T Nation

Test/Deca Ratio: Why 5/3?

I’m just curious to why is it important to used this ration of test to deca?

I know that deca supreses test very well and can cause libido isues but can’t you be covered with just 250mg or 350mg?
what’s the science or reasoning behind this?

It is not set in stone by any means, but as you mentioned 19 nors are s.o.bs to recover from and also heighten the aforementioned libido issues, 10 years of cycling test and deca has led me down the road that the 5:3 ratio keeps things in check nicely while allowing all the benfits of a 19nor compound.

Test

But what about the fact that nandrolone lasts significantly longer than test, causing supression months and months later in some cases.

The idea that if you take a test with a nandrolone then all will be ok is flawed. The test removes any noticeable libido issues caused by the deca when on, but the deca still shuts you down, and just as hard and for just as long.

The test doesnt stop this, just makes it less noticeable as it acts as TRT.

Deca is detected upto 18 months later, it re-esterifies easily in the adipose tissue, with enough re-esterifying 1-3months after the last injection to still cause problems, how does the test you stopped injecting on
cycle help this? It doesnt.

I think most of the hardcore AAS users here are “on” 90% of the time, or simply do not recover at all during the “off” cycles.

Do not get me wrong, i am in the same boat, and i am looking at having to implement some kind of TRT in the immediate future.

It is just the lack of honest information that annoys me, as we have newbs that come into this, thinking all is great, when alot of us need to be on year round due to our use of these drugs (others not because of drugs mind you).

I am judging no-one, just trying to push for a little more openness here. it would have helped me in the past, and may help some in the future.

I may have made the same decisions, and i live with the cards i have been dealt. I love my life, but i am a strong proponent of honesty and openness…

Joe

OK So it’s mostly a recovery and libido thing…
I was curious because test over 200mg inhibits colagen synthesis by about 50% TO 80% (aka the joints of a 70 year old man) and deca promots colagen synthesis by about 150%,

I would like to know if on the 5/3 ration you still get the benefits of deca on the joint or does deca simply cancels out effect of the test?

5/3 is always the ratio I used. I don’t have 10 years like testanabol but 3 cycles is something to learn from. The first two were exactly 500/300. The third was 750/450 which is still a 5/3 ratio. That third one hit me a bit hard by the end. After two months I was shut down despite the 750 of test. Now to be fair and not blame it all on deca I was concurrently on a anti-depressant which is renowned for sexual sides as well. I would be interested maybe to give Deca one more go now that I’m off the Lexapro. I was on 50mg of proviron too. These days I don’t mind seeing guys even take that ratio to 2-1 test-deca. For my upcoming tren test run I promise you I will have double the test as tren

If i were to run a 12 week cycle, i would run the test for 12 weeks, deca for 10 as you stated JJ.

I have never suffered any repercussions doing things this way and back then we never had the test taper, though i had experimented with pyramiding doses whilst running serms as pct.

As you have mentioned, re-esterfying in adipose tissue, perhaps one of the reasons i have always walked away from 19 nor compounds cleanly, is that i have rarely gone past 10% bodyfat? maybe, maybe not.

As far as being on 90% of the time goes, although in the last 6 months this has been the case, i always stuck to 2 cycles a year, occasionally 3, at least one a year including deca most of the time.

As always though, individual reactions differentiate and what holds true for me may be complete bullshit for the next guy.

I will also note that my TRT was started for reasons that have nothing to do with being shut down, or lack of natural production as i have always been careful and made full recoverys from cycles.

Im sorry if this post sounds like im attacking yours, im not, just trying to type whilst making up some dianabol hehe.

I get your drift with the open and honest though and i think most of the regular posters here and especially the Vets are.

The whole point of the ratio is to offset the prolactin increase from the Deca. Testosterone isn’t the greatest at suppressing prolactin especially if estrogen isn’t kept under control.

Many guys will use HRT test dosages of 100-200mg per week then add Cabergoline to reduce prolactin. This way you don’t have to worry about the ratios and it gives you a bit more flexibility in designing your cycles depending on your specific needs.

[quote]Dopamineloveaffa wrote:
The whole point of the ratio is to offset the prolactin increase from the Deca. Testosterone isn’t the greatest at suppressing prolactin especially if estrogen isn’t kept under control.

Many guys will use HRT test dosages of 100-200mg per week then add Cabergoline to reduce prolactin. This way you don’t have to worry about the ratios and it gives you a bit more flexibility in designing your cycles depending on your specific needs.[/quote]

thanks, that’s kinda what I had in mind when I made this thread, cause if you have carbergoline why worry about the ration as long as you have enough test to keep the wood going and run it a lil longer than the deca for recovery then everything should be ok.