T Nation

Test, Dyspnea and Hypertension

I am currently in the taper phase of my first test e cycle (500mg/week) and have recently noticed some shortness of breath. I took my BP this morning and it is 150/100. (normal for me is 120/80ish) I have been feeling for a while that the BP has been elevated, but just got around to checking it. My weight is up about 15 pounds from beginning of cycle. I’ve been doing cardio, both steady state and short intense bouts of around 20 minutes.

Now, I really don’t think that it’s the test, but I wanted some opinions. Especially from BBB. I planned my cycle with the help of an experienced T-Nation member. He has advised me throughout the entire cycle, but is temporarily unavailable, so I thought that I would post on the msg board.

Other factors to consider:

I have recently begun to take HOT-ROX. I’ve taken it before, but other than some jitters and sweating, I don’t recall feeling this way.

For the duration of the cycle, I have been eating between 4 and 8 whole eggs/day, as well as ALOT of meat. Steak, bacon, pork, chicken, you name it.

I’m 38 years old, and heart disease runs in my family…but the last time I had my BP checked, it was normal to low. I am a distance, multi-sport athlete, but took this year off from training and racing. I am currently at about 220 lbs at 6’, which is the heaviest I’ve ever been. But my body fat is down from pre-cycle.

So, any ideas? A combination of factors?

I refuse to accept that it’s just age and or genetic. I mean, the men in my family drop over of heart attacks in their sixties, but not one of them ever exercised in their adult lives, or ate a decent diet.

Sorry this is such a long post, but I’ve been in “perfect” health up until recently.

Thanks for any advice.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Wish I could say that I’ve paid alot of attention to whether the dyspnea started with the HRX, but honestly, I haven’t. I just started taking it again within the last 2-3 weeks. I haven’t been taking it every day, because I sweat so much when I take it. (just one tablet daily, BTW)

And yes, I did take it (HRX) this morning. I’m going to check the BP again, before I leave work today, but honestly, I feel somewhat better this afternoon.

I’m currently at 100mg/wk of test, and didn’t notice any of these problems during the cycle, so I honestly didn’t think that I could attribute the BP to that.

Thanks for the reply.

Oh, took the HRX at 8am, started noticing symptoms about 10am, maybe earlier.

Thanks.

Entirely. I just panicked a bit, given that normally my BP is well within the normal range…and I couldn’t seem to get a deep breath.

I prefer ECA anyway. Just haven’t been able to get it for a number of years now.

Need some HRX?

BTW, you ARE continuing with your education, aren’t you?

Thanks for your help. I’ll keep you posted.

As always, you have the best wishes of the entire forum.

With your knowledge, there are alot of different directions that you can take, once you get that degree. Assuming of course that the licensing and practice scope laws are similar to what they are here.

Good luck my friend.

Best wishes and Luck from Manchester BBB.

I was not happy to hear of your suspension - although not entirely surprised at the time (sadly).
I do worry about the outcome - as in things of this matter the law and how things look weigh greatly in a decision - rather than simply one’s competence in a field.

I will PM you.