Your doctor is an idiot. At the end of 3 weeks your T is gone, you are mostly shutdown and swimming in residual E2.
You need to know more about these things that your doctors so you can manage your own healthcare and not be passive.
Please read these stickies:
- advice for new guys
-- need to know a lot more about you, post labs and ranges, ??? pre TRT LH/FSH???
- protocol for injections - what you need to do, frequent self injections
- finding a TRT doc
- thyroid basics
Thyroid is a mess, see last sticky above.
- TSH should be closer to 1.0
- fT4 should be near mid[-range, is low
- fT3 should be near mid-range, is a bit high
- do not be fooled by the thyroid lab ranges, they are useless and mislead doctors and others.
Check your oral body temperatures and post:
- when you first wake up
- AND mid-afternoon
If body temps are low, get rT3 tested
Inability to absorb transdermal T is a symptom of [subclinical] hypothyroidism.