T Nation

Test. Testing

Howdy all,
I am new to the forums, though have been a frequent reader for the past 2 months. I’ll get right to the point, is there anything I can do to promote my estrogen to testosterone levels on a hormone test?

I have one upcoming and would like to get a script-- the sooner the better, of course-- as I 1) do not have a connect for juice and 2) wouldn’t want to risk potentially serious legal offense. If anyone has any personal experience with this, I would greatly appreciate any constructive tips. Thanks

[quote]DBLaurrell wrote:
Howdy all,
I am new to the forums, though have been a frequent reader for the past 2 months. I’ll get right to the point, is there anything I can do to promote my estrogen to testosterone levels on a hormone test?

I have one upcoming and would like to get a script-- the sooner the better, of course-- as I 1) do not have a connect for juice and 2) wouldn’t want to risk potentially serious legal offense. If anyone has any personal experience with this, I would greatly appreciate any constructive tips. Thanks [/quote]

If you are successful at bringing up your estrogen level, then you may achieve only an aromatase inhibiter prescription. It would be more helpful (in your predicament) to have low total testosterone levels to convince the doc to prescribe testosterone. Also, HRT level prscriptions will have to be stockpiled for a while before you will have enough for a decent cycle.

Ahhh, that makes sense, I didn’t think of it like that, thank you. Is there anything I can do to lower my overall test. levels? I believe I recall hearing that taking the hormone test earlier in the morning results in a higher level of testosterone, but of course I’m not sure if that is valid.

Also, what exactly are “HRT level prescriptions”?? Sorry, to be honest I don’t know much about the gear game, I more specialized in nutrition and exercise science.

Thank you for your response, Dynamo Hum!

Although heavy compound lifting generally raises your testosterone and growth hormone levels I believe that they are significantly lowered right after a brutal workout. Maybe overtraining on a leg program right before your test would affect your scores. Doing it hungover probably wouldn’t hurt either. Just bring a puke bucket.

Be sure to actually overtrain though or you will likely raise your levels instead.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I think Cy Willson did an article about this.

From memory…

Cut down food for a week before your test and cut out fats & carbs as much as possible.

Train twice a day - weights on one session, cardio on both to increase cortisol levels.

As has been mentioned, minimum sleep - for the entire week. 4 or 5 hours in any 24.

Don’t eat anything at all for 24/48 hours before your test.

I seem to remember Cy recommending you drink around 5 beers (Enough so you definitely couldn’t drive) on each of the 10 days before your test.

Finally, have a few more beers a couple of hours before they draw the blood.

I’ll see if I can hunt out the article.

Heres the article

[quote]ratm88 wrote:
Heres the article

[/quote]

Good find! Cheers.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Oh wow, that is plenty more difficult than my training regiment, lol. Unfortunately I have been sober for over 2 years now, and wouldn’t be willing to break it for this…

However, waking up at 3am to open the Gym will actually help me out for once! Hey! I’ll let yall know how it goes over at Kaiser. Thanks for the tips, and so the struggle begins…

Got tested, the results came back as 560 total on a normality scale being 280-800 (according to my doctor). Well, looks like I won’t be getting a prescription any time soon!

lol! and you dont need one either…