Test Cycle at 17, What's The Worst That Could Happen?

Ok even at 5mg that’s 5x what the study shown. And how long are you going to take it?

You have no idea what your doing. I mean this in the nicest way possible. Educate yourself before hurting yourself

8 weeks. If you go on reddit and look at the logs everyone is fine a few weeks after the cycle.

Your right bro.

I have no idea what I’m talking about.

Reddit is the best for info I feel stupid now

Good luck!

3 Likes

youngq - dude, at 17 you’re basically ON steroids (my apologies if anyone upstream has already said this). Guys go on TRT to get the levels you currently possess naturally. I wouldn’t touch anything exogenous until I was past 25. I know that goes against the philosophy of many in these forums but I would exhaust my own optimal levels before adding exogenous steroids.

And now I see the Chris C basically gave you the gentle riot act above. Heed his wisdom youngq.

Excellent advice, beek. Sorry for your experience but if it can help others it’s not for naught.

Thats only because 0.1, 0.3, and 1mg doses dont do anything. This study was only done to create the illusion that your test would go back to normal.

Everybody here is telling you not to take steroids or SARMS, so if you’re going to voluntarily be dumb and do it anyway, that’s on you.

I know, it’s very sad, bad 20 year old decisions. I will be consulting with a new Dr in around a week, so I will keep you guys updated

Please, stay way from everything. You never know how this could end @youngquestion1.

You maaay come out alright after this or you could end up like me, reading every article on pubmed and every post here in t nation looking for the answer of what went wrong with me

But please, I urge you to stay away from anabolics, even sarms.

I began with a cycle of test, I recovered perfectly from that cycle but performance enhancing drugs are very psychologically addictive so I didn’t stop there. I did another cycle of test and tren and everything went down the hills. After my PCT I had a testosterone of 150 ng/dl Range: 250-1100ng/dl. So I went on trt for a while and went off because I wanted to see if I could recover. My testosterone right now is low normal at 450 ng/dl but I am having a looooot of problems with mood and libido since my I went off TRT so I may have to go back on it again even with my testosterone levels being “normal”.

I’m glad to hear you’ve decided against the AAS route.

You mentioned taking SARMs, I wanted to share on that too. I ran a ton of SARMs before I started TRT. 5 LGD cycles and a RAD 140 cycle. You’re right, they don’t shut you down completely like testosterone or PHs will, but they will suppress your testosterone so low to the point that when you come off cycle, you’ll have no endogenous testosterone to maintain your gains. In order to maintain any gains, I would have to cycle off for only 4 weeks and then have to hop on another 8-12 weeks of SARMs. No doubt, research right now shows that they would be much safer than AAS regarding your endogenous testosterone. But, there’s no long term research on them. Plus, they have neural effects (google “RAD-140 neuroprotection”) that definitely fucked my head up from cycling on/off for so long. I can’t explain it too well, but my cognition is much lower after running SARMs.

Either way, even suppressing your testosterone at your age is going to fuck with your body’s natural development. Seriously, I urge you to think very seriously about this. I didn’t realize what I was getting into when I was 16. When you run anything that affects your endocrine system, it has potential to have lasting effects.

I was told the same stuff you’re being told on this thread. I know you will do whatever you choose to do, regardless of what you’re told. That’s what I did. Just know: Since then, I’ve spent about $3k on meds and supplements in an effort just to feel somewhat normal.

Know what your getting into. I wish someone had told me how huge of a decision I was making when I started taking PEDs. Be safe. Whatever you choose to do, good luck man.

One last thing about SARMs, every positive thing that’s ever been said about them has been written by someone trying to sell them and make money. Every article that refers to SARMs as a “safe alternative to steroids” will give you a link to where you can buy them.

Do with that knowledge what you will^

This… Recreational drug use in the form of party drugs is what is rampant among kids, anabolic steroids aren’t particularly common (though I do know of a few kids of gear) it’s few and far in between. The kids who use gear I know are either

• Have a legitimate shot at being a professional athlete
  • Idiots who use hard drugs, party hard and use steroids year round

Scary, but true. If one looks at brain imaging studies done comparing AAS users to non AAS users, there is a distinct structural difference in various parts of the brain (and the connectivity of said regions), most specifically the right amygdala. While these differences are unable to be pinpointed as a cause of any medical pathology (say difference in IQ, behaviour or depressive scores) it does (potentially) demonstrate that anabolic steroids have an effect on brain development.

Now, two studies have been done on the cognitive function of AAS users, one found a significant difference whereas the other did not (regarding visuospatial cognitive functioning). Now, the flaw here is the AAS users in both studies had significantly less mean years (on average) of education, and on the brain imaging, there could always be the argument that the level of recreational drugs used in the sample contributed largely, however even when this variable was taken out and low/high dose groups were separated, there was still a statistically significant difference in brain structure between controls. Various regions of the brain contain receptors for sex hormones (AR, ER etc), so it makes sense to think an effect on the brain aside from that of impact on neurotransmitters could occur with prolonged exposure to high dose AAS.

One could further argue people who use AAS tend to have problems themselves, and fair enough, I look at myself and I’m pretty fucking far from normal, as are most competitive athletes and bodybuilders, gym rats (who take absurd doses for vanity), so one could argue brain abnormalities would exist in someone willing to take these substances in the first place, however I disagree with that notion. I think it’d be foolish to deny the fact that anabolic steroids are as a whole

• potentially neurotoxic
  • cardiotoxic (by far the biggest concern)
  • hepatotoxic (oral or not oral)
  • indirectly and directly nephrotoxic

and more

I tend to use the absolute minimum dose possible, however I stay on for aaagggeeesss, my TRT is 150-200mg depending on what I feel like doing, my cycles are 200-250mg/wk (currently back up at 250 because I’m doing a little experiment with my training to see what the results are, and I’m going to America in like 8 wks and I’m sometimes a vanity ridden idiot, that and I don’t see the significant risk with 250, it’s a pretty safe dose for most in the short to medium term, that and I’m still making gains like crazy, for this one week though I’m taking a smidge more because I have a left over quarter full syringe of primoteston so ehhhh).

@youngquestion1

Sarms likely cause complete and total shutdown at the doses one would take when buying them for recreational use. Literature on LGD-4033 demonstrates SIGNIFICANT suppression at 1mg/day, fairly strained lipids too. You’d probably be taking like 10-20mg/day (or whatever people use with this stuff).

I think what you want to do regarding AAS/SARMS is a reaaaallllly bad idea, at the very least put some serious hours into researching the mechanisms as to behind how these drugs affect the body, potential long term outcomes.

1 Like

Seven weeks after the cycle. And this was a three week cycle, not eight weeks like the one you’re planning. Testosterone was below baseline for seven weeks. That’s 2.3x longer than the cycle. How much muscle do you think you’ll gain and/or keep while operating with low testosterone for two months? (Hint: it’ll be much harder than being natty)

also doses used in these clinical trails are far lower than what would run for recreational purposes.

Like running 5-10mg oxandrolone/day to combat wasting and/or improve short stature in adolescents/ kids with delayed puberty vs the high doses we see athletes running. Obviously the higher dose will have a more deleterious effect on the cardiovascular, endocrine system etc.

I wonder… If I’d been given ox at like 2.5mg/day and GH when I was like ten would I be 9 feet tall now?

A few weeks after, when steroids first came out, people were fine a few weeks after as well. No one knew the long term effect. Sarms have not been around long enough for any proper study to be done. Wait until your older, the gains now at your age, are not worth the struggle you will inevitably encounter when your older.

It would be better to wait until you are 25, train hard and eat well until then, and if you still feel the need for some special supplements just take steroids. There are relatively safe ways to use steroids and the side effects are all well known, they have been researched for years. SARMs are fairly new and there is minimal research on them, and what we do know is that they can have serious side effects just like steroids but the benefits are minimal in comparison. I don’t use either, but if I had to make a choice I would go for steroids, straight up.

I compete in powerlifting, in the drug tested division of WPC. They only test for anabolic steroids, SARMs are not banned. I thought maybe SARMs would be a good idea to get an easy boost in strength with minimal side effects, but after doing some research I realized that they were a terrible idea. To actually get anything out of them you would have to take test too, the effects of SARMs are not that great and when you combine that with suppressed test production you are lucky if you don’t get smaller and weaker.

Do you want to be impotent at your age?

My first cycle was when I was 19yo but I fell into the “serious chance of becoming a professional athlete” category. I was playing baseball in Junior College and when I tell you everyone was juicing I mean literally EVERYONE. We had 13 kids on our team alone juicing up and I couldn’t even count the number of kids on other teams doing the same exact thing. The thought that ran through my head was “if I don’t do this there is no way I’ll be able to keep up.” I wanted to play the short game instead of the long game and it had a major negative impact on my health. Looking back on it I wish I wouldn’t have done it, it took a serious toll on my body and definitely had a direct correlation to me tearing my labrum in spring training… That resulted in my professional baseball career pretty much ending and bouncing around from Semi-pro team to Semi-pro team.

Trust me when I tell you, everything you do with your body is a long game. This is a marathon, not a sprint and move forward with major caution. If I would’ve held off on the juice I would be in some major league team’s farm system right now 100% but here I am typing this up at my boring ass day job trying to help some kid avoid the same mistakes I made when I was his age.

4 Likes

Bottom line is you are not old enough and mature enough to think critically and rationally about the possible outcomes. Believe ms at your age I put more chemicals into my body than most people do in a life time and there were deffinitly some consequences that i was warned of but figured it would not happen to me. Guess what,… That shit happened. Fucked my life all up.15 years later im still on methadone $2500 a year because of my opiod use and now TRT $1200 a year because of the methadone. Dont start injecting drugs at 16. Dont do any drugs right now. You may think your body is developed but your brain has a long way to go.

3 Likes

Bingo. Even marijuana has been linked to multiple studies stating it slows down your natural GH production

I made a post here a few weeks
ago about using steroids as a teen(I’m 16 for those who didn’t see it) and most people were against it but since then I’ve been reading more about steroids and learned that they aren’t going to fuck up the rest of my life like most people in the previous thread said they would.

I did say I was going to “just” do SARMs but I’d benefit much more from real AAS and using research chemicals for small gains that will never get me to my goal physique just isn’t worth it.

Documentaries:
1:Bigger,Stronger, Faster
2:Steroids Ireland
-Both of which are about fear mongering in some way.
-Steroids are illegal here too but not as harsh of an offense.

Icarus - not really bodybuilding but still PEDs.

Honestly I don’t see what’s wrong with this, it’s much easier to overdose on cocaine and alcohol and all those drugs than it is on a planned steroid cycle with countermeasures. PCT. An issue I will have is getting blood work.

Steroids fit in with what I’ll be doing for life which is either, Army,Personal trainer and/or bodybuilder/one of those instagram guys.

This is the cycle I put together.

Wk 1-12: Test E - 500mg/wk, 250 Monday and 250 Thursday
Wk 1-5: Dbol 20mg ED, split into two doses

Wk 3-14: Arimidex .25mg EOD

Wk 12-14: Wait to start PCT
Wk 15&16: Nolva@40mg ED
Wk 17&18: Nolva@20mg ED

Reason I want to add dbol is to make the most out of the cycle.

I’m not sure where I could get the gear, online seems sketchy. There is a guy in my gym who I’m sure of is juicing. He definitely has legit gear but I’m not sure if I should talk to him about it as he knows my age and has kids of his own so he most likely won’t help me out.

Thanks.