Test/Nandralone Cycle Messed Me Up. Advice on Second One?

I trained naturally for 2.5 years. My genetics are crap. Tall and skinny. Furthermore, I had my T-levels tested and came back with low T. I was given the option of TRT but chose not to, for various reasons. So my gains have always been very slow, despite my dedication. I’m DYEL but I was fine with that. I was “fit.”

After 2.5 years I hit a plateu and like everybody else I decided to do “one cycle.” It was a 12 week test and nandralone stack with only clomid as PCT. Here’s the problem: it took like 10 months for my T, estrogen, and prolactin levels to get back within normal range. My prolactin was off the frickin’ charts even 7 months after cycle. I was expecting 3 months to recover … not 8 months of hell.

I recently had to stop working out for three months. Obviously I LOST ALL MY GAINS. I have started hitting the gym with a vengeance. But …bro’s … there is no fucking way I’m busting my ass for another 2.5 years just to get back the meagre gains I had. So. I’ve decided to take another cycle.

Given my past experience with nandralon/test … does anybody have advice on what cycle would be best for someone who is prone to elevated prolactin and slow recovery time? My goal is to put on mass. Maybe a short test only cycle? Better pct? I was thinking about a dbol/test stack with better pct? You guys are the experts, and I’d appreciate your opinion.

I feel you, dude. Nandrolone did the same thing to me.

Just stick to test and an oral. That’s all most recreational lifters need.

Perhaps your prolactin was elevated before that cycle and you have a prolactin secreting pituitary adinoma.

Please go to the Testosterone Replacement forum and read the advice for new guys sticky there. Then create your own thread in the forum and post info as suggested in the sticky. Need all of your lab work with ranges. More that T and prolactin.

I’m sure my prolactin was normal before cycle. I did it right - i had full blood panel 2 weeks before statrting cycle. I had three more blood tests in the 8 months after the cycle.

1 Like

Interesting? It also elevated your prolactin and took a long time to recover? I have seen a couple other guys on forums say they experienced the same thing we did with nandralone.

What do you think about me taking a 10 week test cycle with 4 weeks of dbol at the beginning to kick things off?

[quote]night owl wrote:
Interesting? It also elevated your prolactin and took a long time to recover? I have seen a couple other guys on forums say they experienced the same thing we did with nandralone.

What do you think about me taking a 10 week test cycle with 4 weeks of dbol at the beginning to kick things off? [/quote]

we’ve seen it ten million times on this forum alone. Long term fucked upness from nandrolone use is a very real thing. There’s poor bastards who still haven’t had their libido return YEARS after a deca cycle, long after their prolactin and everything comes back to normal. There’s more to it than bloodwork can tell you, although theories differ as to what it actually is.

I was lucky in that it only lasted a few months, but I’ll never touch a progesterone derivative again, which sucks because everyone talks about how great tren is.

So now I just stick to test and dbol or anavar. I suggest you do the same.

1 Like

ok. Which would you recommend - anavar or dbol?

so, just to clarify, do you have normal testosterone levels or are you low?

the reason why i’m asking, is if you’re low (and a possible candidate for TRT or blast and cruise), then you might want to plan your cycle accordingly.

as far as your current cycle, i’m partial to the basic 500 mg/wk of testosterone plan until that stops working for ya…

I would never in a million years recommend for a first cycle someone use Nandrolone with Test. Can you do it? Sure, but never for a first cycle as you have so little experience to the sides. Jeezus…

I agree with Yogi1… Nandrolone is not one to use lightly and not without Arimidex…

So your first cycle was a disaster and now you want to do another - interesting… If you’re going to do another cycle, do something totally basic to see how your body actually reacts and you can learn to recognize and treat the sides (if any). Determine if you want a long or short cycle (and in your case, I’d suggest you lean toward a short cycle as your first one was such a fuk-up on your body)… Up to you, as it’s your body though…

^FYI, A-dex really does nothing to help the issues associated with nandrolone…

nandrolone can elevate prolcatin, which can be controlled with a dompaine agonist (prami, caber, etc)