T Nation

Test/Eq? Comments Please

OK looking at my next cycle…

I am looking at either:

WK1-10 Test Cyp 400mg
WK1-10 Equipose 400mg

OR

WK1-10/12 Test Cyp anything upto 750mg… probably use only 600mg anyway.

Dont worry about pct etc… that isnt a problem.

So would you recommend doing a lower dose of test and adding eq, or ramping the Test right up?

I get great results from just 500mg of Test over 8 weeks… so 400mg over 10 weeks alone would give me results.
i am not a gram a week guy.

I want bulk, i do - but i do find that test alone does give a very messy, fatty, watery, rounded, bloated bulk - where deca gives a lovely finish to the body - something i am looking at using the eq for as it is known to be better than deca - plus none of the progestin shite.

Comments lads?

Joe

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Either would be fine. As bushy referred to you just might need .5mg ED of adex alonside your 700-1000mg of Test. I’m a test guy myself as the king is still king. EQ is generally run a bit longer than a mere 10 weeks.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
The reason a test only cycle gives you an undesirable look/feel is because you are not controlling your E tightly enough.

EQ should IMO be run longer than 10 weeks, given the ester length.

Bushy[/quote]

Well 0.5-1mg of Letro daily is more than enough to control my estrogenic sides.

I read that about the eq on ontother thread… how about 300mg for 12 weeks of the eq… with test as it was.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
The reason a test only cycle gives you an undesirable look/feel is because you are not controlling your E tightly enough.

EQ should IMO be run longer than 10 weeks, given the ester length.

Bushy[/quote]

I dont get a undesireable look bushy, i look fucking stacked man! Its more that i am a very harsh critic, and the gains i get from test - while impressive, are a little softer than some other compounds - such as deca.

Maybe i didnt expalin properly.

I obviously run an AI alongside - from the beginning, and have no troubles… not that others would notice, but I DO. Softness-wise at least. The muscles are hard and strong, by softness i just mean around the edges compared to gains on other compounds - i know this is the nature of Test, but that is why i am looking at adding some eq… so…?!

Would it tighten up the gains a little? Or should i go all out, run a long and high dose of Test (not 1g saps!) and keep calories moderate to curtail any excess fat storage that will occur.

The point is, when i have done some very nice moderate (200mg) cycles of deca, i have eaten plenty - but it has given me a beautifully chiselled, and with proviron, DRY look.

With Test this is harder to achieve - proviron (which i failed to mention i run with ALL stacks) or not… So should i suck it up - eat clean, minimize excess fat, maximise clean bulk, and go for a decent test only cycle…
Or do the same, but with less test and more equipose to harden and chisel the look a bit more.
Thats what i am asking.

i am NOT one to bulk forsaking all aesthetic. I am not talking no higher than 10% BF here, but no more than 15% tops.

Joe

Just keep in mind that equipoise does aromatize to estrogen…I believe at around 50% the rate of testosterone…so it isn’t going to be as dry as Deca. I made good progress on the combination of the Test/Eq…but I kept my test dosage higher than my eq dosage. For me at least …it seemed to be a matter of libido.

I have heard that while eq aromatizes more than deca - deca makes you hold more water… due to the aromatization (20%) and the progestin activity too. There is another reason deca loads you with water - cant remember what though. Plus an AI will remove the problems from that 50% from eq but not the water from deca…

Isnt eq meant to harden you up much more than deca? that seems to be the consensus on everything i can find.

But i didnt think about the libido thing. Thanks!

I think the way its going, i may just do only test…

Joe

I’d run the EQ for 12 weeks min. Thats what I’m doing at least. Making nice lean gains.

a-ha! hagar! good on ya!

Yep… that seems to be a given now, i wont run for less than 12… i do know my body though, and on decanoate, cypionate esters i am great with 10 weeks… 12 would be much better though… not over-kill so i will be doing so in the future.

But lean gains eh? And hows the eating affecting that? Are you eating as much as the eq wants you to, or do you stop yourself… or can you eat tons yet the gains are still nice lean gains?

Joe

[quote]Joe Joseph wrote:
a-ha! hagar! good on ya!

Yep… that seems to be a given now, i wont run for less than 12… i do know my body though, and on decanoate, cypionate esters i am great with 10 weeks… 12 would be much better though… not over-kill so i will be doing so in the future.

But lean gains eh? And hows the eating affecting that? Are you eating as much as the eq wants you to, or do you stop yourself… or can you eat tons yet the gains are still nice lean gains?

Joe[/quote]

Here’s my diet. I sub a few things like steak and salmon, rice cakes for yams, etc. but its roughly the same proportion of carbs fats and protein. I’ll sub a shake for chicken/turkey and rice cakes often and If I’m up late I have another meal. So I eat every 2 hrs.

MEAL 1:
5 whole eggs (the OMEGA-3 EGGS they sell in the supermarket) with 1 cup of Cream of Rice or Oatmeal

MEAL 2: (pre-workout)
50g Whey Protein with a liquid carbohydrate drink (such as WAXY MAIZE)-- try to get at least 50g carbs

GYM: WEIGHT TRAINING

MEAL 3: (post-workout)
50g Whey Protein with a liquid carbohydrate drink–try to get at least 50g carbs

MEAL 4:
�??LEAN PROTEIN MEAL�?? ½ pound (8oz) of chicken (or turkey or lean fish or shrimp) with ½ cup cashew nuts (or almonds or walnuts) with 1 cup RICE (brown or white)

MEAL 5:
�??FATTY PROTEIN MEAL�?? ½ pound (8oz) of red meat (or salmon or swordfish) with a salad with 2 tablespoon of olive oil (or macadamia nut oil) and vinegar with 1 baked potato and/or yam

MEAL 6: Same as MEAL 3

MEAL 7: 5 whole eggs with ½ cup grits or Oatmeal

MEAL 8: 50g whey with 1 ½ tablespoons all natural Peanutbutter

I put a few pics up in my profile just now. Check em out. I’m only on week 4 of the EQ.

Joe, I think you will love the EQ if you respond well to deca.

[quote]Hagar wrote:
Joe Joseph wrote:
a-ha! hagar! good on ya!

Joe

Here’s my diet. I sub a few things like steak and salmon, rice cakes for yams, etc. but its roughly the same proportion of carbs fats and protein. I’ll sub a shake for chicken/turkey and rice cakes often and If I’m up late I have another meal. So I eat every 2 hrs.

MEAL 1:
5 whole eggs (the OMEGA-3 EGGS they sell in the supermarket) with 1 cup of Cream of Rice or Oatmeal

MEAL 2: (pre-workout)
50g Whey Protein with a liquid carbohydrate drink (such as WAXY MAIZE)-- try to get at least 50g carbs

GYM: WEIGHT TRAINING

MEAL 3: (post-workout)
50g Whey Protein with a liquid carbohydrate drink–try to get at least 50g carbs

MEAL 4:
�??LEAN PROTEIN MEAL�?? ½ pound (8oz) of chicken (or turkey or lean fish or shrimp) with ½ cup cashew nuts (or almonds or walnuts) with 1 cup RICE (brown or white)

MEAL 5:
�??FATTY PROTEIN MEAL�?? ½ pound (8oz) of red meat (or salmon or swordfish) with a salad with 2 tablespoon of olive oil (or macadamia nut oil) and vinegar with 1 baked potato and/or yam

MEAL 6: Same as MEAL 3

MEAL 7: 5 whole eggs with ½ cup grits or Oatmeal

MEAL 8: 50g whey with 1 ½ tablespoons all natural Peanutbutter

I put a few pics up in my profile just now. Check em out. I’m only on week 4 of the EQ.

[/quote]

Good stuff… you should shave that crap off and step on stage man! I will be when i in the shape you’re in.

Good job.

[quote]Joe Joseph wrote:

Good stuff… you should shave that crap off and step on stage man! I will be when i in the shape you’re in.

Good job.[/quote]

I plan too next year but for now I’m proud of my chest hair… No I get really irritated skin when I shave my legs and chest.

edit
I just trimmed it down with some clippers and left a 1/4" Looks cleaner.

lol! Get the rest waxed off… costs more but is worth it for the look.

Joe

One thing to remember too is 39% of all statistics are simply made up. Keep that in mind when you read that EQ aromatizes at 50% the rate of Test and Nandrolone is only 20% of Test. :wink:
JJ I know you have had positive experiences with Deca before and that’s going to be your truest gauge.

I re-read your OP; I’m kinda wondering now why you just don’t go with another Test Deca run?

It has crossed my mind - but truthfully deca (and i suspect all 19-nors) shut me down for AGES.

I only just now feel like i am recovering from over a year of difficulties.

It just isnt worth it IMO… i also couldnt risk my personality and Tren together, in all seriousness. So i am not missing out there (well i am actually, but…)

You are right with the statistics of course - those are the numbers thrown around, but they are not what most seem to experience. How many get gyn from Eq? Not fucking many! Deca? Some… It is such a personal thing though, AAS use. Because it is driven underground we are essentially guinea pigs ourselves finding out what happens when we go over a certain amount of test with no AI or when we mix Tren and winny… Some is led through science and tons is blindly led by trial and error. (isnt science based on trial and error anyway?!)

Back to the OP… I think i am going to do another Test only run… i dont think i can handle 750mg a week of Test (attitude), but i will do 600mg+proviron, then i think i may do something with Eq; for a “Clean” bulk, not a direct cut but a quality phase as it were.

I do not think i am going to be able to cut with Eq, so i will eat very clean on it to gain but keep BF low.
I should be a comfortable 200lbs after the next cycle going into the Eq use.

Good compromise you think?

Joe

[quote]Joe Joseph wrote:
lol! Get the rest waxed off… costs more but is worth it for the look.

Joe[/quote]

I did that once and I broke out horribly. I’ll just shave it close right before the contest.

ya, waxing doesn’t agree with my chest either. it bled like crazy when she took it off because I have two or three hairs coming out of each spot and then once it was all off it turned into big nasty zits and ingrown hairs. not so sexy. I shave mine now and wax the other stuff (back, shoulders, etc).

as for the eq I liked it a lot but found it jacked up my BP too much at higher doses.

I put a friend of mine on teste/eq/maste at 300/300/300/w (split into M,W,F shots) and it worked out very well. very lean and dry gains. excellent endurance and hunger at that dose from the eq (because he gained about 20lbs his cardio suffered but he found he could lift heavy for 2 hours with no problems because of his recovery). very feel good dose of test to keep energy levels high. masteron gave a really nice hardness and striated look because he was already very lean to start. no need for anything more than a very low anti-e dose because of the low doses and masteron addition.