Test Levels Don't Fluctuate?

Some one recently posted a chart which showed how a mans test level fluctuations throughout the day (natural test levels of a ‘typical’ man I think)

As we know they vary throughout the day, usually at a high level in the morning etc.
I recently read an interesting book written by a doctor (female) which mentions test levels spike and drop a lot according to emotional state, for example she says that a mans test levels may raise when he is about to get into a fight, and will stay raised if he wins, where as the ‘losers’ test levels will then drop, the same applies if they are fighting over a woman, winners test spikes, losers drop etc.

She even says this applies to spectators at sporting events, the losing sides supporters test levels will drop when their team starts losing, and the winning teams supporters test levels will rise.

My question is… whilst on cycle or HRT, basically whilst your providing your body with test, your levels will depend on your injection frequency and the half life of the test, so am I correct in thinking that ‘we’ (steroid users/ HRT patients) are immune to these fluctuations and walk around all day with nice high levels regardless of our emotional state?

I’m not aware of measurements to support no substantial percentage changes during the day or in response to events but I’d certainly expect it due to the chemistry controlling rate of delivery of the injected steroid, and it being impossible I think to have rapid changes in rate of clearance.

That would require rapidly producing more of the relevant drug-metabolizing enzymes, and that wouldn’t be an immediate process, if it occurs at all in response to stress or other factors such as you describe.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

To be honest I didn’t quite understand Bills reply, I think it was basically a ‘no’ is that right?

My understanding is that natural test levels fluctaute, if your on a ‘supressed’ you have no natural test so your ‘injected’ levels vary accoring to half life and injection frequeny.

Anyway, I found that book an interesting read, I’ll be interested to find out what you think, although its quite ‘general’ I posted it to you yesterday it should be with you monday, we’re all looking forwards to your review!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
I’m not convinced she is right - in as far as neglecting to mention the other brain chemicals at play.

Why do losing fans become aggressive, compared to winning fans?

Does she mention dopamine, adrenaline, cortisol, etc?

Also, there must be some lagtime between increased LH secretion and increased testosterone. Does she talk about this?

In answer to your question, I am in agreement with Bill (after I re-read his post several times, to be sure what he was saying, lol).

BBB[/quote]

There is an overwhelming amount of evidence in the literature regarding fluctuations in endogenous testosterone with mood, competition, winning, losing etc, etc. The changes occur very quickly (minutes) suggesting the lag time between LH secretion and testosterone production/secretion are minimal. It has been put forward that these increases in testosterone concentration in the blood are due not to secretion from the testes but from changes (falls) in plasma volume or even a lower uptake by receptors. This appears though not to be true as these changes are inevitably accompanied by corresponding increases in LH. It amazes me that these chemical reactions occur so quickly that increases in blood plasma testosterone are mirrored by increases in salivary testosterone within minutes of competition occurring.

In terms of aggression and losing fans there is a debate in the current literature of the impact testosterone has on behavior. Many violent criminals have higher than normal testosterone concentrations but despite this researchers favor the hypothesis that testosterone “causes” dominant behavior and not aggressive behavior. Hope people find this as interesting as I do ha ha!!

BBB, at the very least that book makes for an interesting read.
Cymru, I do find this all very interesting, and I have read of the studies that violent criminals have higher test levels, I find myself feeling a bit more ‘manly’ on test or as BBB says ‘whole’