T Nation

Test is Very Low for My Age (24)

Hey wanted your guys opinion my test levels last blood draw were at 356total, and i believ 15-18free(not sure on exact number on free…endo will not give me trt…started out when i was in my late teens sexual performance was shitty went to doc and they thought i had hypogonadism, but since then it has raised to 356supposably in range…

anyways doc gave me some anti depressants to help with sex but nothing for test levels…so i went ro another doc and asked about hcg for stimulatin t levels and now have been using hcg still no different i dont yhink, i go to the endo and get my lab eork next friday…any suggestions?

Also sex drive has been down and testies are tender sometimes…i really could careless about sex lately, wife even mentioned it…also taking 50mg dhea daily, 500 hcg once per week and 50000mg vit d once per week…id rather just take test and reap the benefits sexually and in the gym

That is to low for anyone. Find another Doctor that will do all test that are listed in stickies and treat you accordingly. List results here.

[quote]cobra003 wrote:
That is to low for anyone. Find another Doctor that will do all test that are listed in stickies and treat you accordingly. List results here.[/quote]

What may be low for some may be perfect for others…
People play the number game too much
If you are less then 35 then look for factors why your levels could be low instead of taking testosterone since it may be masking something worse as commonly I see in younger guys…

[quote]Hardasnails wrote:

[quote]cobra003 wrote:
That is to low for anyone. Find another Doctor that will do all test that are listed in stickies and treat you accordingly. List results here.[/quote]

What may be low for some may be perfect for others…
People play the number game too much
If you are less then 35 then look for factors why your levels could be low instead of taking testosterone since it may be masking something worse as commonly I see in younger guys…[/quote]

You are right, I am still learning here. Most important is to try and find a good Dr. that will take care of you. Good luck!

Thank you, ill read the stickies, i have had an mri done to check pit gland and the tests the doc felt like i needed, he really thinks there is nothing wrong with levels, on the other hand i disagree, why would i have the sex issues and lathargic ass the past 7-8 years, i wasnt even into to lifting when i first went to the doc…where i am located you cant just find a nother endo, without goin to denver or lincoln/omaha

24yrs
5ft10
277
25%bf
training 5/3/1(just started the prgram), used hit before
Will have current labs the 26 of this month

500 hcg x 1week
Vit d 50000 x 1week
50mg dhea daily

Total test 356(250-1000)
Free15-18(7-22)

Tired alot, kinda got the man boobs(since 8yrs old, went from skinny to fat)
Since starting hcg testies ache every once in awhile

[quote]robinson21 wrote:
24yrs
5ft10
277
25%bf
training 5/3/1(just started the prgram), used hit before
Will have current labs the 26 of this month

500 hcg x 1week
Vit d 50000 x 1week
50mg dhea daily

Total test 356(250-1000)
Free15-18(7-22)

Tired alot, kinda got the man boobs(since 8yrs old, went from skinny to fat)
Since starting hcg testies ache every once in awhile[/quote]

if the Dr is given you HCG once a week he is very uneducated in TRT.
HCG should be taken EOD at 250 ius to start then retest e2 and TT. LH. SHBG in 3 weeks then make adjustments.
DHEA 50 mgs Converts to too much estrogen
You got too much shit in the pot and do not know what is doing what. When I design protocols or make suggestion to medical professionals there is always a layered approach. The end result is less variables less drugs and more likely you know what is going on
Your throwing shit against the wall and seeing what is going to stick. This method is doomed to failure

Well that sucks to know, i have no idea ehat to do man…im seeing an endo which doesnt help me at all and a nother doctor that has set me up gor failure with this hcg…pretty awesome i pay these people and they dont know what they are doing…i appreciate your help, idk what to do now though

Does anybody have any advice? Thanks

[quote]robinson21 wrote:
Does anybody have any advice? Thanks[/quote]

Look for an internal medicine Dr, ND functional medicine dr (even some of them are sketchy) do your research.
Suggestion look for root cause and resolve the problem at source rather then Drs treating symptoms which is biggest down fall of our health system on top of poor lifestyles and nutriton (Drs never mention). They prefer to give prescriptions and see you in 6-8 weeks.

[quote]Hardasnails wrote:

[quote]robinson21 wrote:
Does anybody have any advice? Thanks[/quote]

Look for an internal medicine Dr, ND functional medicine dr (even some of them are sketchy) do your research.
Suggestion look for root cause and resolve the problem at source rather then Drs treating symptoms which is biggest down fall of our health system on top of poor lifestyles and nutriton (Drs never mention). They prefer to give prescriptions and see you in 6-8 weeks. [/quote]

Thank you man, where i live ther arent really any specialist or different docs…its rediculous…ill do some looking

[quote]Hardasnails wrote:

[quote]robinson21 wrote:
Does anybody have any advice? Thanks[/quote]

Look for an internal medicine Dr, ND functional medicine dr (even some of them are sketchy) do your research.
Suggestion look for root cause and resolve the problem at source rather then Drs treating symptoms which is biggest down fall of our health system on top of poor lifestyles and nutriton (Drs never mention). They prefer to give prescriptions and see you in 6-8 weeks. [/quote]

Thank you man, where i live ther arent really any specialist or different docs…its rediculous…ill do some looking

Just left the endo, test was at 246…wants to get labs on my prolactin,tsh, and ft4…if that checks out he wants to check sleep apnea, then if thats ok try clomid and then recheck everything and see if body can start producing its pwn test, if that doesnt work then test

[quote]robinson21 wrote:
Just left the endo, test was at 246…wants to get labs on my prolactin,tsh, and ft4…if that checks out he wants to check sleep apnea, then if thats ok try clomid and then recheck everything and see if body can start producing its pwn test, if that doesnt work then test[/quote]

Can not build a mansion on a shitty foundation it will fall. Same way with hormones…

Went and got labs done this morning, the added to the labs, sex hormone, total test and something not for sure…guess we will see

[quote]robinson21 wrote:
anyways doc gave me some anti depressants to help with sex but nothing for test levels…[/quote]

Which antidepressant? Most antidepressants will kill sex drive and/or erections, so that may be another reason why the HCG is not doing anything.

They put me on paxil

Hopefully they figure this out, the endo even said that my levels should be at 600-800…which is weird because at 356 he wasnt worried, doesnt make sense

Got some of the tests back, test at 276, prolactin at 19(range 2-17