T Nation

Test Undecanoate (Aveed)?

Hi

Today my endocrinologist put in a order for Aveed www.aveedusa.com/
It is the US’ newly approved form of testosterone undecanoate.

I asked my endocrinologist about it because I like the idea of only having to get an injection once every 10 weeks.

Protocol for it is 750mg first dose, then a second loading dose 4 weeks after that, then every 10 weeks indefinitely.

Has anyone had experience with this treatment? Probably a question for the European guys who have used Nebido…

I am currently on 90mg test cypionate per week …would it be a good idea for me to switch?

I would think it would depend on how steady the levels are. You could potentially have a huge peak and low valley. I would want more research and details if it were me. I don’t mind pinning a couple of times per week.

[quote]catfish74 wrote:
I would think it would depend on how steady the levels are. You could potentially have a huge peak and low valley. I would want more research and details if it were me. I don’t mind pinning a couple of times per week.[/quote]

Undecanoate is apparently mixed with an oil and has a very long half life…

My doc offered it as well. My concern was just like Catfish74 said. I can’t imagine that it could not be a big spike and a six week low. Just a guess though.

[quote]sweet-t wrote:
My doc offered it as well. My concern was just like Catfish74 said. I can’t imagine that it could not be a big spike and a six week low. Just a guess though.[/quote]

Hey man I really appreciate your response but was hoping for some insight better than your imagination :slight_smile:

[quote]jdub129 wrote:

[quote]sweet-t wrote:
My doc offered it as well. My concern was just like Catfish74 said. I can’t imagine that it could not be a big spike and a six week low. Just a guess though.[/quote]

Hey man I really appreciate your response but was hoping for some insight better than your imagination :)[/quote]

Haha, like what… You want someone to go find a scientific paper for you that will prove this idea of peaks and valleys in your blood levels when using such a long ester? You could always search a library of medical journals to find it yourself.

[quote]iammikewatts wrote:

[quote]jdub129 wrote:

[quote]sweet-t wrote:

Hey man I really appreciate your response but was hoping for some insight better than your imagination :)[/quote]

Haha, like what… You want someone to go find a scientific paper for you that will prove this idea of peaks and valleys in your blood levels when using such a long ester? You could always search a library of medical journals to find it yourself.[/quote]

By that reasoning we should dismantle this forum since everyone can go do their own research…

I think what is being conveyed is that with such a long period between injections, regardless of half-life, it’s entirely possible that you could have subprime levels of T for weeks at a time. 10 weeks is 70 days and a half-life of 50days(90-40) means almost three weeks at half the level you’ll be accustomed to. Maybe it’ll be great but it could be difficult to manage since titration takes place over months instead of days. A low dose will mean being low for 10 weeks before the dose can be adjusted. With test Cyp you can change it every few days.

[quote]C27 H40 O3 wrote:
it could be difficult to manage since titration takes place over months instead of days. A low dose will mean being low for 10 weeks before the dose can be adjusted. With test Cyp you can change it every few days. [/quote]

This. That’s a very long period to try and manage, if changes are required. With cyp or enan, you can adjust over a period of a few days, not a few weeks. I for one don’t want to be sub-optimal for weeks at a time. A few days is bad enough.

I was really just pointing out that it seems to be hitting the streets and the doc’s are starting the push while offering my own opinion. No real reason to explain since I’m sure 90% of the people on here would draw the same conclusion since maintaining stable levels is the name of the game.

How about you try it and enlighten us all with your experience. Then there would be no need to dismantle this forum…

Potentially, if enough people dial in protocols that work, I don’t see why taking smaller weekly undecoanate couldn’t keep your T levels flat throughout.

It’s tuff to get an RX for test in areas. Now that would be a trick. Look Doc I cant come in every ten weeks.

[quote]C27 H40 O3 wrote:
Potentially, if enough people dial in protocols that work, I don’t see why taking smaller weekly undecoanate couldn’t keep your T levels flat throughout. [/quote]

Well apparently with the oil substance that is mixed with the testosterone, there is a big risk at injection time so they only allow it to be done at a clinic and you must wait and be monitored 30 minutes after the injection

I get my shots at the clinic anyways though

A risk of anaphylaxis after every injection? That really blows.

[quote]C27 H40 O3 wrote:
A risk of anaphylaxis after every injection? That really blows. [/quote]

Yes I’m already starting to lean towards not giving this a try, especially considering I would be one of the guinea pigs for it’s use since it is so new in the US