T Nation

Test Suspension and Training

Does anyone have any experience of ideas about taking test suspension around workout times only. For example, maybe a couple times a week (or less), injecting 50-100 mg of test right before or after a workout so that workout would be more effective, while in no way would this inhibit the HPTA. Do you think this would work?

I am wondering, on some part, because this would only be able to be detected by drug tests for a very short amount of time, if my understanding of the test are correct.

I am by no means a steroid expert. However, if you were to use that amount for a total of 4 to 5 workouts per week, you would most likely inhibit the HPTA. That is a total of anywhere from 200 to 500 mg per week. Male testicles only produce 7.5 to 10 mg per day.

I have had great results with test suspension 100mgs/Mon, Wed, Fri. However I do not know about pre-workout injections. I used to love test suspension but it seems to have vanished from most places.

I have thought about this before. Attempting to boost test levels solely around workouts without effecting your natural production.

To be honest I think it is a bad idea. The high boosts in test although may not completely shut you down the way a long term continuous cycle would, but I think they would still have a negative effect on your endogenous testosterone production to some point.

The up down levels would probably lead to mood swings and a host of other side effects as your hormone levels would never be stable. And the fact that your test levels would only be raised about 1/3 of the time would mean that although you may have some heightened aggression for those workouts the amount of muscle gained and kept would be minimal.

This is strictly my opinion, and I have never done this or been in contact with anyone attempting this type of dosing protocol. I just think that it would not work out the way you want it to. I would like to hear others opinions on this topic.

I would like to clarify - this would not be done as a long term thing - ~3 weeks

If the workouts and injection were in the morning, most of it be out of ones system by night, when most of your endo test is produced…hence even less inhibition of the HPTA…? (BIll roberts i believe writes a lot about this)

I don’t think it’d amount to much, but it makes some sense. The only way to know is to try it out. 3 weeks of selective test suspension shots shouldnt shut the HTPA much, but don’t expect humongous results. It could be a great plateau buster though.

If you try it out, I’d be curious to know your results and sides (if any, like mood swings or the like.

I am currently running a ccle of EQ/Test-E, 150mg/eod, on occasion, I have injected an additional 100 mg of Test-P (not suspension, but fast acting nonetheless…).

I have never noticed my workouts to be any better on those days, either in level of ‘agreession’ towards the weights, or an increased ability to handle more weights.

Keep in mind that in addition to the well-known anabolic effects, the other main results is anti-catabolism, which to my understanding takes place in the hours after the workout.

I also think that the dosing schedule mentioned is going to cause large fluctuations in your body’s hormone levels and going to lead to more severe sides in relation the the relatively small weekly dose.

I would suspect you would get a bigger bang for the buck with a couple of cans of Spike (or even a couple of cups of coffee)

Just my two cents worth