Test Enanthate vs. Propionate

From what I’ve read the shorter length propionate ester is superior to the Enanthate or Cypionate estered Testosterones in terms of lower incidence of side effects. If anybody here has used both esters please personally compare your experience with them.

Did you notice any unique or staggering differences? Did you not notice much of a difference?

Test is test so the only reason prop is maybe preferable over enanthate is that it is fast acting and clears the system rapidly, so its side effects can be controlled more easily.

There is less “kick” with enanthate, meaning you won’t notice the sudden weight/strength gain that you do with propionate. Cypionate is an intermediate between propionate and enanthate. I’ve heard propionate is more irritating at the injection site, and sometimes leads to flu symptoms in some users, whereas enanthate is virtually pain free to inject, and usually doesn’t cause any flu symptoms.

[quote]benchaffleck wrote:
There is less “kick” with enanthate, meaning you won’t notice the sudden weight/strength gain that you do with propionate. Cypionate is an intermediate between propionate and enanthate. I’ve heard propionate is more irritating at the injection site, and sometimes leads to flu symptoms in some users, whereas enanthate is virtually pain free to inject, and usually doesn’t cause any flu symptoms.[/quote]

Thats right, prop hurts like a bitch enanthate doesent. If you use prop, run the syringe under hot water for a minute. It helps for a smoother injection.

Prop:
Quicker results with gains, libido boost etc…less of a noticeable “kick” than with longer esters (JMHO). Clears quickly. Seemingly less water retention than the longer esters. The injects are not all that bad. Maybe the first 1 or 2 in a site will irritate…after that its easy.

Enan and Cyp:
Basically the same damn thing…similar half lives, similar results. Some guys respond better to one or the other…but they are basically the same. Generally takes a few weeks for gains to start fully kicking in…but the change is very noticeable…like flicking on a lightswitch. A little more water/bloat than with prop…this obviously can be controlled with an AI if so desired.

Test is basically test…choosing between the esters is defined by your cycle goals. Shorter cycles with similar short acting gear (cutters, shorties less than 8-10 weeks, bridges, cruises …whatever) lend themselves to prop…longer cycles (10 weeks plus, traditional “bulkers”, hrt) generally lend themselves to long estered tests.

not hard and fast rules…just basic guidelines.

100 mg of prop contains much more actual testosterone by weight than 100 mg of enanthate. A lot of people forget to take the weight of the esters into account. I’ve run both and prop is definately preferred for many of the reasons the previous posters have already listed. Now suspension vs prop would be interesting to get feedback on.

Thanks for the replies guys! Now I’m wondering, can the longer chained esters effectively be used for cutting? If water bloat is a concern, can’t an AI pretty much completely control that side effect? And I’m sure the shorter ester could be used for longer cycles itself and for bulking (or off season)?

Beyond preference (injection frequency [convenience, comfort issue], price, kicking in quicker etc) aside from those differences… Someone said “test is test” in the end; Although I can understand you could find one more applicable in particular scenarios / any ester could be used interchangeably between different goals like cutting/bulking successfully right?

Oh and what about using both a long and short chain simultaneously? Has anyone staggered something like a 1:2 ratio of short:long ester or maybe 2:3 ratio or something? Unnecessarily complicated? I’ve heard of front loading with a short ester and then switching to a long ester… What do you guys think of these practices? Rather than choosing, combining?

[quote]Lejes wrote:
Oh and what about using both a long and short chain simultaneously? Has anyone staggered something like a 1:2 ratio of short:long ester or maybe 2:3 ratio or something? Unnecessarily complicated? I’ve heard of front loading with a short ester and then switching to a long ester… What do you guys think of these practices? Rather than choosing, combining?[/quote]

geez I guess you havn’t heard of something called sustenon?

[quote]Lejes wrote:
Oh and what about using both a long and short chain simultaneously? Has anyone staggered something like a 1:2 ratio of short:long ester or maybe 2:3 ratio or something? Unnecessarily complicated? I’ve heard of front loading with a short ester and then switching to a long ester… What do you guys think of these practices? Rather than choosing, combining?[/quote]

As mentioned earlier …you have heard of Sustanon …Omandren ???..these are combos of short .medium,and long acting esters . But many use a long acting ester like Enth along with daily or EOD injections of prop or Suspension .

to answer your cutting question one can certainly use Test enth while cutting . the water bloat can be controlled as you said with Arimidex or femera . infact the more pwerfull drugs like Test really help spare muscle during restricted calorie intake better than the mild drugs do .

As for Bulking steroid VS cutting steroids there really is no such thing although it might be easier to keep bloat down with some gear one can take other hings to control that the only real difference between a bulking cycle and a cutting cycle is your DIET .

[quote]Prisoner#22 wrote:

geez I guess you haven’t heard of something called sustenon?[/quote]

Whoops. Of course I have. However I put it in the back of my mind some time ago and apparently forgot all about it! Sorry. If it isn’t widely used, suggested, or talked about; There are so many archaic, abandoned steroids out there I just don’t care to read about them all. Sust isn’t one of them so no excuse for overlooking it.

[quote]GERRY.P.SHARMAN wrote:

to answer your cutting question one can certainly use Test enth while cutting . the water bloat can be controlled as you said with Arimidex or femera . infact the more pwerfull drugs like Test really help spare muscle during restricted calorie intake better than the mild drugs do .

As for Bulking steroid VS cutting steroids there really is no such thing although it might be easier to keep bloat down with some gear one can take other hings to control that the only real difference between a bulking cycle and a cutting cycle is your DIET .

[/quote]

Thanks for the answer! That helps confirm what I was thinking would be the case.