Test Cypionate vs Enanthate

Can anyone tell me the difference between these two and is it good to have a compound mixture of the two.

[quote]dant52 wrote:
Can anyone tell me the difference between these two and is it good to have a compound mixture of the two.[/quote]

Same hormone, SLIGHTLY different ester. Cypionate has an extra carbon atom and a tad slower. I see no reason for a blend of the two

All testosterone esters are time release delivery methods. At the product is absorbed, the ester groups are remove and the result is bio-identical testosterone. You need to inject at least twice a week to get acceptably smooth T levels.

[quote]KSman wrote:
All testosterone esters are time release delivery methods. At the product is absorbed, the ester groups are remove and the result is bio-identical testosterone. You need to inject at least twice a week to get acceptably smooth T levels.[/quote]

The reason why I ask is because my doctor is having me inject a mixture of the two (haven’t yet). I take .5 ml every three days he wants me to go to every four days with the mixture. He feels it will be more evenly distrubuted. He is a pretty smart guy and is the head of Men’s Health at the hospital wherwe he works. My blood test all came back fine this passed week and he has set up another round of blood test in four weeks to see what the final result are. He also said that the doctor I was seeing before is supposed to prescribe the testosterone as a mixture of the two and supposedly what he is doing is illegal.
Dant52

That sounds bogus.
Where are you located?

[quote]KSman wrote:
That sounds bogus.
Where are you located?[/quote]
Rhode island.
I’m not worried about the legality of it because I can get the testosterone cypionate if I need it from this same doctor. And I should ask more questions but he seems to think it would be better mixing the two.

[quote]dant52 wrote:

[quote]KSman wrote:
That sounds bogus.
Where are you located?[/quote]
Rhode island.
I’m not worried about the legality of it because I can get the testosterone cypionate if I need it from this same doctor. And I should ask more questions but he seems to think it would be better mixing the two.
[/quote]

I’m also in RI.
Is this at Miriam? I just started going there.

Mixes of faster and slower esters are sometimes used (see Sustanon) but cypionate and enanthate are pretty much equally slow, so it doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense to mix them.

If you inject twice a week or EOD, levels are then very steady and eth/cyp are interchangeable. Cyp seems to be the standard form in the USA and probably least cost.

[quote]KSman wrote:
If you inject twice a week or EOD, levels are then very steady and eth/cyp are interchangeable. Cyp seems to be the standard form in the USA and probably least cost.[/quote]
I give myself .5ml every three days of the cyp. His reasoning was that according to him the enanthate last longer so he wants me to take my shots every 4 days (.5ml) figuring whatever lose you get from the cyp. you can’t from the enanthate.
He is the doctor and he is the head of Men’s Health at Miriam Hospital so I am hoping he knows what he is talking about. But what worries me is the cost.

[quote]dant52 wrote:

[quote]KSman wrote:
If you inject twice a week or EOD, levels are then very steady and eth/cyp are interchangeable. Cyp seems to be the standard form in the USA and probably least cost.[/quote]
I give myself .5ml every three days of the cyp. His reasoning was that according to him the enanthate last longer so he wants me to take my shots every 4 days (.5ml) figuring whatever lose you get from the cyp. you can get from the enanthate.
He is the doctor and he is the head of Men’s Health at Miriam Hospital so I am hoping he knows what he is talking about. But what worries me is the cost.
[/quote]

[quote]dant52 wrote:

[quote]KSman wrote:
I give myself .5ml every three days of the cyp. His reasoning was that according to him the enanthate last longer so he wants me to take my shots every 4 days (.5ml) figuring whatever lose you get from the cyp. you can’t from the enanthate.
[/quote]
thats suppose to say “you can get from the enanthate”.

Its a tempest in a tea pot.

[quote]dant52 wrote: He is the doctor and he is the head of Men’s Health at Miriam Hospital so I am hoping he knows what he is talking about. But what worries me is the cost.
[/quote]

Cypionate isn’t expensive, and insurance will often cover it anyway. Are you
referring to the cost of enanthate?

[quote]seekonk wrote:

[quote]dant52 wrote: He is the doctor and he is the head of Men’s Health at Miriam Hospital so I am hoping he knows what he is talking about. But what worries me is the cost.
[/quote]

Cypionate isn’t expensive, and insurance will often cover it anyway. Are you
referring to the cost of enanthate?
[/quote]
Yes I hear it’s more expensive