Test Supps, Little Benefit to Older Men?

Google news today

http://health.usnews.com/usnews/health/healthday/080102/testosterone-supplements-provide-little-benefit.htm

The effect would be different if the study was conducted on people who actually train. Taking test alone isn’t enough.

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
The effect would be different if the study was conducted on people who actually train. Taking test alone isn’t enough.[/quote]

They added muscle and lost fat. If they trained I am sure they would have done so at a greater rate and also gained strength. Another poorly done study.

And with this statement allowed for the outrageous link between test and diabetes. Which in turn links test to obesity. Nicely done. I do believe the media could have fun with that.

“Although not statistically significant, the men taking testosterone were slightly more likely to have metabolic syndrome by the end of the study. Metabolic syndrome is a predictor of type 2 diabetes and is characterized by obesity and unhealthy cholesterol levels.”

cueball

Another interesting read.

[quote]Mavric wrote:
Another interesting read.

BBC NEWS | Health | UK and US 'keenest on fast food' [/quote]

whats messed up about this is it is being used to ban food and foodstuffs like trans-fats in the UK and USA by nosy “we know whats best for you” politicians…

This reminds me of the old days when it was standard physician dogma that steroids just don’t work, that they just don’t contribute all that much to performance enhancement.

“Test increases lean body mass and decreases bodyfat, but it doesn’t work!”

I’m sorry, how does that make sense? So it made them leaner, yet it still “doesn’t work?” Alright, makes a lot of sense to me…