Testicular Shrinkage in Secondary Hypo

That’s the way to go, HPTA restart is using SERMs like Clomid to fool your pituitary to produce more LH/FSH to signal the testes to make more Androgens. 350 is bad for your age! Your doc seems knowledgable so that’s good. You can give Clomid restart a try as your doctor is doing. If you feel better and get a good restart, then awesome. If it does not, TRT is the way forward but there’s a chance that it would as we are seeing decent improvement with caber.

Look for HPTA restart sticky in the advice for new guys thread in about T-replacement section to get more information about it.

Best of luck.

@equalo212 if cabergoline is working will LH increases immediately or will it take few weeks. how long does it take for Testicles to recover. Still my testicles are soft and small even after using Cabergoline for 4 weeks.

HPTA restart is one of the topics discussed here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

Did you do this from two months ago?
Please follow theses links in the 2nd post of 1st forum topic:

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • thyroid basics
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc - the biggest problem

Recovery is not predicable. Testes need to recover form and function.
Hypothalamus and pituitary need to be back in the game and you need to test LH/FSH to see whats going on.

Cabergoline is not a cure, it is maintenance. Your low prolactin is OK. Your dopamine will be higher and mood and life in general may be better.

I had my LH tested it is 4 it almost at the middle of the scale . I noticed my testicles are still small even my LH is increased from 1 to 4 . Still awaiting for testosterone levels . How long does it take my tests to recover fully . Should I use HCG or clomid to stimulate since my tests are inactive for a while due to LH. My endo ordered testciles ultraaound to confirm atrophy even though those are visibly small.

Do you have FSH and TT, FT ? LH is released in pulses and a single value cannot be used to evaluate things. FSH has a longer half life and provides a better image of pituitary function.

If FSH and T are low, you can do an hpta restart with hCG and later clomid. Read the hpta restart thread in the stickies.

If FSH/LH are mid range or higher and still T is low, there’s some degree of dysfunction in testes and you’ll have to do TRT. The testes do not know the difference between LH secreted by the brain or the LH mimic injected(hCG).

FT was not tested i think FSH is also normal around 4.4 ( range 1.00 - 19.00 mIU/mL). Still awaiting for Total T. Probbaly my tests need more stimulation since they become small. Ultra sound is scheudled this week. Does tests ultrasound gives complete details on what is going on with the testicles?

I got them done for epidymal infection, they measure the testis and look for vascular problems like varicoceles and hydroceles. We’ll see how it comes through, doctor can judge the degree of atrophy. I’m not too well versed with this.

If FSH is 4-5 and still T is low, some problem is there with the testes. Let’s see how T looks now, maybe we can give more time for to raise and see if the testes recover with the LH and FSH being good now.

If not, you can give hCG a run and see if that makes testes work and get decent T levels, if successful, restart with nolvadex and AI after hCG will work to a good extent. You’ll have to do a restart again as hCG also inhibits hpta.

If u unsuccessful even with hCG then TRT it is. Hopefully, won’t be the case.

how many units of HCG should i use and for how long? By looking at results am i still secondary or i become primary?

Too early for a conclusion, you may still be recovering and I wouldn’t draw the line here, it’s very difficult but we need to be patient. Many hypo cases turn mixed with long shut downs. Some primary become secondary to varying degrees and vice versa as the problem hangs for a longer duration.

As for the current LH/FSH, a completely healthy pair of testes should be producing a good amount of testosterone. Long shut down can make things hard to recover from and needs to be given some time.

Please look at the hpta restart thread, you’ll get good information there in regards to the doses and timing issues.

I got the final results. I had the blood test done at 12:30pm as the tests does not require fasting . Here are the results .

Testostetone total 626ng/dl ( 300-1080)
Bio available Testostetone 515 ( 130-680)
Testostetone free 206 (47-244)
SHBG 9.3 ( 11-80)
FSH 4.87 ( 1-19)
LH 4.5 ( 1.2-8.6)
Prolactin 1.3 ( 2.6 -13.1)
TSH 6.4 ( 0.3 - 5.6)
T4 free 0.73 ( 0.57 - 1.25)

I had tested try glyceridrs and it was very high on
05/10 637mg/dl ( 0-150) . My endo told could be genetic .

My testosterone level were improved very significantly . Inspire of good T levels still I feel low energetic , fatigue and low libido . My body was inactive for 6 months due to low testosterone . Do I need few more weeks to recover fully ? My testes are shrinking every week and having mild irritation with tingling pain. Do I need to get tested my E2 harmone . I heared high E2 makes testicles to nut size . Please advise .

Your T levels are better than what we see on TRT also in most cases. You have recovered in terms of numbers now! Give your body more time to adjust to the new T levels. Even with TRT, we see symptom relief requiring at least 6-9 weeks to be noticeable. Your recovery without any restart seems flawless.

Why are you worrying about testicular size? They’re not playing a role in your hormone levels. You could check e2 if you want to make sure. Definition of small testis is individual. I Wouldn’t worru about it,and give my body more time to adjust.

I missed your TSH here, you’re hypothyroid and that could be causing your symptoms. Get on it now! Treat your thyroid.

Don’t know much about lipids, but being 6 times the range is not likely genetic and is a massive risk factor.

Seems like you are not willing to respond to thyroid issues as something that may be a key issue.

You do have a significant thyroid problem. I did direct you to a thyroid sticky earlier. Check oral body temperatures as suggested to see how bad things are.

Low thyroid function reduces your burn of lipids.

My endo prescribed 0.25mcg of Levothyroxine . I will use it and test again in couple of weeks .

i am much worried about testicle size is because my semen volume is too low and dilute . Earlier my semen volume is more , so I am very much concerned about fertility . I will wait until I get testicle ultrasound results .

I had testicle ultrasound done and results are normal. healthy testicles and in good size. Still i strongly believe my testis are reduced compared to original size since my semen volume is not great. Still my body is recovering in terms of energy and libido. I am able to hit the gym after 6 months yesterday . I will wait couple of weeks and see my Endo if things are not improving.

1 Like

Aryad are your testicles okay now?what did you use that made your testicles okay?