T Nation

Test E and Smolov

Anyone try this? The week my test should start kicking in, is the same week my mesocycle starts.

Did a frontload of 500mgx2 first week, 250x2 every week after
Starting first week on microcycle, and then heading into mesocycle.

I was thinking of splitting something like

mon legs shoulders
tue back traps
wed legs
thur bench arms
fri legs traps
sat legs
sun arms

for the mesocycle

Upper back work only
Arms days will be split between heavy/light, light being on bench day
Traps switched around between explosive heavy power shrugs and controlled light(er) shrugs.

Calorie intake isn’t a worry, got half a cow in the freezer, stocked up 20 lbs of tilapia, 20 lbs of protein powder as well.

nolva and aromasin are on hand, But im taking 12.5mg of aromasin per day,

Anyone with experience on smolov got any advice?

DOOD YOU ARE KILLING YOUR LEGS!!!

TWICE A WEEK BRO YOU WILL BUILD TONS OF SCAR TISSUE WITH THAT WORK OUT

With the caps, I’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic, if you’re an idiot, or if you are genuinely concerned for me.

In other news

I did the first workout today, legs first then shoulders. The leg workout was done in half an hour or so, and I finished shoulders pretty quickly as well. Whole thing took a bit more than an hour.

Edit. 3rd injection today, no pain at all. I still have to man up for a couple minutes before the injection.

He is a complete dumb ass troll. No one can determine what he commented on unless he saw your leg workout set, reps, lifts, intensity etc.

let haters hate and trolls troll… we just got to keep doing what those pussies can’t!

Working your legs four days a week is rediculous!!!

And retail “boy” you have a slick mouth but if that’s you really man you are a boy who could’nt hold my jock!

On a real even if you are on aas thats still way to much bro.

If you were on slin and recovering evey other daY then yes i could some what understand your work out.

But really twice a week tops if only on aas it takes your muscles 24-36 hours to recover.

So i still hold to what i have told you and yes i was being sincere.

It just kinda shocked me bro. that you were killing your legs like that.

What are your work outs consisting of reps and what not .

THE JUDGE

[quote]retailboy wrote:
He is a complete dumb ass troll. No one can determine what he commented on unless he saw your leg workout set, reps, lifts, intensity etc.

let haters hate and trolls troll… we just got to keep doing what those pussies can’t![/quote]

I think he has split personality. His posts are all over the place, as far as content goes. Weird stuff…

[quote]judgeroybean wrote:
Working your legs four days a week is rediculous!!!

And retail “boy” you have a slick mouth but if that’s you really man you are a boy who could’nt hold my jock!

On a real even if you are on aas thats still way to much bro.

If you were on slin and recovering evey other daY then yes i could some what understand your work out.

But really twice a week tops if only on aas it takes your muscles 24-36 hours to recover.

So i still hold to what i have told you and yes i was being sincere.

It just kinda shocked me bro. that you were killing your legs like that.

What are your work outs consisting of reps and what not .

THE JUDGE[/quote]

Base mesocycle goes something like

day sets X reps X %ofmax
mon 4x9x70%
wed 5x7x75%
fri 7x5x80%
sat 10x3x85%
for the first week

For the second week 10 LBS is added on top of everything done int he first week.

for the third week 5LBS is added on top of the second week.

I might have to edit the added weights just because I also have muscle memory for the first 60 lbs. I was thinking of editing it as a percentage. Something like, week 2 increase by 10%, week 3 increase by 5%. I’ll see how i respond though.

Second Day of intro cycle, My squats were really explosive.

Got comments on some bloat in the face, but I look slightly leaner in body, possibly from the AI.

[quote]judgeroybean wrote:
Working your legs four days a week is rediculous!!!

And retail “boy” you have a slick mouth but if that’s you really man you are a boy who could’nt hold my jock!

On a real even if you are on aas thats still way to much bro.

If you were on slin and recovering evey other daY then yes i could some what understand your work out.

But really twice a week tops if only on aas it takes your muscles 24-36 hours to recover.

So i still hold to what i have told you and yes i was being sincere.

It just kinda shocked me bro. that you were killing your legs like that.

What are your work outs consisting of reps and what not .

THE JUDGE[/quote]

Day 1 Legs:
Sitting calve raises 2x8
Lying Leg Curl (hitting hamstrings) 2x8

Day 2 Legs:
Squats (hitting quads) 2x8
Standing calves 2x8

There are more than one muscle in the legs, and isolating them with low reps/set - can allow you to train your ‘legs’ more often.

enuf said.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
retailboy wrote:
He is a complete dumb ass troll. No one can determine what he commented on unless he saw your leg workout set, reps, lifts, intensity etc.

let haters hate and trolls troll… we just got to keep doing what those pussies can’t!

I think he has split personality. His posts are all over the place, as far as content goes. Weird stuff… [/quote]

Agreed, I try to ignore guys like that. It’s like they get their giggles from spraying shit on the web with absolutely no substance.

[quote]MikiB wrote:
judgeroybean wrote:
Working your legs four days a week is rediculous!!!

And retail “boy” you have a slick mouth but if that’s you really man you are a boy who could’nt hold my jock!

On a real even if you are on aas thats still way to much bro.

If you were on slin and recovering evey other daY then yes i could some what understand your work out.

But really twice a week tops if only on aas it takes your muscles 24-36 hours to recover.

So i still hold to what i have told you and yes i was being sincere.

It just kinda shocked me bro. that you were killing your legs like that.

What are your work outs consisting of reps and what not .

THE JUDGE

Base mesocycle goes something like

day sets X reps X %ofmax
mon 4x9x70%
wed 5x7x75%
fri 7x5x80%
sat 10x3x85%
for the first week

For the second week 10 LBS is added on top of everything done int he first week.

for the third week 5LBS is added on top of the second week.

I might have to edit the added weights just because I also have muscle memory for the first 60 lbs. I was thinking of editing it as a percentage. Something like, week 2 increase by 10%, week 3 increase by 5%. I’ll see how i respond though.

Second Day of intro cycle, My squats were really explosive.

Got comments on some bloat in the face, but I look slightly leaner in body, possibly from the AI.

[/quote]

I’m not familiar with this type of training - it seems too much % to me. But it all comes down to has it worked for you before? If yes then go ahead - training on is training off (generally). If you are just trying this for the first time, my advice would be this: never start a new routine when you start a cycle, or in the middle. You need to know all the variables and be in the groove with your workout… sure you can change up a movement or two or set/reps here and there - but not a whole new philosophy.

You need to get used to a program before you start cycle is all I’m saying. That is IF you’ve never done this before. And I know it’s too late but, me and many others here aren’t keen on the front load… but if it really works for you then to each their own.

-RB

[quote]retailboy wrote:
MikiB wrote:
judgeroybean wrote:
Working your legs four days a week is rediculous!!!

And retail “boy” you have a slick mouth but if that’s you really man you are a boy who could’nt hold my jock!

On a real even if you are on aas thats still way to much bro.

If you were on slin and recovering evey other daY then yes i could some what understand your work out.

But really twice a week tops if only on aas it takes your muscles 24-36 hours to recover.

So i still hold to what i have told you and yes i was being sincere.

It just kinda shocked me bro. that you were killing your legs like that.

What are your work outs consisting of reps and what not .

THE JUDGE

Base mesocycle goes something like

day sets X reps X %ofmax
mon 4x9x70%
wed 5x7x75%
fri 7x5x80%
sat 10x3x85%
for the first week

For the second week 10 LBS is added on top of everything done int he first week.

for the third week 5LBS is added on top of the second week.

I might have to edit the added weights just because I also have muscle memory for the first 60 lbs. I was thinking of editing it as a percentage. Something like, week 2 increase by 10%, week 3 increase by 5%. I’ll see how i respond though.

Second Day of intro cycle, My squats were really explosive.

Got comments on some bloat in the face, but I look slightly leaner in body, possibly from the AI.

I’m not familiar with this type of training - it seems too much % to me. But it all comes down to has it worked for you before? If yes then go ahead - training on is training off (generally). If you are just trying this for the first time, my advice would be this: never start a new routine when you start a cycle, or in the middle. You need to know all the variables and be in the groove with your workout… sure you can change up a movement or two or set/reps here and there - but not a whole new philosophy.

You need to get used to a program before you start cycle is all I’m saying. That is IF you’ve never done this before. And I know it’s too late but, me and many others aren’t keen on the front load… but if it really works for you then to each their own.

-RB[/quote]

I’ve never done 4 days a week for squats, but I have trained legs e3d with a lot more volume. Actually my leg training consisted of 3-4 sets of the heaviest stuff i could do for 3-4 reps, then I would lower the weight and do 15 reps for 3-4 sets. I just wanted something proven and more…organized.

The primary goal is adding a lot of weight to my squat, huge legs would be cool too.
I’m not sure how I feel about the front load myself, I didn’t want to add an oral because it was my first time, it was out of stock, and local guys sold for 3 times the price I could get it online.

I then wanted to order prop and do something like, 25/75 50/50 75/25 for the first few weeks with prop and test E, I changed my mind at the last second and got more test E instead. Didn’t want to over complicate anything. I’m sort of glad I didn’t order prop, too much stabbing. I had extra test E so I just front loaded, I read all the threads and saw both arguments, in the end I just said fuck it.

Any suggestions on back training? I can’t really stress the lower back too much because of the squats, so no bent over rows or deads, which are a staple. Today I just did pull downs, cable rows and shrugs. I guess I can do dumb bell rows, and the chest supported rows.

-Nothing wrong with Test-e. Depends on what you like.

-The front load won’t kill you or anything, just doesn’t do what those that support it says it does. So not really big deal.

-Chest support rows are great, it depends what your going for width or thickness. All lifts you mentioned are for thickness (except pull downs, cable rows), if done in normal form - so guess your looking for chest thickness that won’t hurt your back. SO yea chest supported rows, and if your gym has hammer strength row try that. Also different grip distances on pull downs and cable rows will give you thickness.

Miki,
Smolov was designed for guys who were using AAS, and squatting almost everyday is part of it (not that you couldn’t do it naturally, but it’d be very, very hard on you). Olympic lifters squat several sessions everyday, 7 days a week, and their legs are fucking amazing!

If you have any questions regarding Smolov, maybe ask some of the guys in the strength sports forum. I don’t know him, but Hanley knows his stuff, and I always learn something new whenever he posts.

JR

Well my friend i’ll just give you my “suggestion”

I still think your over training the legs from what i have read.

I my self go heavy 5-6 reps 12-sets twice a week 4-sets of squats leg extensions 4 hack-squats.

I’ll do this for 8 weeks then switch it up a muscle will adapt to just about what ever you throw at it in 4-8 weeks so i’ll switch it up.

You asked about back i’ll do lat pukll down wide grip for thicknes heavy for 6-8 reps same t-bar rows then seated rows same reps twice a week.

Vary your grips to hit lower upper lats and blah blah.

And i yes switch to ten reps after 8-weeks thats just me.

So any who it’s what works for you even off juice i go every thing twice a week some can’t and go once.

Retail i’ll be a gentle man with this but all in all i was trying to help the young man and not hinder him.

Just sorry we didn’t see eye to eye on this one.

And yes enough said on this one

MIKIB GOOD LUCK,
THE JUDGE

On the legs i forgot ham strings any who it’s to early i’m off for coffee.

JUDGE

[quote]judgeroybean wrote:
Well my friend i’ll just give you my “suggestion”

I still think your over training the legs from what i have read.

I my self go heavy 5-6 reps 12-sets twice a week 4-sets of squats leg extensions 4 hack-squats.

I’ll do this for 8 weeks then switch it up a muscle will adapt to just about what ever you throw at it in 4-8 weeks so i’ll switch it up.

You asked about back i’ll do lat pukll down wide grip for thicknes heavy for 6-8 reps same t-bar rows then seated rows same reps twice a week.

Vary your grips to hit lower upper lats and blah blah.

And i yes switch to ten reps after 8-weeks thats just me.

So any who it’s what works for you even off juice i go every thing twice a week some can’t and go once.

Retail i’ll be a gentle man with this but all in all i was trying to help the young man and not hinder him.

Just sorry we didn’t see eye to eye on this one.

And yes enough said on this one

MIKIB GOOD LUCK,
THE JUDGE

[/quote]

No I think we do see eye to eye bro, as long as you think doing sets of hamstring work one day and 2 sets of quad work the next is ok. Which I think you do. I was just a little blown away by "DOOD YOU ARE KILLING YOUR LEGS!!!

TWICE A WEEK BRO YOU WILL BUILD TONS OF SCAR TISSUE WITH THAT WORK OUT "

When what I did mentioned above, with the information he presented, could of been the parameters of his leg day workouts.

PS: I hit legs twice a week, kinda like I outlined above but one set per muscle group. Tons of successful people train like this.

But no we are cool, it’s just the all caps, blanketed statement/s you make sometimes it kinda gets me :\

Damn i just re read it i didn’t realize i wrote twice a week on the scar tissue tip.

I mean’t to write four.

Any who,

I’ll hollar at you retail but i see your point i thought i wrote four times a week not two my bad.

THE BEAN

So back work will consist mostly of pull downs, cable rows, chest supported rows, and shrugs. I’d love to do t-bar rows, but will have to see how the back handles the squatting.

Anyways, third intro day to Smolov is finished and I passed my finance mid-term. Good day overall.

Actually I couldn’t believe how explosive my 90% lift was. The whole thing took half an hour, would have taken less except I’m a pussy and have to look for a spot for the 85% and 90% lifts.

I did ab work after the workout, chatted to this chick that looked confused in the gym. I didn’t ask for a phone number, I’m regretting this.

errr. and I did some snatches with the bar. Mostly focusing a stretch at the bottom, and keeping a tight overhead squat.

Also, I worked out a little earlier, and so after PWO shake I had 2 hours before class,and a mid-term lasting 2 hours. Not eating for 4 hours was unacceptable so I bought pizza before class. It was meatlovers.

Also, I’m playing warhammer online right now, anyone else?

4x5 70%
3x 75%
2x2 80%
1x 90%

Dear Diary.

Today I managed to hit a vein, I think. I aspirated as normal, just got air bubbles. Upon taking out the needle lots of blood poured out for 5 seconds, then it just stopped.

If I do not make another post, its probably because I’m dead.

joking aside, I’m fine. I think I went though a blood vessel. The bleeding stopped immediately. Got a bit scared because it was so much blood

Happens all the time… mine usually shoot up like a volcano going 3-4 feet across the room. Fun stuff.