Testicular Discomfort

I have some discomfort in my left testicle. It has been this way for two days, starting off with little or no pain in the morning and progressing slowly during the day. It’s not crippling, as I was able to lift heavy yesterday and play basketball today. I’m going to see a doctor about it tomorrow for sure (two days of this is concern enough for me).

What I’m posting this for is to see if anyone else has experienced this, and if so, what was the prognosis and what happened?

-dizzle

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
I have some discomfort in my left testicle. It has been this way for two days, starting off with little or no pain in the morning and progressing slowly during the day. It’s not crippling, as I was able to lift heavy yesterday and play basketball today. I’m going to see a doctor about it tomorrow for sure (two days of this is concern enough for me).

What I’m posting this for is to see if anyone else has experienced this, and if so, what was the prognosis and what happened?

-dizzle[/quote]

It sounds like it COULD be (as in not definite) testicular torsion. If it is, you need to see the doctor as soon as you can. I’m not trying to panic you, I am just stating the facts.

Maybe you caught the ghey.

Maybe.

Agreed with Prof. I’ve got my fingers crossed for you.

My guess is that the pain is actually coming from the vericocile (sp?) vein. This is the vein that delivers blood to the testicle. This is common among lifters who dont use support(ie. jock strap) when lifting. If he had torsion he could give a quick test: Is the testicle cold or cool to the touch? During torsion the blood supply begins to get cut, causing the cooler feeling. offThis is is no way a diagnoses or to challenge what Prof. X said. This is just my 2 cents. Good luck!!

Another option is disc compression in your lower back. According to my chiro, the L4 can press on a nerve that affects that area. I had unilateral right upper quad and right testicle pain a few months ago when I realized I had a bulging disc. As the bulge receded the pain did as well. Initially it felt like only my nut was affected, but the pain started to radiate into my quad as well. Anyway just a thought. Good luck at the dr.

Thanks guys.

If it is torsion, what am I (or the doctors) supposed to do about it?

Frank Castle, did you just have to wait for the bulge to recede on its own?

I’m going to the doctor in about an hour or so.

-dizzle

I’ve had a similar pain before that would last maybe 10-15 mins.

felt like something got twisted wrong from lying a certain way.

standing up for a few mins fixes the problem. definitely not something i would want going on for a few days.

good luck

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
Thanks guys.

If it is torsion, what am I (or the doctors) supposed to do about it?

Frank Castle, did you just have to wait for the bulge to recede on its own?

I’m going to the doctor in about an hour or so.

-dizzle[/quote]

If it is torsion you should already be on your way to see a surgeon.

It take six hours for necrosis to set in.

And you really don’t want necrosis…

Testicular necrosis?

There is no God.

The vast majority of torsions are reset manually – let’s not get too worked up. Also, most torsions are fairly debilitating – the patient tends to want to sit in the lotus position to relieve pain, though it seldom works. Torsions tend to feel like you’ve been racked and produce what’s termed protopathic pain – pain that position or manipulation don’t relieve. If you had a torsion that would produce necrosis, you’d be beside yourself wanting relief.

Nevertheless, better safe than sorry applies.

It could also be epididymitis or half a dozen other things including varicocele or orchitis.

Have you felt around down there? Any hard spots? Any pain when you lightly pinch the vas deferens?

If you’re not already freaked out and on your way to a doc, describe the nature of your pain. Does it radiate? Does manipulating your testicle change anything? If you bounce on your heals, does it get worse or manifest sharply? More details.

First, chill out. I recently had testicular discomfort that lasted for awhile. I finally went to see the doc (turned out to be a hot young chick in her 20s doing her residency). Anyway, they found nothing and told me to come back for an ultrasound if it didn’t go away in a month.

It went away for about a week, then came back and hung around for another 3 weeks. Ultrasound turned up nothing.

Turns out that it was orchic tablets (ground bull testicles) I was taking. It all started right when I started the orchic tabs, went away for that week when I had to reorder them, came back when I started taking them again, then went away for good when I stopped taking them. (As an aside, this aching from orchic tablets is apparently a sign that they were actually working.)

Anyway, my point is that this kind of aching–which, at times, could be VERY uncomfortable–is not necessarily a sign of something deadly or life altering.

Wow, thanks for the great replies, guys.

Anyway, about 10 minutes after my post this morning I went to the ER. Here’s the quick story:

I got there, the doc sort of realigned my testes (pulled them down and outward to increase blood flow), then they gave me some pills. I know that one of the pills was just an ibuprofen, and I don’t know what the other two were, most likely vicodin because I started to feel a little loopy about 30 mins later. Then they gave me an intramuscular shot, not sure what that was either.

Before they sent me to get a sonogram, the doc said that it was most likely either an infection or a torsion. He said that with an infection they could just prescribe me some antibiotics and send me home, but if it was a torsion I’d need surgery.

Well I went to the sonogram (which was sweet because I had a cute 20-something female nurse rubbing warm goo all over my balls) and when I came back the doctor was waiting by my room and told me I was just going to need the anitbiotics.

Whew I feel like I just dodged a bullet.

I have some questions for those of you who are medically inclined: I got 10 500mg Vicodin, and 20 100mg Doxycycline Hyclate to take until the bottles run out. Will I be ok to take these with HOT-ROX and BCAAs? (I also take fish oil and ZMA but I assume nothing will be wrong with that)

Also, just on a side note, I don’t know how the hell people can use gear. Having to inject myself EOD or in some cases 3x/day…I dunno man. Intramuscular shots are maybe the most uncomfortable thing I’ve experienced (had to get it done twice in the last year).

Thanks for the help guys, I honestly truly appreciate it.

-dizzle

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
Wow, thanks for the great replies, guys.

Anyway, about 10 minutes after my post this morning I went to the ER. Here’s the quick story:

I got there, the doc sort of realigned my testes (pulled them down and outward to increase blood flow), then they gave me some pills. I know that one of the pills was just an ibuprofen, and I don’t know what the other two were, most likely vicodin because I started to feel a little loopy about 30 mins later. Then they gave me an intramuscular shot, not sure what that was either.

Before they sent me to get a sonogram, the doc said that it was most likely either an infection or a torsion. He said that with an infection they could just prescribe me some antibiotics and send me home, but if it was a torsion I’d need surgery. Well I went to the sonogram (which was sweet because I had a cute 20-something female nurse rubbing warm goo all over my balls) and when I came back the doctor was waiting by my room and told me I was just going to need the anitbiotics.

Whew I feel like I just dodged a bullet.

I have some questions for those of you who are medically inclined: I got 10 500mg Vicodin, and 20 100mg Doxycycline Hyclate to take until the bottles run out. Will I be ok to take these with HOT-ROX and BCAAs? (I also take fish oil and ZMA but I assume nothing will be wrong with that)

Also, just on a side note, I don’t know how the hell people can use gear. Having to inject myself EOD or in some cases 3x/day…I dunno man. Intramuscular shots are maybe the most uncomfortable thing I’ve experienced (had to get it done twice in the last year).

Thanks for the help guys, I honestly truly appreciate it.

-dizzle[/quote]

I am not aware of any reaction between antibiotics and HOT-ROX, but to be safe, I would recommend that for the week you are on them, I would avoid it.

Everything else is a non-issue.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I am not aware of any reaction between antibiotics and HOT-ROX, but to be safe, I would recommend that for the week you are on them, I would avoid it.

Everything else is a non-issue.[/quote]

Thanks, X.

-dizzle

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

Maybe.[/quote]

The doctor ran some tests, and I’m glad to say he found no traces of the ghey in my system. =D

-dizzle

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:

Maybe.

The doctor ran some tests, and I’m glad to say he found no traces of the ghey in my system. =D

-dizzle[/quote]

The ‘Cute Nurse Testicle Massage eXamination’ or CuNTMaX, is 99.9% effective at detecting the ghey. You’re def clean, bro.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
A-Dizz wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:

Maybe.

-dizzle

The ‘Cute Nurse Testicle Massage eXamination’ or CuNTMaX, is 99.9% effective at detecting the ghey. You’re def clean, bro.[/quote]

Brilliant.

I’ve had testicular torsion and it starts as discomfort and develops into pain that makes you limp to reduce testicular movement. I recommend hitting up the doctor.

FWIW, I had to have surgery and retained both testicles. Said if I waited much longer I could have lost ol’ righty.

[quote]eic wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Sorry if this was covered earlier in the thread, but can they be used with Alpha Male? Thx!
[/quote]

I haven’t researched all of these ingredients and I don’t work for the company. My concern with antibiotics is that some are avoided during pregnancy because they effect Folic acid. Some like the antibiotic he is taking can also affect the color of the developing baby’s teeth.

I know he isn’t pregnant, but my concern is POSSIBLE cross interaction with some ingredient I am not aware of…therefore, on the side of caution, that is why I recommended he avoid it while on the medication.