T Nation

Test P / D Bol - Cycle with Nolva

[quote]SPQA wrote:
After a bit of reading and a good trip to the grocery store I’ve definitely done an overhaul to my diet.

This may not be the best forum to post on, but my eventual goal is to do an AAS cycle, not for mass or bulk, but for strength and definition.

If you veterans can critique this new diet, I’d very much appreciate it. Overall, I’ve added about 1200 calories per day and in the last 3 days have really noticed an improvement in my rebounds (even to my cardio.)

Morning:
Fat burner
(5-10 Miles Carb Depleted Run)
2 Bowls Fiber One w/ 2% Milk
1 Tru-Mass Shake
1 Banana

Snack:
Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt w/ fresh fruit (Banana, Strawberries, Grapes, Honeydew, and Cantalope)
Fiber One Protein Bar

Lunch:
Turkey Sandwich on wheat with extra virgin olive oil and vinegarette, and American (2%)
Multigrain Pasta and 3oz shredded chicken breast
G2 8oz’er

(1 scoop NoXplode w/ G2 - Afternoon weight training 1-1.5hr)

Snack:
Trumass shake
Shot of extra virgin olive oil

Dinner:
Multigrain pasta with full chicken breast or 1lb 93% lean ground beef. Diced tomatoes and green peppers in sauce
10oz Milk 2%
6oz V8

Snack:
2 Hardboiled eggs and albacore tuna with light mayo.
1 shot of extra virgin olive oil

Obviously, there’s still some more room for improvement, but these are my first steps. Now that I’m back from overseas I have a little more control over my diet. My goal is to add 20lbs of muscle before I even consider AAS.

Natural Goal:
260lbs
10-11%BF

While deployed I was on a very dirty bulk and reached 265 at 15%BF. I’m still concerned about the mild gyno that occurs when I’m over 15%BF, but I can definitely see the changes thus far are a vast improvement to my body’s functioning.

P.S. Thanks for being jerks. I’m stubborn.
[/quote]

I am no authority on nutrition (for anyone but myself at least) but my advice is to keep with the current diet plan and keep track of how your body reacts. Track your weight gain once or twice a month, take pictures every few weeks (I think this is the best way to see if a diet is working if your goal is body recomp), and keep track of your lifts in the gym. If everything is going the way you want than the diet plan is working for you. Give it at least 2 or 3 months before you abandon whatever you decide to do. Oh and drink whole milk, it’s better in every way than skim or low fat.

Edit
After looking at the diet again, I’d say you need more protein. I assume trumass is a protein or gainer shake but I still think someone your size can use more protein.

And where’s the love for Biotest supps?>?

Pick up some Flameout. It’s a great product and everyone could use fishoil in their diet.

wow so i see you have to go threw trial an error on diets thanx for the info and hope when i get my diet i can get some good criticism like this thanx.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:…I am no authority on nutrition (for anyone but myself at least) but my advice is to keep with the current diet plan and keep track of how your body reacts. Track your weight gain once or twice a month, take pictures every few weeks (I think this is the best way to see if a diet is working if your goal is body recomp), and keep track of your lifts in the gym. If everything is going the way you want than the diet plan is working for you. Give it at least 2 or 3 months before you abandon whatever you decide to do. Oh and drink whole milk, it’s better in every way than skim or low fat.

Edit
After looking at the diet again, I’d say you need more protein. I assume trumass is a protein or gainer shake but I still think someone your size can use more protein.

And where’s the love for Biotest supps?>?

Pick up some Flameout. It’s a great product and everyone could use fishoil in their diet. [/quote]

X2. Keep a journal. Also why not make the starting point for your trial and error process a lot more accurate??? …by calculating your Resting Metabolic Rate (required caloric intake) and exercise expenditure?

There’s a lot more to be said of your diet, but that’s the best place to start. If you’re serious about your goals, you have to write this stuff down.

a couple other things… 1) get a food scale; 2) stick to a >90% adherence nutrition plan.