Test Cream Questions: Partial HPTA Shutdown vs Complete

I already have a case thread, these are more general questions.

1. As far as I’ve learned, injectable testosterone shuts down the HPTA completely where cream partially shuts it down. Cream allows the levels to drop later in the day/at night to a point where the pituitary kicks in and starts signaling. As someone who is 26, this seems beneficial for protecting fertility (alongside HCG) as well as leaving the potential for getting off of TRT (cause was adrenal fatigue/sleep apnea). More evidence in my case is I didn’t see teste shrinkage on the cream before I started using HCG and I saw it with injections.
  2. If 1 is true wouldn’t that eliminate the need for HCG?
  3. If you apply t cream in the morning when do the levels rise and when do they fall? I’m assuming you have to shoot for pretty substantial morning testosterone levels in order to make this something usable for all day

I’m not an expert, but I assume any amount of exogenous T will eventually shut down natural production. As far as I’m aware T isn’t something you supplement with, you either produce it or replace it, which is why TRT is a life long commitment. You can supplement TRT with HCG or a SERM like Clomid. Doing so will hopefully keep the HPTA system stimulated, and potentially preserve fertility. Teste changes are specific to the individual and I don’t believe indicates anything beyond how your body responds to the treatment.

I’ve read that one of the benefits of a cream or gel is that it closely mimics the body’s production in T. For instance, it raises T highest after application and slowly dissipates throughout the day. This of course assumes ones body can absorb the T, which is hit and miss with lots of guys.

1 Like

FT drops fast, globulin+T does not. So TT can be higher than you think at times of low FT.

LH/FSH suppression is from Bio-T and estrogens. E2 [estradiol] is more repressive than T. Transdermal T has the highest potential for T–>E2, creams less so than gels applied to larger surface areas.

So you are not taking these factors into account.

LH has a short half live, FSH longer. You can test these to eval your conjecture.

The effects of FT and Bio-T may have a biological half life on the hypothalamus and there may be a component of LH/FSH suppression that lingers - many things are unknown.

Many do not get decent T levels with transdermal T and that problem is quite common with low thyroid function where absorption can be very poor.