T Nation

Test Prop

I know prop is about the least desirable ester, but sometimes you have to make due with what’s available/affordable. That being said, if you wanted to do a large dose, like a gram a week, would it make sense to do two injections a day of prop? You know, assuming you don’t mind being a human pin cushion.

Remington’s Pharmaceutical Science gives the half life of prop to be only 4 hours, so would it make sense to split 140mgs a day into two 70 mg injections 12 hours apart, or would it even be worth it?

Better reread…test prop has a half life of about 4.5 days not 4 hours. Test suspention could be what you are reading about since that is the shortest lived test I know of.
DA

Least desirable? I would have thought it was the most desirable, but the hardest to use because it’s less solouble, so you can’t go much over 100mg/ml usually and the high BA shots hurt like a biatch. It should be the most powerful of the test esters (short of acetate, which has almost the same pharmacokinetics as suspension). Are you sure that it said 4 hours - it’s more like 2-4 days, from what I’ve read. Are you sure you haven’t gotten the units wrong? Even suspension and acetate aren’t quite that fast.

I’ve read that the half-life of prop is anywhere from 2-4 days as well. Never heard of 4 hours.

So which is it? 2 days or 4 days? Or do you just inject ed and quit thinking?

There is no way that Prop has a half-life of 4 hours. The propionate ester lives for about 3 days on average. The ester itself has very low fatty acids, which makes it very acidic.

I made some Prop with 150mg/ml strength and it shot fine, no pain. I kept the BA content low and increased the BB to keep it in a solution. Watch out for some UG labs, the BA content is enough to kill ya! Good luck.

I am going to defer to the combined experience of the board. So I gather that to get a gram a week of prop that 140mgs once a day would be fine? (140 x 7=980mgs, close enough for me)

Just for kicks I’ll give you the quote from Remington’s Pharmaceutical Sciences, 18th edition, 1990, pg 1001:

Intramuscular injections of the propiante provide a somewhat more intense action than with testosterone, but the duration of action is somewhat shorter, even though the half life is about 4hr. The parenteral route is not suited to long term treatment. The other esters of testosterone and synthetic congeners have considerably diminished the importance of the propianate.

end quote

Does this reflect a lack of understanding regarding AAS in the medicall community or are the pharmacokinetics different with therapeutic dosages?

Conor

[quote]conorh wrote:
Does this reflect a lack of understanding regarding AAS in the medicall community or are the pharmacokinetics different with therapeutic dosages?

Conor[/quote]

i’m going out on limb here, but lets say yes :wink:

Intramuscular injections of the propiante provide a somewhat more intense action than with testosterone, but the duration of action is somewhat shorter, even though the half life is about 4hr. The parenteral route is not suited to long term treatment. The other esters of testosterone and synthetic congeners have considerably diminished the importance of the propianate.

Wow that’s some heavy misinformation They actually are saying that test prop has a more profound action than straight test !