T Nation

Test Enanthate Cycle

Hi everyone. Currently around 216lbs, 6ft 1 and gaining weight consistently. I posted a good while back about my first ever cycle and had settled on test e for my first time. I decided against it at the time to allow for further research. Having spent a bit more time reading and what not I’ve decided on a 10 week course at 500mg a week, I’ll do two 250 pins of course. I’ll run an AI in the form of Arimidex at 0.5mg EOD up until PCT which will start two weeks after the test cycle ends. I’ll be using 20mg of Nolvadex ED for 4 weeks, pinning in glutes and quads with 25g 1.5 needles and drawing with 22g pins. I also plan on running HCG at 250iu 3 times a week. As always, any input on this cycle is most welcome, I think I’ve covered everything.

I’ve read some pretty interesting stuff about people not needing an AI on cycle and not using HCG on a Test only cycle either. Instead it’s been recommended to just run nolva during the cycle and then on PCT also. Any input on this too would be great

I think that is way too much Anastrozole to be honest. I’d do 0.25mg EOD.

Is the HCG on-cycle? HCG is recommended on-cycle at 250IU twice per week, not three times. Also, as a first cycle you only need 250mg test. per week; anastrozole can be 0.25mg twice per week. Get bloods to make sure you don’t reduce Estradiol too much.

I personally recommend Toremifene (Fareston brand name) over Nolvadex. Nolvadex usually kills the libido and reduces IGF-1. But, if you can’t get it, I’d reduce the Nolvadex to 10mg per day.

I would suggest no arimidex at all on that dose of test.

Thanks for your reply physio, I’ve been reading a lot of posts with your comments on. Your professional and person input seems to be greatly respected here so I’m happy you’ve taken the time to give some input on my post!

Thanks for the reply Phoenix!

The HCG would be on cycle yeah, I’ve read some posts on here that don’t recommend any HCG or arimidex at all on test only cycles?
If you think that’s too much arimidex I’ll cut it back to 0.25mg EOD. Just want to make sure I do my first cycle properly

Why don’t you just try a cycle with no arimidex and see how you feel?

No offense, but I respectfully disagree. 250mg or more of Testosterone per week warrants some use of an AI. The goal is to have Estradiol in normal range between 20-30pg/ml. That much will surely bring it well beyond 40pg/ml.

HCG is always recommended on cycle, regardless if using testosterone or another AAS. You will have zero endogenous LH production on cycle and testes will atrophy. The HCG keeps them functioning until you end the cycle. Otherwise, it makes PCT much more difficult. PCT is a SERM; I recommend Toremifene.

We can agree to disagree. I’ve seen this in professional practice time and time again. On steroid cycles that he is discussing you don’t approach estrogen control the same as you do on TRT nor pre contest style cycles. I’ve had patients run up to 500 mg of test a week and their estrogen levels will elevate yes but they feel fabulous and they don’t have negative side effects associated with the estrogen monster so money guys are afraid of. It’s batshit to me. I’m with the serrano and meadows and shadow pro club (just for authors on this site) who advocate tamoxifen only on cycles unless you have a predisposition to gyno which also means you’re probably too fat to cycle anyway.

To be honest, if you’re consistently gaining weight, why do a cycle? Also just curious what’s your age?

ps. I did 500mg/wk for my first cycle with no AI, (stupid? maybe) i didn’t get side effects from the gear, i used a PCT thats it

If their gear is legit, I honestly don’t see how it’s possible to run 500mg of Test. without aromatizing to crazy high E2 levels (Regardless of bf%)

Estrogen control is always important, TRT or cycle. Tamoxifen lowers IGF-1 and really not the best option for use on cycle; An AI is always the best plan if on high dose aromatizing AAS.

Because the damn idea that estrogen needs to stay between 20-30 when your test is massively supraphysiologic is ridiculous. You are suggesting estrogen should be kept at normal levels while the testosterone levels are 2x normal. That makes zero sense and that’s the mistake all of the guys on here make. Which is why TRT estrogen control isn’t relevant to actual steroid cycles. And yes the competitive bodybuilders like meadows and shadow pro who use tamoxifen during cycles always clearly have low IGF. lol.

I’m gonna run it without arimidex and see how I get on. I’ll keep some on hand.

I think I just want to see what progress I can make with a cycle. It’s somrthing I’ve been deliberating over for a while now and I feel now is as good a time as any to give it a go. I’m 26 years old mate. What PCT did you run and did you use HCG? Did you see good results from test? Thanks for your reply

Until I see their bloodwork with sky-high estradiol, I can’t believe they are thriving as you say they are. Again regardless of TRT or cycle, E2 should always be kept in check. Having higher than necessary levels brings side effects; the tamoxifen may mitigate these on cycle, but most men would still have issues with too much estrogen. You are advocating a risky way to run a cycle. It makes more sense to run the cycle properly, rather than haphazardly.

physioLojik
January 1 |

Because the damn idea that estrogen needs to stay between 20-30 when your test is massively supraphysiologic is ridiculous. You are suggesting estrogen should be kept at normal levels while the testosterone levels are 2x normal. That makes zero sense and that’s the mistake all of the guys on here make. Which is why TRT estrogen control isn’t relevant to actual steroid cycles. And yes the competitive bodybuilders like meadows and shadow pro who use tamoxifen during cycles always clearly have low IGF. lol. Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
In Reply To

TRT_Phoenix
January 1 |

If their gear is legit, I honestly don’t see how it’s possible to run 500mg of Test. without aromatizing to crazy high E2 levels (Regardless of bf%) Estrogen control is always important, TRT or cycle. Tamoxifen lowers IGF-1 and really not the best option for use on cycle; An AI is always the best p… Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond. To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Everyone has their view. You are entitled to yours.

I used clomid 50mg/day for 3 weeks, did not use HCG, The results were good for me, basic results from test only cycle… got a lot stronger, felt harder, gained good muscle