T Nation

Test Boosters for Females?

Ok, I’m a female physique competitor and my top critique at most shows is “harder” legs/harder overall. I tend to come in really full, even when I carb deplete. I’m wondering if a test booster might help me get tighter/harder. Has anyone tried anything that has actually worked? Any input is welcome, thank y’all!

Try the Powerful Women forum: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_women_training_performance_powerful?pageNo=1&s=forumsNavTop

They may be able to assist you better.

Thanks, will do!

[quote]jinneybeth wrote:
Ok, I’m a female physique competitor and my top critique at most shows is “harder” legs/harder overall. I tend to come in really full, even when I carb deplete. I’m wondering if a test booster might help me get tighter/harder. Has anyone tried anything that has actually worked? Any input is welcome, thank y’all![/quote]

There’s a female NPC competitor at my gym, who always suffers from not looking hard in her legs. While I don’t know what your exact approach is, I can tell you what she repeatedly does that I disagree with.
-Overtrains her legs, even a few days out from a show. This will kill your definition as well as how well your muscles take up carbs.
-Too much cardio. This just runs everything down, and like I just mentioned, excessive muscles trauma will hamper carb-ups
-Bad carb-ups. I know you didn’t say you looked flat, but, I’ve found that higher glycogen filled muscles will really push against your skin, and give a much harder appearance if done correctly.

As to the T-Booster I can’t imagine that having any real visual effect on your appearance. I personally always liked to include Alpha Male in my preps because I felt that it gave me a slight edge in terms of recovery. Not a bad thing.

S

Thanks Stu! I do tend to overdo it on cardio - prob should ramp it up to HIIT and less LISS (I tend to be a high incine t-mill walker). I don’t do legs the week of my show, but I know my carb up does need work. Right now my hubs and I compete sans coach/trainer so we are just kinda going on trial and error. Thanks for the input! I’ve heard good things about alphamale, I’ll give it a shot!

For what it’s worth, Charles Poliquin (as per his Biosignature methods) always said that holding extra fat in the legs was an estrogen issue, i.e. that one should take estrogen lowering supplements or do an estrogen detox.