Test Prop from Syno

Hey guys, just joined the site for this exact problem. Now that I have read the valuable info here I know what not to do next time.

But right now I have the same cloudy prop as TheBus had. I followed the exact steps he used and I’m going to do the vent and refilter method.

The only question I have is what is a “slin pin”. I’ve read other places that it’s an insulin pin that I don’t have, but I do have 23g needles.

Will 23g work to vent while in the oven?

Also one more question for the “TheBus”. Did you use the prop since your last post? If so how do you feel the prop compared to past cycles? I need to know if I’m wasting my time saving this batch and should just start over.

Well, I actually vented and heated, and re-filtered twice and it really cleared it up and looked solid. The problem is that whatman filters can back up easily if you are impatient. TAKE YOUR TIME…obviously we were both in a hurry or we would not have been in this situation to begin with…haha

I actually didn’t use the prop, but learned a good lesson in brewing. Take your time, filter plenty and make sure the powder is dry as bone, let it dry for several days to week(s) because moisture can really mess it up.

Second time around was good