about their gear bearing real or fake, has anyone thought of testing its melting point? either through an official melting point apparatus or through some home device? testosterone melts at 155C (the ester should be much lower) while this test would not prove its test it would def prove its not oil… (if people already do this my bad)[/quote]

testing melting points are a very crude but alright way of finding out if its real.

this is in powder form.
most if not all UG gear comes suspended already,(oil)
it is impossible to extract the hormone out of the oil to get a melting point on the powder on

Probably not impossible.

For example, steroid esters are generally highly soluble in DMSO, which is not soluble in vegetable oil or vice versa.

One could probably easily extract a steroid from oil with DMSO, then add water to the DMSO and precipitate out the steroid.

I’ve never done it, but I would expect it to work.

Hey! Im a loser and can’t find any test so I picked up some epistane. Im starting to think its either under-dosed or just bunk. Is there any way to test something like that? Other than keep taking it to see if it works? >)

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Probably not impossible.

For example, steroid esters are generally highly soluble in DMSO, which is not soluble in vegetable oil or vice versa.

One could probably easily extract a steroid from oil with DMSO, then add water to the DMSO and precipitate out the steroid.

I’ve never done it, but I would expect it to work.[/quote]

interesting…

I know for example test prop. is soluable in ethanol but not in water

could someone say take somoe oil and mix with the ethanol which will break down the oil and rinse away with water to bring out crystals?

Epistane is an anti-estrogen. It’s supposed to harden you up with dry gains.

[quote]Bondslave wrote:
Hey! Im a loser and can’t find any test so I picked up some epistane. Im starting to think its either under-dosed or just bunk. Is there any way to test something like that? Other than keep taking it to see if it works? >)[/quote]

epistane is a PH its made by a real company, IBE epistane is pretty reputable I think, takes a little while to kick in, and needs to be dosed at 40 or so a day.

Post what your running, how long youve run for, brand, ect, diet, training in the Prohormones sticky, we can help you out.

[quote]winkroar3 wrote:
Epistane is an anti-estrogen. It’s supposed to harden you up with dry gains. [/quote]

did I misread something earlier in this thread, or why did you post that?

Sorry if I’m wrong for asking. lol

DG

Sorry- bondslave was wondering if he should test his epi to see if its real. The “gains” might not be immediately apparent.

Dood I totally skipped over his post and did not see it.

Sorry about that, my mind was on melting points. lol

DG

k

[quote]Nich wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:
Probably not impossible.

interesting…

could someone say take somoe oil and mix with the ethanol which will break down the oil and rinse away with water to bring out crystals?

[/quote]

hmmm if im understanding you correctly (which i might not be) i dont believe rinsing with water would leave the prop precipate from the ethanol that it was dissolved in. is that what you meant?

[quote]egnatiosj wrote:
Nich wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:
Probably not impossible.

interesting…

hmmm if im understanding you correctly (which i might not be) i dont believe rinsing with water would leave the prop precipate from the ethanol that it was dissolved in. is that what you meant?
[/quote]

example brewing prop from cattle pellets
you disolve the pellets in ethanol
then you add water drop by drop

test prop is not water soluable so what you get is crystals that form around the water droplets.
and sink to the bottom

you harvest these crystals and rinse,I have done this many many times its amazing to watch as you add a drop of water and it turns white almost like its freezing in the other clear liquid.

if its not what you want for whatever reason you can disolve them again in ethanol and do it all over countless times.
my idea after hearing Mr. Roberts post on DSMO was that maybe if you take the oil dilute it with ethanol then add water it may do the same thing,because the ethanol will break down the oil, making it where the water could mix with readily bringing out crystals.

actually I am in pct right now and i have about 8ml of test at about 75mg/ml home brewed left over.
I keep it “just incase”.
but after my pct and full recovery when I really dont need it I will test this out and let you guys know.

in theory,I am thinking the oil which is just the carrier,would be no different than the pellets which are a solid celulose based carrier.

ya see what I mean?

oh okay i def understand it better, yes i believe your thinking would work, where could these reactions occur though just a 20ml vial? how do you protect from contamination? it sounds like youve done this before but im just curious?

[quote]egnatiosj wrote:
oh okay i def understand it better, yes i believe your thinking would work, where could these reactions occur though just a 20ml vial? how do you protect from contamination? it sounds like youve done this before but im just curious? [/quote]

a vial or even a crude contraption like a jar
for testing reasons contamination is fine its dirt and such and wont throw off the melting point I suppose.

after all powder is shipped and its not sterile

it becomes so when when its filtered

[quote]Nich wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:
Probably not impossible.

interesting…

[/quote]

Your idea may have potential – I simply lack knowledge on how much ethanol or methanol may dissolve into vegetable oil (I know in the case of methanol it’s not fully miscible anyway, but don’t know that a substantial amount may not go into it) and don’t know whether, after shaking, clean separated layers are formed of either of these alcohols and of vegetable oil, or whether there’s a mess.

Whereas I do know that DMSO and vegetable oil form clean, separable layers.

So I just can’t say with regard to using ethanol or methanol. It could be that one of these forms a good solvent pair with vegetable oil for this type of separation, but I don’t know.

[quote]Nich wrote:
my idea after hearing Mr. Roberts post on DSMO was that maybe if you take the oil dilute it with ethanol then add water it may do the same thing,because the ethanol will break down the oil, making it where the water could mix with readily bringing out crystals.[/quote]

For a method using these materials to work, you’d have to separate the ethanol or methanol layer (if a cleanly separable layer forms) from the vegetable oil. If it remained a mixture and you added water, all that would happen would be that the steroid would be driven back into the oil.