Test Cyp Shots Not Working At All

OK I’m really not understanding what is going on. I tried 5g androgel for a couple of weeks with great results. Libido back, depression gone, and my body felt fresh and fatigue free. The best I have felt in years! I discontinued use for a while to think about TRT for life and decided to do it for quality of life.

My Dr asked me if I’d like the shots instead, since that seems a lot more practical, and I’m into my third weekly injection of 200mg T cyp. So far the results have been NOTHING. No ups, no downs, no improvements in anything.

Has anyone ever heard of something like this? Could I be one of the rare few that responds better to gels? I hate applying the gel and it’s a pain to deal with so I really don’t want to switch back but I’m not sure I’m going to have a choice.

To answer your questions much better we need lab numbers.

200mg weekly should have you up pretty good on the test numbers, but this can also increase your E levels which I suspect is your issue.

If you Estradiol level is up you wont feel the test like you first did.

When I frist started on this road my Doc started me on 5mg of A-gel and for the first couple weeks I was a walking hard-on. This slowly subsided to my wifes glee! ha ha ha

Doc then upped me to 10mg A-gel. The same thing happened after a couple weeks on it faded.

I too am using 200mg injected per week. I didnt feel much of a change when I switched from the A-gel to Test-Cyp util I got the E2 under control. Originally my E2 was 68, now it’s 26 and I feel alot better.

You need to get your E2 or Estradiol measured and under control. I think this is your issue.

Chewman

I agree there’s quite possibly an E2 issue. Even though it will take your body 37-46 days to balance out from the T-Cyp shots, by now you should be sportin’ wood.
IMHO, nobody responds better to gels. Ever. They may think they do for a while and some who are really sensitive to changing T levels might, but overall twice a week shots keep you in the middle of the happy place.

I inject EOD, and I prefer it. No phantom breakouts, weird moods or anything. I also am on HCG, which made a huge difference as well. There are those that prefer the once a week routine with shots, as they both feel and enjoy the “boost”. I have never heard any of them speak of enjoying the end of the week “crash” though.

I was wondering if I need the additional DHT produced by the gel? The gel seriously fixed every compliant I had in about three days. After two weeks depression was totally gone. Libido was 100% better in about two days. Knowing what I know now I should have upped the gel dose and used Arimidex and I think the results would have lasted. I think it’s really odd that I’ve had zero results from the shots and I’m into my third injection.

I know Crisler says that some people with libido issues respond better to the gels so I’m thinking maybe I’m that small minority? I’ve been using Arimidex with the injection for about a week now. .5mg every three days. Still zippo results.

One last question. What would happen if you injected T Cyp and missed the muscle? I think the nurse screwed up my second injection because it was real high on the hip and that week I could never even feel the shot kick in at all. I had her inject this one lower and today I feel like something is going on.

Some guys feel the difference quickly, and some take weeks until the blood levels build and until the T “kicks in”. On T-Cyp, your blood levels won’t max out until day 47 or so but you will start to feel it eventually…

I know from experience life will get better on HRT, as long you keep the E2 levels at bay.

Hello guys…I like you had ANDRO GEL 2.5 then 5,7 then 10 grams…did nothing…

my last 3 TEST scores where 198,202,210 I just got TEST ENANTHATE 200mg every other week…what can I exspect ?
Im not looking to get ‘big’ if anything some fat lose .and just to feel better,I train about 3 hrs a day…between cardio & my boxing training…(I fight pro)the big debate seems how much is needed to see results…

if someoens Test is as low as mine…and I inject 200 every other week…what it do anything for my lil goals ? thanks guys…and thanks to KSMAN for your help

[quote]Chushin wrote:
fightu35 wrote:
Hello guys…I like you had ANDRO GEL 2.5 then 5,7 then 10 grams…did nothing…
my last 3 TEST scores where 198,202,210 I just got TEST ENANTHATE 200mg every other week…what can I exspect ?
Im not looking to get ‘big’ if anything some fat lose .and just to feel better,I train about 3 hrs a day…between cardio & my boxing training…(I fight pro)the big debate seems how much is needed to see results…if someoens Test is as low as mine…and I inject 200 every other week…what it do anything for my lil goals ? thanks guys…and thanks to KSMAN for your help

Folks here will likely tell you “every 2 weeks” is too infrequent, and will put you on a roller-coaster.[/quote]

yeah seems to be the norm…I read alot abnout the water retention using TEST ENANTHATE I realy dont want to gain to much water weight as Im trying to lose & ‘make weight’
I can prob have my doc switch type of TEST…for my goals which TEST do you guys think is best…I want some fat lose if possible…and a lil strenght of course would not hurt…not looking to get ‘huge’ and I do not take anything else…never have…thanks guys…

My family Dr is like a deer in the headlights with TRT. I went in for a follow up today and he’s totally clueless and scared to treat me properly. I’ve had to self medicate with Adex and clomid (haven’t been able to get HCG anywhere yet) to offset estrogen and keep my nuts up to form. It still seems like the boost in DHT from the gel is what fixed me initially.

It’s been four weeks now on 200mg T cyp and I have had a couple of improvements. Sexual function is much better, fatigue is gone, and I put on 7 pounds already which is great for me because I’ve always been to thin. What’s funny is Androgel did all of that AND gave me a strong libido and wiped out my minor depression. T cyp has done nothing for those two problems. After doing some reading in endo journals it appears that DHT drives sex drive, nocturnal erections, and is a very important player in the nervous system.

According to what Crisler wrote people with my issues tend to respond better to the gels. I’m going to visit him on April 24th to sort out my treatment. It amazes me that doctors, including endos, are clueless about T and how to properly administer it. They all act like low T is no big deal and you don’t need T. How ridiculous is it that I have to fly from OR to MI to get proper treatment? Damn this is frustrating. I guess I’m preaching to the choir here though.

So here are a few things I’ve noticed since experimenting. 25mg of clomid every three days is enough to keep some natural LH going. I started to get tender testicles after two weeks of T cyp and shortly after adding a small amount of clomid all is well. That’s a small dose and I don’t have any sides. If Crisler doesn’t have issue with it I may continue that protocol to keep some natural LH.

How bad can clomid be when there is a drug called Androxal coming on the market in a couple of years that’s basically a slightly changed clomid? Some endos put guys on clomid forever.

Also I’ve read a few posts where guys go on the shots, which is a more pleasant route of treatment, and experience the same thing that I did. Better sexual function but no sex drive to go with it. I would urge them to try the gel because if I hadn’t been on it first I would have never known how different that treatment is. I’ve never had my DHT tested but apparently it’s awful important. Just ask to guys who have screwed themselves up with Propecia.

Desperate for an answer - my husband tried androgel 2.5, 5, 7 - for six months. T last tested 113. After that we dropped the Endo and went back to the family doc. He has prescribed shots - 200 every 2 weeks. After 4 weeks we convinced him this wasnt’ enough. Levels were still in the low 200s. This last time my husband received 300 mg. The next day he was in a great mood, but not much else. He has had some anxiety since. All of the docs we’ve mentioned estradiol to (3) look at me like I have horns. They blame the low drive and loss of libido on the antidepressants he HAS to take. Any advice? He is feeling DONE with doctors.

[quote]carruthdm wrote:
Desperate for an answer - my husband tried androgel 2.5, 5, 7 - for six months. T last tested 113. After that we dropped the Endo and went back to the family doc. He has prescribed shots - 200 every 2 weeks. After 4 weeks we convinced him this wasnt’ enough. Levels were still in the low 200s. This last time my husband received 300 mg. The next day he was in a great mood, but not much else. He has had some anxiety since. All of the docs we’ve mentioned estradiol to (3) look at me like I have horns. They blame the low drive and loss of libido on the antidepressants he HAS to take. Any advice? He is feeling DONE with doctors.[/quote]

He probably has elevated Prolactin. Does he have any vision trouble or headaches? If the pituitary has a tumor, it’ll press on the optic nerve.

I’d bet on high Prolactin.

An arginine infusion test and/or an MRI is called for, after bloodwork. Low Test and High Prolactin often go together.

God bless and keep trying!

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
carruthdm wrote:
Desperate for an answer - my husband tried androgel 2.5, 5, 7 - for six months. T last tested 113. After that we dropped the Endo and went back to the family doc. He has prescribed shots - 200 every 2 weeks. After 4 weeks we convinced him this wasnt’ enough. Levels were still in the low 200s. This last time my husband received 300 mg. The next day he was in a great mood, but not much else. He has had some anxiety since. All of the docs we’ve mentioned estradiol to (3) look at me like I have horns. They blame the low drive and loss of libido on the antidepressants he HAS to take. Any advice? He is feeling DONE with doctors.

OK, firstly, let me say that I’m sorry to hear of your husbands issues. Godspeed to a happy, fruitful resolution!

Anyway, some folks are very poor responders to transdermal application. Injections give a much more consistent result - usually.

100mg/wk should be enough to get a high-normal T level, however a once weekly shot is a hell of a lot better then a bi-weekly shot.

You have to remember that once you begin supplementing with test, the body will see this and drop its own natural production quite quickly. This is why it’s best to wait about 6-7 weeks into treatment before testing for T levels, as this will allow you to obtain a true level, rather than a transient one.

If you ask an endo about E and he/she looks at you like you are mad, find a new endo, since E has been shown beyond question to have many negative effects on men, relating to libido, mood, cognition, etc. If your husband has more adipose tissue than average, he will have a higher than average rate of conversion of T into E.

It is quite possible that once his T levels come into range, that he no longer has a physiological need for anti-depressants. The flipside of this is that if he doesn’t need them, but is still taking them, they may cause some anxiety.

I suggest (but I’m only a chiropractic student with a strong interest in hormones and the body, not a Dr of medicine) that 100-150mg each week, for 5 weeks (to allow blood levels to rise and then normalise), before retesting. Once levels of T rise into range, and E is controlled down into the lower end of the range, that the need for antidepressants is re-evaluated.

Just my opinion though.

BBB[/quote]

What he said. Also, he’ll need HCG to prevent complete shutdown, plus arimidex (ana) to stop the conversion from T to E.

Go to a real steroid doc at an anti-aging clinic. Forget the endos and the uros — waste of time and money.

[quote]carruthdm wrote:
Desperate for an answer - my husband tried androgel 2.5, 5, 7 - for six months. T last tested 113. After that we dropped the Endo and went back to the family doc. He has prescribed shots - 200 every 2 weeks.

After 4 weeks we convinced him this wasnt’ enough. Levels were still in the low 200s. This last time my husband received 300 mg. The next day he was in a great mood, but not much else. He has had some anxiety since.

All of the docs we’ve mentioned estradiol to (3) look at me like I have horns. They blame the low drive and loss of libido on the antidepressants he HAS to take. Any advice? He is feeling DONE with doctors.[/quote]

I have worked with guy here who has a body that eats testosterone, it just disappears. He is now injecting 200mg/wk, 100mg twice a week. This is working and keeps his levels up.

Injecting twice a week is totally wrong. The FDA approved product information states that one can inject every two weeks. - the source of this mess

He needs to self inject.

With injections every two weeks, the T level spikes create higher E2 levels than the same amount injected often in divided doses. With infrequent injections, the wild swings in T levels also may E2 control with Arimidex/anastrozole quite impossible as the dose would need to be also changing all of the time.

T lab levels change with time, and vastly with injections twice a week. The time of the lab work then controls the result. One should test one half way between injections and always make that the same so lab changes have diagnostic value.

All of you are GREAT! Thank you so much for all of your responses. I’m sitting here at the computer sharing them with my husband. Hopefully next week we’ll be at the new doc’s place and on our way to a NEW LIFE!

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
KSman wrote:
Injecting twice a week it totally wrong. The FDA approved product information states that one can inject every two weeks.

Did this escape my sarcasm detector?

BBB[/quote]

The FDA is itself a bit of sarcasm.

My first doc had me injecting 100 mgs every THREE weeks. Ignorant as I was, I actually followed this advice. I now have to look back and just laugh.

In an ideal world, we’d inject 100 mg/week, then adjust dosage and frequency to optimize the health and feeling of the patient. If it takes 200 mg twice a week to get ideal numbers and well-being, then so be it.

The terror of ‘OMG its STEROIDS!’ is one of the stupidest things our society ever came up with.