Testing Brands of BCAA's?

I’m using another BCAA upon the advice of my coach and have found it to work quite well in terms of my recovery times from various strength training and cardio sessions (I’m a triathlete).

I want to switch to another BCAA (Biotest) and want to do a side-by-side comparison to see how the two products compare…objectively.

Is the BUN pee strip still the way to go for the home chemist?

hak

I’m curious, what does the pee strip intend to test? thanks.

[quote]powersavant wrote:
I’m curious, what does the pee strip intend to test? thanks.[/quote]

Well, BUN stands for Blood Urea Nitrogen, so I’m assuming your looking to check for your nitrogen levels (which I’m assuming would be elevated in those consuming extra proteins.)

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
powersavant wrote:
I’m curious, what does the pee strip intend to test? thanks.

Well, BUN stands for Blood Urea Nitrogen, so I’m assuming your looking to check for your nitrogen levels (which I’m assuming would be elevated in those consuming extra proteins.)[/quote]

But doesn’t that also mean he’s going to have to make sure to get the same amount of protein, at the same times everyday to get a fair test?

I’m no scientist, nor do I play one on TV, but I would think that if I took the BCAA at the same times of the day and whizzed on the test strip the same time every day, then the results between Brand A and Brand B should be fairly balanced.

My thoughts were to take the BUN test first thing in the morning upon waking since that should be the lowest my nitrogen levels would be. If I have higher nitrogen levels, then all is good to go.

I usually take 2 BCAAs of Brand A on my drive into work; 2 more after my strength training session at lunch; and 2 more 60 minutes before bedtime followed 30 minutes later by a whey protein shake.

To do this right, I imagine I would need to conduct the early morning BUN test with no BCAAs in my system to establish a base level of my nitrogen “balance”; another with Brand A; and another with Brand B.

Short of taking blood, I’ve done some searches and haven’t found anything other than the BUN test…unless anyone has some other suggestions?

Was just about to order me 2 more bottles of Biotest BCAA’s and a bunch of other supps but they’re OUT OF STOCK.

Sucks for me, guess GNC is my other option for the day. Peace.

EDIT:

FUCK IT, Just looked at GNC website and they have the shittiest selection known to man. Guess i’m gonna wait…