Test C Cycle and High Blood Pressure

I am currently running a test only cycle of 250mg Test C E3D. Plan to run a total of 10 weeks, currently i am on week 7. For the last 3 weeks i have been hypertensive, average BP is 148/85. With a highest of 162/81. I take my blood pressures with high dollar hospital equipment, as i am a tech in surgery, so i know its accurate and consistent.

I have done some research and cant pinpoint if my hypertension is due to the test i am on, or is just a coincidence and popped up during my cycle. I am 25 years old with no history of hypertension, or any other heart problems for that matter. I do not do any cardio, just weight train. My bottom line question is; do i go and get a full workup done now, or wait until i finish out my cycle to see if it comes back to normal? Any incite on this is appreciated.

Hey, I’m no doctor so take this fwiw…if I was you I wouldn’t worry too much, but I’d at least get hematocrit values measured at this point. Seven weeks into a moderate test cycle isn’t typically enough to cause BP problems, but it’s not unheard of. It also wouldn’t be the end of the world for you to end your cycle a little early if your BP really becomes a concern.

Btw, are you using an AI? If not, it’d be a good idea to use one in the future. Minimizing estrogenic sides can only benefit your BP.

Good luck.

[quote]whotookmyname wrote:
Btw, are you using an AI? If not, it’d be a good idea to use one in the future. Minimizing estrogenic sides can only benefit your BP.[/quote]

Not using an AI. However, I keep nulva around incase issues arise, and for PCT.

Thanks for your post. I feel like with only 3 weeks remaining i dont want to end it yet when the end is only a stone throw away, but i know BP is nothing to put on the back burner. I guess im going to have to make a commitment to either finish out the cycle or end it early, start PCT, and see where im at after my body takes over again.

[quote]biggchris wrote:

[quote]whotookmyname wrote:
Btw, are you using an AI? If not, it’d be a good idea to use one in the future. Minimizing estrogenic sides can only benefit your BP.[/quote]

Not using an AI. However, I keep nulva around incase issues arise, and for PCT.

Thanks for your post. I feel like with only 3 weeks remaining i dont want to end it yet when the end is only a stone throw away, but i know BP is nothing to put on the back burner. I guess im going to have to make a commitment to either finish out the cycle or end it early, start PCT, and see where im at after my body takes over again. [/quote]

Nolva can reduce gyno risks while on cycle but it doesn’t keep overall estrogen levels down, so you’re still going to get the extra fluid retention, which has to be a bit taxing on the BP.

Anyway, all the best. Stay on top of things and I’m sure you’ll be ok.