T Nation

Testicular Lump

Someone give neelydan some positive words. Doctor found a tiny little lump on my right testicle, scheduled an ultrasound for monday morning. Says the majority of these things are benign and nothing to worry about, likely a cyst.

Anyone have any experience to relate?

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
Someone give neelydan some positive words. Doctor found a tiny little lump on my right testicle, scheduled an ultrasound for monday morning. Says the majority of these things are benign and nothing to worry about, likely a cyst.

Anyone have any experience to relate?[/quote]

I had a similar scare years ago. Turned out to be nothing.

Don’t worry, the majority of these things are benign and nothing to worry about, likely a cyst.

As Itchy said, most are benign. So relax.

Here is a video that will help you relax:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUxytXPS5zM

Yep. Don’t worry about it bud. I can’t believe I’m announcing this in the open but I have the same thing. Not so small though. Has the diameter of a penny, maybe a dime. Found it my junior year of HS and BUGGED out. Immediately told my dad about it, who then told my mother, which in itself was hard enough to tell them about it especially being still young. Went and got an ultrasound, funny story actually cuz I got a chubby when the women rubbed the gel on my balls and started swirling the Ultrasound thing around on my nuts.

Anyway, it turned out to be a cyst. Essentially its a benign lump filled with dead sperm and water. No threat unless it gets bigger in which case it just gets uncomfortable and they said they could remove it. Otherwise, they said there is no point for surgery and just leave it be. I still have it now, 4 years later and can feel it when I’m scrubbing the ol’ sack in a hot shower. Told my girlfriend about it and she said she can’t even feel it when she tried to. So as long as it aint freaking the girls out I’m cool with keeping it.

If you can, what my doctor showed me was this. He squeezed the bump and put a flashlight up to it in the dark. It’s fully transparent which means it’s just a cyst full of liquid.

I had the exact same thing. I noticed it myself and kind of freaked out. Of course the first thing I did was go online looking for another explanation, which was a major mistake. EVERYTHING that comes up if you type in testicle and lump points to cancer.

I went to the doctor the very next day, as soon as he felt it he was certain it was a cyst. An ultrasound later confirmed it. It then disappeared within a few months and has not returned. This was about two years ago.

Oh and forget to mention mine is also on my right testicle. We can be testicle cyst twins!! YAY!!!

[quote]football061 wrote:
If you can, what my doctor showed me was this. He squeezed the bump and put a flashlight up to it in the dark. It’s fully transparent which means it’s just a cyst full of liquid.[/quote]

The other thing I was told was to feel if the lump is exclusively on the surface. Doc said cancer will originate inside the testicle, whereas the cyst will be just on the surface.

[quote]tedro wrote:
football061 wrote:
If you can, what my doctor showed me was this. He squeezed the bump and put a flashlight up to it in the dark. It’s fully transparent which means it’s just a cyst full of liquid.

The other thing I was told was to feel if the lump is exclusively on the surface. Doc said cancer will originate inside the testicle, whereas the cyst will be just on the surface.

[/quote]

Yeah. Good point. The cyst would be moveable and “squishable” where as the tumor would be hard and not move. Or something along those lines. I read so many medical websites and forums for like 5 hours straight after I found it I almost had my PHD in balls and cysts/tumors.

[quote]football061 wrote:
tedro wrote:
football061 wrote:

Yeah. Good point. The cyst would be moveable and “squishable” where as the tumor would be hard and not move. Or something along those lines. I read so many medical websites and forums for like 5 hours straight after I found it I almost had my PHD in balls and cysts/tumors.[/quote]

For future reference:

Football has PhD in balls.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
football061 wrote:
tedro wrote:
football061 wrote:

Yeah. Good point. The cyst would be moveable and “squishable” where as the tumor would be hard and not move. Or something along those lines. I read so many medical websites and forums for like 5 hours straight after I found it I almost had my PHD in balls and cysts/tumors.

For future reference:

Football has PhD in balls.[/quote]

Oh ssstop it you sssilly goossse you!

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:

Anyone have any experience to relate?[/quote]

I thought it was too cold in Canada for the testes to be external.

DB

haha…thanks guys. that should make it a little easier to make it through to the ultrasound on monday, which hopefully will confirm it’s nothing to worry about.

really, thanks.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
NeelyDan wrote:

Anyone have any experience to relate?

I thought it was too cold in Canada for the testes to be external.

DB[/quote]

It is. Just hasn’t realised it’s his vag lips and not really his testicles.

Ooops…LOL

Well if you have not gone to the DR do so. I did and mine turned out to be a non-agresive cancer. I had to get the bad one removed. No biggy thous…since a pair of testies only work at 50% once one is gone the other one picks up the slack.

If you are worried about women noticing dont…I have had many of women since and not one has mentioned anything and even when I did they said really…even after they have been upclose and personal :slight_smile:

only on T-Nation could we take a thread about testicular cancer and use locker room humour haha

i love this place

I wonder if I lie about it I could get in the ultrasound room with a hot nurse LOL

Its almost always cureable, so even if it ISNT benign, dont sweat it.

Wait, you have got balls? I always thought you were a girl! :wink:

Good luck mate. As has been said, it’ll likely turn out to be nothing.

If there’s one thing I’ve learnt about doctors in the last couple of years is that if you have a good one they’ll jump at anything to make sure you are OK and 99.9% of the time it does turn out to be nothing.

[quote]Petermus wrote:
I wonder if I lie about it I could get in the ultrasound room with a hot nurse LOL[/quote]

[quote]BigE05 wrote:
Well if you have not gone to the DR do so. I did and mine turned out to be a non-agresive cancer. I had to get the bad one removed. No biggy thous…since a pair of testies only work at 50% once one is gone the other one picks up the slack.

If you are worried about women noticing dont…I have had many of women since and not one has mentioned anything and even when I did they said really…even after they have been upclose and personal :slight_smile: [/quote]

Dont they have ball implants? Like a fake ball put in there just so it looks normal? And that 50% stuff sounds interesting.