T Nation

Test E Affects Sleep Quality

I noticed during my last cycle that I had a much harder time getting a good night's sleep on 700mg/w test e. I fall asleep alright, but tend to wake up frequently and have difficulty getting back to sleep. Several weeks after cycle when T level is back to baseline, sleep patterns return to normal.

I am starting another test e cycle at similar dosing and would like to nip this in the bud. I frontloaded 700+mg yesterday and already I had a poor night's sleep. Of course it didn't help that I did this 15 minutes before retiring.

I'd love to hear any tips you use to remedy that problem.

Tren is worse IME

I'm sure it is. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. In the meantime any good remedies?

Personally, I drank a couple glasses of wine. Good for the heart I figured and it put me down like roadkill.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Thanks BBB. I've tried melatonin in the past and I found it didn't agree well with me. I didn't feel rested in the morning.

Wikipedia has difficulty sleeping as a side effect for selegilene??

"Side effects

Due to the primary metabolites of L-amphetamine and L-methamphetamine, Selegiline shares many side effects seen with these sympathomimetic stimulants. Minor side effects such as dizziness, dry mouth, difficulty falling or staying asleep, muscle pain, rash, nausea and constipation have been seen. More serious side effects such as severe headache, tachycardia, arrhythmia, hallucinations, chorea, or difficulty breathing should be investigated by health professionals immediately."

I am noticing this on my cycle as well. I bought some z-12 or whatever bullshit from T-Nation. So far not worth it IMO, although I haven't tried the full 3 caps yet only 1 and 2.

On a side note the combo of ZMA with high levels of androgens has sure lead to some crazy ass dreams.

If your doc is a good doc he should easily give you some ambien which works pretty well for me.

For me, 1500mg GABA plus 3mg melatonin knocks me out all night. I do feel groggy in the morning, however, which is annoying. Typically, though, the only time I have trouble sleeping is on tren, and even tren is not that bad for me.

Waking up on a completely numb arm gets annoying after a while, though.

Oops, looks like our posts "crossed-swords." Didn't know melatonin didn't agree with you.

FWIW, I have a hard time going to sleep anytime before 1 or 2am- im just a night person. i bought some sleep aid caps from True Protein because im giving up my nightly few brews while on..i start on them Sunday, so i have no idea if they work, but here are the ingredients..a buddy called this ' Coma in a Bottle..'

GABA, Melatonin, 5HTP, Chamomile Powder Extract, Valarian Root Powder Extract 0.8%, Free-Form L-Tryptophan.

xanax or valium is great for killing restlessness and inability to sleep although they have to be used in moderation because they can be addictive if taken too often

Wow.. poor bastards.

I can be on a gram of test, 500mg of tren, 500mg of mast and 300mg of dbol and STILL be out like a light within 5 mins of my head hitting the pillow.. usually between 10pm and 11pm - rise at 8am regulalrly.

Guess i am lucky..

Thanks BenceJones, Cortes, ironmike.

Antlee - that is quite a concoction. Love the name...

Rub it in why don't you :wink:

im finding the same thing.. wake up at 4-5am every morning, started a couple days ago. 2 weeks since i started injecting 500mg p/w test e.

I'm actually sleeping better on a different brand of test e. Who knows what elements affect quality of sleep?

How sure are you that your Test E IS just Test E - or how sure are you of it's concentration?

The point is, it is (worryingly) more likely to be one of those factors rather than the 'brand'.

right now I am on 1gm test Enth a week and 1mg adex ed

no sleep problems at all

Im on test cyp and nan/deca and this is the cocktail that works for me
20-25 mg Melatonin ( you can try with out this but this is what works for me)
300 tryptophan
L Tyrosine thrown in for the hell of it..

Good luck...

x

WOW Brook did I read that right...300 mgs Dbol...is that in one day??If so did you find that high doses like that justified the toxicity

Mike