T Nation

Test Boosters While Cutting?

Would it be a waste of money to use a pro testosterone supplement while on a cut?

pro-test products typically work (if you have a lower test to start) for whatver your doing if i’m not mistaken.

What kind? It completely depends on how far you have gone with training.

If you have never trained before? The it probably would be.

In theory the added testosterone will still allow you to work out harder, keeping your metabolism up and burning more fat. Or you could just spend your money on stimulants for a few weeks.

Yeah I have been training for 3 years and I put on 30lbs from my bulk. Most of those years I was training for athletics so gaining size wasn’t my main concern.

Adding something like TRIBEX Gold and REZ-V to your supplement regime would support natural testosterone production in a calorie reduced state as long as the calories are not dropped too low.

Such products work well alone or with fat-loss products like HOT-ROX Extreme. Other non-test-related supplements that combine to support such goals are BCAA, beta alanine, creatine and Superfood.

Whether or not something is a waste of money depends on how you react to that supplement and the degree of precision with which you feed yourself based on your goals.

A simple yay or nay will always be wrong. Do you have issues with low hormone levels on a cut? Do you respond to tribulus (or even the components of Alpha Male)?

The answers to these questions will give you the guidance you need. At $20 for a bottle of TRIBEX Gold, you could do a cheap experiment: start your diet/cut for a couple weeks, then add the test booster for two weeks. Repeat twice and I guarantee you will have a much better answer than even Bill Roberts could give you, let alone the rest of us. If you try this, of course, please post your findings.

[quote]APLASTICSPOON wrote:
Would it be a waste of money to use a pro testosterone supplement while on a cut?[/quote]

you would notice more of a difference with a good anti-aromotase inhibitor. (in terms of benefits while dieting)

novedex xt, 6-oxo, REZ-V and so on.

[quote]WalkingGunShow wrote:
you would notice more of a difference with a good anti-aromotase inhibitor. (in terms of benefits while dieting)

novedex xt, 6-oxo, REZ-V and so on.[/quote]

Unless you have no estrogen issues, in which case it would be a waste, with the exception of REZ-V which has many beneficial properties other than estrogen modulation.

[quote]Peter Orban wrote:
WalkingGunShow wrote:

novedex xt, 6-oxo, REZ-V and so on.

Unless you have no estrogen issues, in which case it would be a waste, with the exception of REZ-V which has many beneficial properties other than estrogen modulation.[/quote]

It would help while cutting even if you didn’t have a major problem. It would still raise test levels some because it blocks the conversion of test to estrogen. And having an even lower estrogen count for a shorter period of time will still hlep you look better.

Cutting/bulking is dependent on diet, a test booster will help you with both