T Nation

Test E and Blood Pressure

I am 43, in good shape, low body fat and I’ve always had blood pressure in the 120/78 range. Been in 500mg per week of Test E (Balkin Pharm) for about 6 weeks now and have had my BP checked several times in the last two weeks and it is now sky high in the 150/85 range.

Does the Test E tend to do this? I am rather concerned. I guess I will back off the dosage and re-check several time over a few weeks time. Others experienced this?

[quote]TrueDude1965 wrote:
I am 43, in good shape, low body fat and I’ve always had blood pressure in the 120/78 range. Been in 500mg per week of Test E (Balkin Pharm) for about 6 weeks now and have had my BP checked several times in the last two weeks and it is now sky high in the 150/85 range.

Does the Test E tend to do this? I am rather concerned. I guess I will back off the dosage and re-check several time over a few weeks time. Others experienced this?[/quote]

I haven’t checked my blood pressure, but I do get flushed (red faced) after eating while cycling test e (also dBol). That may be a symptom of elevated BP??

Yes! Test E can cause an increase in BP as with some other drugs as well! BP was a big concern for me on my first cycle too because mine has always been slightly above normal.

Watch your salt intake and drink lots of water! Also, take fish oil if you arent already doing so. Taking apple cider vinegar daily also helped me. I was able to maintain a fairly healthy BP throughout my cycle.

Jazz

Are you testing it yourself or is a doc doing it? I tested mine a few weeks back with my buddy’s electronic one and hit 161. I tested it today with my dad’s electronic one and was in the 180s. Tested again and it was in 120s. I don’t trust those electronic ones.

I also hear if you have a big arm the doc needs to use a larger cuff or the readings come out high.

Thanks for the advice, my father takes apple cider vinigar for his BP, I will try it too. I tested my BP a few times using the automatic ones at a Rite Aid store and yesterday at a health fair by a nurse using a commercial grade electronic unit. She checked it twice to be sure it was high, first time it was 160+ and the second time 150+, bottom number was in the mid 80’s each time. My arms are not that big BTW. Thanks all.

How much apple cider vinegar a day must you consume i all ready do the fish oil buuut mine is high from heredity.

THE JUDGE

Mine is a little above normal from heredity too so I know what you mean!

I would suggest about 3 tablespoons a day. You can also choose to eat it with foods like salads. Its actually really good!

Jazz

Is anybody going to mention the elevated RBC’s some guys get from Testosterone shots? Or, did I miss something?
If I don’t give a pint every other month, my BP starts climbing up, right along with my Hemocrit and RBC count.
You might be one of us that make “too many” red blood cells for our own good. I can go to my doctors office and “donate” 1/2 pint every month to keep my BP in check. I also go to the local “blood drives” and donate whenever possible too.
If you can get b/w done, it would worth the time to know if elevated BP is goinf to be a long term issue for you.

I had full blood work done about 5 months ago before I started taking Test E shots at the 500mg/week dosage I mentioned. My RBC was low as was my natural level of T, part of the reason I started myself on T shots.

[quote]Jazz_Man1898 wrote:
I would suggest about 3 tablespoons a day. You can also choose to eat it with foods like salads. Its actually really good!

Jazz [/quote]

Does eating the vinegar burn your esophagus? I read you should dilute it in a glass of water because of that.

Went to the doc today and my bp was 130. I forgot the second number. My pulse was extremely high too, but the nurse was cute.

I’ll start taking the vinegar tomorrow and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip on that.

Could also try hawthorneberry its effective in a very high percentage of the population.

It is quite possible, and likely, that the test has increased your BP. Its a pretty common side effect. Oedema, increased haematocrit, sodium retention etc can all increase your BP. Likely, once you have ended your cycle, you will find that your BP reduces back to normal.

A nice, natural, method to reduce BP is Taurine. Try taking 2 - 4g when needed. Along with many additional heart healthy benefits, you will find that your BP will reduce nicely.

[quote]Shadow Hunter36 wrote:
Jazz_Man1898 wrote:

Jazz

Does eating the vinegar burn your esophagus? I read you should dilute it in a glass of water because of that.

Went to the doc today and my bp was 130. I forgot the second number. My pulse was extremely high too, but the nurse was cute.

I’ll start taking the vinegar tomorrow and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip on that.[/quote]

Ive heard this argument as well and In my experience I have not found it to be true. However, diluting it with a little water wont hurt. If you take it straight, you will most likely have to drink some water right after swallowing it anyway.