Test Boosters and the TRT Patient

I am currently training for the State Troopers, I am 40 and a TRT patient…

Question,
Since I am dependent on external Testosterone pretty much for life, would it in any way benefit me to take any type of Test booster since I can not afford to take higher dosages of Test Cypionate as I do not have insurance and have to pay retail for it?
just want to kick my training up a notch as I have less time to be ready that I would like…

If you are a TRT patient would they even do anything?

thanks
Chris

Chris,
Are you on the T+HCG+AI protocol, or just T shots alone? A test “booster” really won’t help as the outside source of T prevents the body’s production of extra T, unless we are talking HCG which does increase T production slightly for many.
Now if you are talking supplements to help keep all the T, as T and not E2, or just keeping as much free T as free T as possible, then there are inexpensive herbs you can take to help out.
Is that what you were asking?

I am currently on 100 ml/1CC a week and 1/4 arimidex EOD as it keeps my nipples from driving me crazy…
Was just curious any of those compounds would help to boost my T any, but get your point about if it is not there naturally there is nothing to boost.

I just wanted to get more out of my training in the time I had, but also have polycythemia so do not want to blow huge hemocrite levels at my physical either, they really can not say much to me about the Test as it is for medical reasons and vastly documented that I do not produce much if any on my own…

Is there anything you would suggest that could help, but hear in mind I am currently out of work and can not afford “other” means right now…

Thanks for any and all input :slight_smile: … Us “old guys” have got to stick together lol :slight_smile:
Chris

I am currently on 100 ml/1CC a week and 1/4 arimidex EOD as it keeps my nipples from driving me crazy…
Was just curious any of those compounds would help to boost my T any, but get your point about if it is not there naturally there is nothing to boost.

I just wanted to get more out of my training in the time I had, but also have polycythemia so do not want to blow huge hemocrite levels at my physical either, they really can not say much to me about the Test as it is for medical reasons and vastly documented that I do not produce much if any on my own…

Is there anything you would suggest that could help, but hear in mind I am currently out of work and can not afford “other” means right now…

Thanks for any and all input :slight_smile: … Us “old guys” have got to stick together lol :slight_smile:
Chris

Chris,
I don’t know if anyone has told you, but the best way to keep hemocrit in check is to donate blood every ten weeks or so. My doctor says it’s a healthy way to build new antibodies on a regular basis, and at some level will help keep E2 in check.
There are a few really inexpensive herbs you could take to assist keeping your T free and unbound, but since money is tight, donating blood is the best idea it sounds for right now.

I can not donate blood, between the Test, blood pressure meds and a Shot series I had in the military in the early 90’s blood is a no go, I was told I could never donate blood later after the fact…

I was going in and getting a pint drained once a week at the lab but it was a total pain in the hind end and stopped…

Your level is suppose to be like a 42, mine was at a 64 but down to a 54, but I also live at high altitude 4000 ft…

Just for the info what herbs would help?

Chris,
Wow that’s a lot of blood to donate every week; are you sure it was a whole pint?
When I can’t go to the Red Cross or whoever, I just go get drained at the doctors office, but we’re still talking 1 pint every two months or so…
What was the result of your last E2 test?, I would like to know that before I go off making a list of herbs.

[quote]KNB wrote:
Chris,
Wow that’s a lot of blood to donate every week; are you sure it was a whole pint?
When I can’t go to the Red Cross or whoever, I just go get drained at the doctors office, but we’re still talking 1 pint every two months or so…
What was the result of your last E2 test?, I would like to know that before I go off making a list of herbs.[/quote]

A pint a week is incredibly high. Usually the acceptable donation repeat is a pint every couple months or so (I’ve gotten my six gallon pin).

Yeah that was initially for the first 4 weeks then they would play it by ear with the blood… Not a huge fan of needles and the Blood doc I was seeing nurse really pissed me off, so I told him where he could go and that I would stick with my Urologist who knows what he is doing…

I will have to see if I can call in to get the last results, I do not have insurance right now so can not make an office visit.

Let me see what I can do to get you some #s

Another thing I was wrestling with was when it comes to TRT or HRT and working out, workouts seem to be tailored to get a hormone response, to get elevations in Testosterone through stress and heavy weights, BUT if you are already taking it externally then what response is there to elicit since it is in your system from an out side source… How does this affect the way you should train, or does it?

now that I have a head ache lol…

Chris

Adex should be dosed to get near serum E2=22pg/ml. An optimal E2 level can do a lot more than a lot more T in many cases.

Cells need to respond to T. You cannot be healthier than your cells. Cell walls need EFAs [fish oil] for proper functioning. And there are many other functional supplements to use.

Thyroid levels need to be good [not just normal] and you should be taking 4-6000iu vit-D.