Test Enanthate Cycle Help

Hey everybody,

I am 21 years old and play college baseball. I have two years of eligibility left in my collegiate career. I and trying to get to the next level of professional baseball. I have been quite successful at my current size during my career. I am 6’2-3ish and 160lbs. Was about 170 and played a full season and lost 10 lbs.

Now I have a period of about 3 months to train before I go back to my school. I have looked into taking a cycle for a long time and constantly read about it. I just wanted to wait as long as possible because of my age. However I am almost out of time, so this is pushing me to want to cycle before it’s too late.

I have trained hard and smart for a good number of years. I am an ectomorph, obviously from my height and weight. And my metabolism is extremely high. I currently eat around 4,000 calories a day. But I struggle to add weight in short periods of time which I need because of my time constraint.

So I was looking for help. My biggest concern is possible damaged from taking a testosterone enanthate cycle. I was looking into doing a 12 week cycle of test e, 250mg a week. Followed by a pct.

My big questions are the possible permanent or long term damage that could happen from taking it. How likely is it that a cycle like this would damage me permanently.

Also when should I run the hcg if I do decide to take the test e. And what should I use for pct for a cycle like this. Would novadex be sufficient?

Thanks!

Here’s my suggestion… You’re 21, and you’re playing college ball. Stay clean and eat, eat, eat. You will never again have natural test levels as you have now during these young years. I am 6’4 and know the pains of being skinny, especially when I was your age. If 4k calories isn’t working(and is it truly 4k a day?), then add 500 more until the scale starts moving.

Also, 250mg a week is just slightly above a TRT dose. As a cycle it’d be a waste of your time.

This isn’t the response you’re looking for, but it’s the one you should listen to.

I agree with Hulk. I used to be 150lb ecto. I got to 230 naturally at 6’4" (Now im at 240 eating 5kcal per day). Revisit your diet and training

Like stated above, first thing I would do is look at your training and diet. At 6’4 there is no reason that you shouldnt be able to get to 200lbs naturally. Secondly, I do not think it is a smart idea to juice if you are a college athlete. Test E can be detected on a drug test for up to three months after last pin. Also, being huge is not always the best thing, especially in baseball. You dont have to be the biggest guy on the field to be the best on the field. Getting to the next level takes a tremendous amount of dedication and time, and steroids are not an alternative for that. If you feel like you have to take steroids to get to the next level, then you arent cut out for the next level. Guys in the MLB and minor leagues are mentally tough athletes, and naturally gifted when it comes to playing the game.

Baseball is all about being explosive and flexible; gaining too much weight too fast is going to put a lot of extra stress on your joints, and might even slow you down; and it will definitely decrease your range of motion/flexibility. If you want to improve and get to the next level I would focus on compound, explosive exercises; lots of sprints and heavy squats, and focusing on having a strong core.  All your power for hitting and throwing comes from your legs and your core, not from how much juice you pump into your blood stream. Steroids are not the answer for getting to the next level. Only hard work, dedication, and natural talent will get you there. 

You also have to think about the short term and long term side effects of juicing at such a young age. Low libido, low testosterone, hair loss, acne, emotional side effects, are all things that you need to take into consideration when it comes to using steroids. What if you do a cycle, come off, and you dont recover properly? Not only are you going to be in a worse off position than you were before, but you’re going to have to jump right back on to stay at that level that you want to be at, and you cant pass a drug test while you’re on juice. You could wind up permanently damaging your HPTA, which could result in you having low test, and have to jump on TRT for the rest of your life, which is a huge commitment.

I am also 21, and just recently ended a 15 week test e cycle, and I will be totally honest with you it was awesome. But I started losing my hair, and being in the middle of PCT my libido is a little lower than usual (which is not fun when you have a gf to please). I did a cycle for different reasons that yours though, and I can hoenstly say I am glad that I cycled. I felt great while being on; I was more confident, I was doing better in school, and I just felt better. 

If you still decide to cycle after weighing all of your options, the pros and cons, and changing your diet/training, come back on here and we will all help you out. Just really think about what you are doing before you do it.

[quote]CougarPride wrote:
All your power for hitting and throwing comes from your legs and your core, not from how much juice you pump into your blood stream. Steroids are not the answer for getting to the next level. Only hard work, dedication, and natural talent will get you there.

[/quote]

Tell that to Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire, Sammy Sosa, Ryan Braun, A-Rod and Jose Canseco.

That being said, those guys made it to the pros naturally (probably) and then used steroids to take themselves to the top echelon. Take steroids now- maybe you get scouted because of the improvement in your performance. Then when you go off and your performance drops back down, you get cut.

Anybody who knows biomechanics, and baseball for that matter, will tell you that all of your power for hitting comes from your hips and core. If players only swung with their arms the ball wouldnt go very far

I’m not arguing the biomechanics of hitting power; I played high-level club ball from the time I was old enough to pick up a bat, so I understand this as well as anyone.

I’m arguing this- “not from how much juice you pump into your blood stream. Steroids are not the answer for getting to the next level.”

Hitting power is most certainly determined by how much juice you pump into your blood stream. There are many more fans holding home-run souvenir balls thanks to Barry Bonds, et al., doing lots of drugs.

I get the message behind what you were trying to say. “Don’t do drugs, kid. Train harder.” I was just pointing out that false statement re: juice. Though, I also think that you’re in no place to be trying to give him that type of advice, seeing as you are the same age and have already cycled yourself.

Anybody who knows biomechanics, and baseball for that matter, will tell you that all of your power for hitting comes from your hips and core. If players only swung with their arms the ball wouldnt go very far [/quote]

Yes and steroids will increase the strength, force, and rate of recovery of hips, core, legs and arms to the next level increasing the effectiveness of say swinging a bat. Which results in a athlete performing a say the “next level”.

Anybody who knows biomechanics, and baseball for that matter, will tell you that all of your power for hitting comes from your hips and core. If players only swung with their arms the ball wouldnt go very far [/quote]

steroids only affect your arms? I learn something new everyday on these forums!

Seriously though… OP, in my opinion, this is one of a few scenarios where starting steroids at a young age makes sense. If you think you can’t jump to the pro level without them, but you’ve got a chance to make a team with them, then absolutely do it. The risk/reward favors using in this situation. Could you bring up your weight/strength/speed naturally? Of course. But that won’t be the fastest route, and timing is essential at this point, since you’re running out of eligibility. You need to get those looks from scouts ASAP.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

Seriously though… OP, in my opinion, this is one of a few scenarios where starting steroids at a young age makes sense. If you think you can’t jump to the pro level without them, but you’ve got a chance to make a team with them, then absolutely do it. The risk/reward favors using in this situation. Could you bring up your weight/strength/speed naturally? Of course. But that won’t be the fastest route, and timing is essential at this point, since you’re running out of eligibility. You need to get those looks from scouts ASAP.[/quote]

x2