T Nation

Test Gel Questions...

Hi I am brand new here so thanks in advance for your help. I heard about this sight from mixed martial arts .com

Anyhow I got a legal script for test gel and was wondering what to expect from it. It is 50 mg a day witch I think is pretty small.

Do I need to take any anti E sups with it or not

thanks

Cup

If I read correctly, androgel 50mg comes out to 5 mg of actual testosterone, so I highly doubt you will need anything, or notice an insane difference.

I’m on 20mg ED and it does VERY little

[quote]Cup wrote:
Hi I am brand new here so thanks in advance for your help. I heard about this sight from mixed martial arts .com

Anyhow I got a legal script for test gel and was wondering what to expect from it. It is 50 mg a day witch I think is pretty small.

Do I need to take any anti E sups with it or not

thanks

Cup[/quote]

What kind of gel Testim or Androgel?

If taken as prescribed, no ancillaries necessary. However, if you happen to have some extra, or you plan on saving up to “cycle” it, that’s a different story. In any case, much more specific information is needed to give you the answers you are looking for.

It is Androgel and yes it is 5 mg. I may cycle it up but am unsure how to.’’’

Cup

[quote]Cup wrote:
It is Androgel and yes it is 5 mg. I may cycle it up but am unsure how to.’’’

Cup[/quote]

Do not use this amount of Androgel. Your body will adjust after a couple of weeks. Androgel is meant for guys with VERY low test and will just F you up.

Can you explain a little more man. I have low test so I got a script for this stuff from a cool doc. Why should i stay off of it>?

How do you cycle it?

What else do I need to know?

[quote]Cup wrote:
Can you explain a little more man. I have low test so I got a script for this stuff from a cool doc. Why should i stay off of it>?

How do you cycle it?

What else do I need to know?[/quote]

When you introduce T like that, the HPTA reduces the production from your tests. But transdermals lead to more T–>E aromatization in the skin. So E goes up, then SHBG goes up, your own T production drops even more and relative FT drops too and what TF you have then faces opposing action of E at the T receptors. In other words, you are screwed and will feel like crap. You would not want to cycle thatm but run away from it.

In general, you have to completely replace your own T production to increase T levels. An average health young male produces 10mg of T per week. If you absorb 10% of the T in a gel or creme (a good rule of thumb) then you would need to take 100mg transdermally just to break even.

Many do not absorb transdermals very well and it simply fails to work for those. For those who do well starting who need TRT, some will have skin changes and absorption will fall off. So for many who need TRT, transdermals are not the answer.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Cup wrote:

How do you cycle it?

What else do I need to know?

When you introduce T like that, the HPTA reduces the production from your tests. But transdermals lead to more T–>E aromatization in the skin. So E goes up, then SHBG goes up, your own T production drops even more and relative FT drops too and what TF you have then faces opposing action of E at the T receptors. In other words, you are screwed and will feel like crap. You would not want to cycle thatm but run away from it.

In general, you have to completely replace your own T production to increase T levels. An average health young male produces 10mg of T per week. If you absorb 10% of the T in a gel or creme (a good rule of thumb) then you would need to take 100mg transdermally just to break even.

Many do not absorb transdermals very well and it simply fails to work for those. For those who do well starting who need TRT, some will have skin changes and absorption will fall off. So for many who need TRT, transdermals are not the answer. [/quote]

I disagree.

The absorbion at the skin increases DHT conversion which decreases SHBG, which causes a quicker destruction of estrogen. I’ve been on it all, and am really surprised by your answer here KS. For many transdermals are not the answer, but for many it is. Most dosing is 50mg a day which is an absorbsion of 5mg a day or 35mg a week.

Which does fit nicely into the 4-7mg a day (28-49mg a week) production in the normal male. I prefer injections due to control and family issues, but fact is that transdermals lead to higher levels of DHT, Free Testosterone, Lower E levels and lower SHBG.