Test Fest: Texas?

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Dan Fouts wrote:
What again is the draw? Girls and steak?

I can see your reason for disapproval. I hear there are some great places to shop for scarfs and I am sure you may be able to find a sausage factory if you look hard enough. Girl, it is so hot that if I was you…and I’m not…I would just tie a big 'ole knot in the front of my t-shirt, rip up some jeans until they fit like Daisy Dukes and hit the club scene.

“Work, supermodel…sache, chante”

Oh shit that’s funny! Just picturing you imitate your quote made me LMFAO. Oh I gotta catch my breath.[/quote]

Yeah. It sent me into a coughing fit, I laughed so hard! LOL!

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
I’m down for the next one. I’m sure Stacey will come too.[/quote]

Yaaay!!! :smiley:

[quote]Eric Cressey wrote:
Texas sounds good to me. Then again, it’s February in New England, so any warm place sounds good![/quote]

Eric, I will PAY YOU to bring me a burger from Kathy-John’s, man. PLEASE??? :smiley: (nah, I’m just playing. :slight_smile: )

[quote]ipjunkie wrote:
Honestly, it doesn’t matter to me where we have it. If having it in Dallas/Ft. Worth area makes it easier for speakers and T-attendees to fly in, then it might be a better choice. Remember, the event is the draw, not necessarily the “after party”, although it’s important to have a large enough city that there are good places to go afterwards. [/quote]

Definitely. And Red Robin ain’t where it’s at. :stuck_out_tongue:

Fall seems like a possibly viable option. It’s before the holidays, too.

Count me in.

You could schedule a Test-Fest for next weekend in Alaska and I’d be there.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

I’m up for it. We’ll go to Texas de Brazil after:

http://www.texasdebrazil.com/index2.php

Bring a vegetarian friend for giggles.[/quote]

i’ve hit fogo de chao and churrasco’s in houston … interesting how the best things in texas are from … brazil

Sweet, answered your PM earlier and just saw the thread!!! Nice hope you can swing it.

Like I told you via PM just ask and I will help with info. etc any way I can.

Like others have said you must consider the date. What else has Just happened or is upcoming that may be a draw as well. need to be spaced or just wont get enough to do it.

A place. Really not that hard. Just make sure to get a place that is variable. Small to start but able to GROW if needed. Like the one I got it was a trhee part room and could reserve the room as required and they took a wall down. Also the hands on aspect is a great idea and one I talked about with the likes of Dan etc and would be great IMO. Just have bto find the place and STUFF to do it. MORE planning.

For sure #1 getting the contribs and there is No lack of BAD ASS mofo’s on here. Dont hesitate to PM them thye are all VERY damn cool from what I have seen.

Hell other than that Just JUMP the hell in and hang on. expect any little change no matter how seemingly small to cost 3 times what you expect and take 4 x the amount of time it should. I would start NOW if you are thinking of doing it this summer. I did the DC oner in 3 months and that was Friggin pushing it. NON stop doing shit.

Oh and then getting people to come.

Anyhow great idea if you can swing it. Keep us updated.

Phill

[quote]rainjack wrote:
One more thing - I’ll gladly pay harris447’s airfare and lodging just to get that yankee bastard to cross the border into paradise. [/quote]

Rainjack, you rednecked, pimple-popping, ball-busting, smart-ass, meathead, Johnny Bravo wannabe! I know you’re secretly in love with that Bastard Dan; so quit pretending and admit it like a man. And by man I mean Texan Fairy.

Is that enough insults to get you to pay my expenses to the Tex-Fest?

Just in case, here’s a joke for your pompous ass:

Proud Texan to visiting Englishman: ‘My spread is so big I can hop into my pickup, start at one end of the ranch, drive all day and never reach the other end.’

Unimpressed Englishman: ‘I had a pickup like that once.’

Houston wouldn’t be too bad, 2 airports, plenty of lodging and multiple venues to set up shop. Many smaller convention centers will host it for free if it is set up as a non profit health fair.

Bullpup

I’d like to suggest an Embassy Suites again to whoever organizes this. They offer a lot of advantages:

• Location of seminar within the hotel - handy, no extra cab rides for those flying in, can eat breakfast at the hotel, etc.

• Big free breakfast

• Free booze for a few hours each evening.

• Onsite bar and usually a restaurant or two. Usually a free business center too for email.

• Good lounges and places to hang out.

• Every room is a suite with a fridge and microwave, and you can fit 5-6 people in there easily and they can split the cost. Get just 4 people in a room and it’s only 25 to 35 bucks per night - and that gets you a buffet breakfast too.

I like DFW and would suggest this Embassy:

http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=MKBTBDIJVOOHCCSGBI1MVCQKIYFC5UUC?ctyhocn=DALEMES

Lots of restaurants nearby, plus a big mall with a skate park and ice rink if you bring the family along. Indoor pool at the hotel too.

DFW area has many meeting places. DWF airport it a main hub and is the center of the area. Give me the heads up…I will see if I have a system available and we can just have our own party and I can provide sound for thous who are speaking…

PM me and let me know the details.
Thanks
Ed

Dan Fouts,that was funny bro.I like reading your threads.In all fairness to Texas,it’s a cool place.I lived in San Diego for 6 years and grew up in New York so I understand your point.Corpus Cristi is a great place,beach,chicks and lots of fun stuff ot do.TRAIN HARD!

Harris,
Austin is 3.5 hours from Arlington or about 190 miles.North on I35 right into the metroplex.

[quote]Dan Fouts wrote:
Chris Shugart wrote:

I’m up for it. We’ll go to Texas de Brazil after:

http://www.texasdebrazil.com/index2.php

Bring a vegetarian friend for giggles.

i’ve hit fogo de chao and churrasco’s in houston … interesting how the best things in texas are from … brazil[/quote]

No, he just suggested tht because you can’t handle a Texas steak.

http://www.bigtexan.com/72oz.html

The Big Texan is in Amarillo. I’m just sayin.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
The Big Texan is in Amarillo. I’m just sayin. [/quote]

That’s ALL there is in Amarillo. Well, that and tumble weed…and even that is trying to get the hell out.

Picture of Amarillo during rush hour.

Picture of Houston during rush hour.

Picture of downtown Houston.

Picture of Austin.