T Nation

Testicular Volume Not Restored By Hcg

I have ran one month of sun,tues,thurs sub-q injections of 250iu hcg while on arimidex and then I ran one month of 500iu hcg sun,tues,thurs sub-q injections.

I had blood work done both times, testosterone level is between 500-580 and my LH has not been shutdown.

My nuts are not restoring to full size. I had a grade 3 variococele diagnosed and on operated on 1-7-14 so its been 2 months since my variococele surgery - the doctor said it went flawlessly. I am just not seeing any size increases at all with the hcg.... and my nuts are definitely not "full size."

your thoughts?

Is the hcg prescription?

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
Is the hcg prescription?[/quote]

yes it is legit from compounding pharmacy script written by my doc.

HCG is a LH analogue, and will stimulate your testicles to make testosterone. Since your T levels are fine, it seems to be doing the job.

But for full sperm production (and full size) the testicles also need FSH, which actually gets reduced by HCG and which HCG doesn’t replace. When you come off the HCG, your own FSH will kick in and you will hopefully recover fully.

The varicocele is a bunch of veins around the testicle that is now removed, so of course it is going to seem smaller. It could be that they are normal size, though. It is impossible to judge just by eyeing them. You can see if you are normal on this chart:

(Make sure that 1 inch on the picture on your screen is really one inch and adjust magnification if necessary.)

They are always bigger than you think, by the way, so really do the comparison with the chart.

[quote]seekonk wrote:
HCG is a LH analogue, and will stimulate your testicles to make testosterone. Since your T levels are fine, it seems to be doing the job.

But for full sperm production (and full size) the testicles also need FSH, which actually gets reduced by HCG and which HCG doesn’t replace. When you come off the HCG, your own FSH will kick in and you will hopefully recover fully.

The varicocele is a bunch of veins around the testicle that is now removed, so of course it is going to seem smaller. It could be that they are normal size, though. It is impossible to judge just by eyeing them. You can see if you are normal on this chart:

(Make sure that 1 inch on the picture on your screen is really one inch and adjust magnification if necessary.)[/quote]

That’s actually very interesting info. Got any references on that (HCG not replacing FSH)? As far as I knew, HCG is used in TRT to maintain fertility/sperm production.

hey are you recovered from pro hormones?