T Nation

Test Cyp Sub Q Injections

I did a search and found nothing...

I want to start subq Tcyp. I currently do 100mg/week. .5ml 2x week.

I would like to keep it at 2 injections a week...unless 3/week is better.
I have the insulin syringes that KSman suggested. Is 25iu's the correct dosage? I didn't see it in the sticky.

If this has been discussed I apologize. I have a 2000mg/10ml vial(watson)

that is correct.

just making sure…i’m an idiot.
thanks…looking forward to the subq way…hopefully it works out

Do not state T dose in anything other than mg’s.

43-44mg/week E3D…that’s what I plan on.

I will say the T looked different when it was drawn into the 1/2cc insulin syringe…it was clearer, at least it seemed to be

with the sub q injections a lot of the injection will be wasted due to it not being deep enough into your muscle where it can stay and release its esters according … you will sweat a lot of it out and will not be properly absorbed … while you will get some benefit it will not be maximal and come on man up … 1 1/2" g23 isn’t that bad … look away and have a close woman friend (wife, girl, mom lol) do it

[quote]sully169 wrote:
with the sub q injections a lot of the injection will be wasted due to it not being deep enough into your muscle where it can stay and release its esters according … you will sweat a lot of it out and will not be properly absorbed … while you will get some benefit it will not be maximal and come on man up … 1 1/2" g23 isn’t that bad … look away and have a close woman friend (wife, girl, mom lol) do it[/quote]

Man up? Uh OK I’ll do that…what does possible muscle damage over the next oh say 30yrs of IM injects have to do with manning up?

I’ll listen to guys that have the labs that prove it works…thanks though

What a pile of dog shit. Don’t post here if you don’t have more than bro shit for brains.

listen dude you can believe what you would like but i am on my way to becoming an RN and have a better understanding of how IM shots work then you’d think … your not absorbing the complete amount of medicine being injected its basically going half ass between IM and gels … your still gonna have bruising from sub q if your gonna do that for the NEXT 30 years … if your worried about skin integrity then go with the gels …

i have done more research on this topic than you can image … i wasn’t trying to be a dick was trying to be funny … guess not … but have fun

I’m also gonna start weekly T shots as well. Any links or info on how to inject Sub Q. My Dr only does it the IM way so I may not get any help or instructions from them.

Press on injection site with finger immediately after injecting and hold for 10-15 seconds and SC shots will not bruise… you did not know that.

I switched from IM EOD to SC EOD and TT labs did not change.

Clinical research showed that SC works better for guys injecting weekly in terms of how they feel and labs.

SC shots of oil sweat out - BS.

I am looking into taking injections via Sub Q but I was wondering what is the smallest size needle that I can use? I am trying to avoid using large needles and would be injecting myself every other day if possible. Otherwise I would do this every three days. It seems like people taking insulin can use very small needles without having any problems or pain.

Of course I would like to be able to do the same as I do not like needles. So what would be the smallest size needle and how much international units can it hold? I do want to be able to self inject and have never done this before.

Thanks for any help.

Use 29 Guage 1/2" needles/.5ml syringes.

They’re a little slower to load, but well worth it IMO. No more bruising or soreness afterwards.

All patients use 29 gauge 1/2 inch in shoulder or leg and have no issues with proper T levels.
I have been using it for over 3 years with no issues and more convient then using the harpoons 22 gauge once a week.

draw with a big one and pull plunger on insulin pin fill it up and put plunger back in. Push to the top and then shot DONE. Whole minute start to finish.

Realistically only takes 30 seconds or so to load a 29g pin, just seems longer because you’re standing there staring at it.
I can wait 30 secs to skip days of bruising.

Thanks for the reply. I was reading about this needle “BD Nano needle” which is 4mm x 32G which replaces the 12.7mm x 29G needle. It is supposed to be used without pinching the skin and is better then the larger gauge needle. Now this is a insulin pen needle so I was wondering, can it be used for TRT sub-q shots instead of the 29G needle and if not, why?

BD also has a 31-gauge, 8mm (5/16") BD Ultra-Fineâ?¢ Short Needle which is 37% shorter than a 12.7mm (1/2) needle which is an insulin syringe not a pen shot. Can we use this?

My goal is to use the smallest needle possible using the latest delivery mechanism.

Thanks…

You guys are making it more complicated than it is

I’m still confused on why you would wanna inject ed or eod daily … with so many extra chances for infection and tissue damage when that’s your main concern … if you use a long last ester such as cyp or e then once a week is fine??? especially for trt … and if you hate the needles so much why don’t you guys just give the gels a chance???

Ive used both and didn’t like needles at first either but its not as bad as you make it out to be the longer needles … i find doing a sub q everyday to be worse … (doing gh right now and dread my shot daily but weekly don’t mind my test shot) ??? im not putting down the way anyone thinks about this just curious on your thinking??? and maybe hearing from someone who has hand the same questions concerned and has become a converter you might convert yourself

I dreaded doing the weekly IM shots with the 1 1/2" needle, and could feel my energy drop off as the week went by.
Doing shots EOD with the 1/2" 29g is practically pain free, many times I don’t even feel the needle.
Also feel like T is much steadier.