T Nation

Test E Only Cycle - Update

Hi guys,

I about 6 weeks ago made a posted regarding a Test E only cycle @ 500mg/week. I believe I was around 80kg, 11-12% @ 22 years of age when I began! I thought I would keep you all updated on how I am going / a few questions I have regarding my AI.

So I am currently on my 4th week on Primoteston (Test E) and am feeling pretty good, pumps are unreal to be honest and I've put on some good weight (and some fat) and my strengths for particular lifts - especially bench press - have gone through the roof! I expected a little more by now to be honest but I've heard week 5-6 is where it really takes off, and this week has by far been my best week.

I havn't made any crazy noticable gains, although people do say I'm looking bigger and my clothes are definitely getting tighter. Also, no side effects to note so far! Besides I find at times I get a little more emotional than I used to (hormonal imbalance related?) and I'm carrying a little bloat (feeling fat lol). Strange thing for me is no crazy sex drive like I was expecting/ read so much about, well not yet anyway.

I'm training 7 days and taking a day off when I feel I need it. I train twice Tuesday to Thursday and am consuming over 4000 calories (270g protein, 80g fat, 550g carbs) and upping it as need be.

My question! I have yet to begin my AI. I've had pharma anastrozole (arimidex) on hand since I started the cycle, although they are 1mg caps. I've so far had no issues with sensitive nipples or acne so I've held off on the AI for now - considering starting Monday to benefit E2 and deal with some bloating. Would adding this to my regime prove beneficial to my gains and overall look?

At this stage, I'm going to take a 1mg cap twice per week - unless anyone can direct me otherwise. I can easily split the caps into 2 equal serves (so 0.5mg) but prefer not to. I waited this long as I was advised by some users I know that it is unnecessary unless estrogen related sides flare up. I've pretty much beat around the bush here, my overall question is, regardless of estrogenic sides (which so far seem relatively at bay) will I benefit in terms of performance, gains, vascularity, you name it from adding in the arimidex?

Sorry for the long post, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! Loving this cycle so far - thanks guys :slight_smile:

These are the side effects of not using an AI. When blood levels of test start to reach the peak point, they will get worse.

Should have been taking an AI when you started cycle.

You have adex start at 0.5mg eod. None of this 1mg twice a week crap, it won’t keep stable blood levels. Has to be dosed every other day.

No planned rest days?

Most I ever did was train 6 days but on cycle I lift so heavy I just can’t take it. Usually just train 4-5 days a week.

[quote]michaeljohnn wrote:
Strange thing for me is no crazy sex drive like I was expecting/ read so much about, well not yet anyway.
[/quote]

Complete opposite for me. I’m 2 weeks into a test cycle and I’m practically rubbing myself against anyone I meet.

[quote]dt79 wrote:

These are the side effects of not using an AI. When blood levels of test start to reach the peak point, they will get worse.[/quote]

Nobody seems to understand this. It’s like if gyno doesn’t show up, there’s no need for an AI.

.5mg sounds good enough

Nice

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

These are the side effects of not using an AI. When blood levels of test start to reach the peak point, they will get worse.[/quote]

Nobody seems to understand this. It’s like if gyno doesn’t show up, there’s no need for an AI.[/quote]

MAJOR bugbear of mine.

Ended up throwing in 0.5mg of Arimidex EOD just for the record at the beginning of week 5.

Hit week 7 and finally feeling exactly what I expected. Sex drive through the roof, training intensity absolutely crazy and I think I could eat out my entire house. Oh and let’s not forget PB’s pretty much every single session!

Let’s hope this only gets better! And I’m still yet to have any real sides, which is amazing, besides a pimple or two on my body. Smooth sailing, thanks for everyone’s help throughout. I intend on dropping Arimidex to 0.25mg EOD throughout week 12 and dropping it for PCT week 13 (Nolvadex for PCT).

One question, during PCT, I’m thinking of adding DAA to help restore natty test a little quicker. Will this be beneficial at all and if so do I add it during PCT or following? Thanks

There’s some level of debate on DAA in PCT. I would personally be willing to use it, but I don’t think it would make a substantial difference in recovery. There are people that have reported gyno from it though, so be aware of that.

yeah, DAA might help, but i would limit it’s use to a couple weeks. some guys get elevated prolactin from it (although i think those guys are running it for several months).

“D-Aspartic Acid causes increases in testosterone synthesis via upregulation of the mRNA that produces a compound called StAR (Stimulating steroidogonic Acute Regulatory Protein) which regulates androgen synthesis in the Leydig cells. The secretion of hypothalamic LH (from the neurally active excess of NMDA) also induces testosterone synthesis in the leydig cells and may be mechanism by which D-Aspartic Acid influences testosterone synthesis.”