Test. Boosters and Teens

it seems like alot of the kids on my JV football team use test boosters. The most popular being the Xyience one. I keep saying that it effects them more than they think and it effects there natural abilities to create test, since theyre only teenagers and still developing physically and hormonally, since this is what I’ve been led to believe.

Any input? Would a 15 year old be negatively effected from taking marketed test boosters?

Just curious…me and my friends keep arguing about it and I’d like some input from more knowledgeable people.

Thanks

I think you are on point…particularly considering your age - a time when you are producing the most amount of test probably in your overall life. My opinion…don’t fuck with the natural process…it is not needed and it may effect your body’s ability and inclination to keep producing a lot of test on its own. Ignore those fools and stick to stuff that will really help like eating enough and sleeping enough, etc. When you get to be an old fart is when you should start worrying about test-boosters. Peace out.

If eliteballa is going to teach us anything, it should be not to mess with your hormones while you’re younger.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1162771

I know this may be a stupid question, but is HRX and TRIBEX considered a test booster? I mean, TRIBEX uses a natural herb… I’m very pro organic etc. but I’m also highly against anything like test boosters.

As for the OP, just eat a lot and train hard. Also, sleep a lot man…makes a huge difference.

[quote]daniel d wrote:
I know this may be a stupid question, but is HRX and TRIBEX considered a test booster? I mean, TRIBEX uses a natural herb… I’m very pro organic etc. but I’m also highly against anything like test boosters.

As for the OP, just eat a lot and train hard. Also, sleep a lot man…makes a huge difference.[/quote]

TRIBEX is a test booster, HRX is a fat burner/body compostion modifier. Not too many organic supps around.

there are natural (herbal) test boosters, as well as estrogen blockers (albeit weaker ones). that being said, at 15 you’d be better spending your money ono another protein… or BCAAs, or glutamine, or vitamins, or creatine (depending on goals), or… you get the idea

I disagree here. If money is not a problem, and the basics like protien and wholesome food are in order, I don’t see anything wrong with using a T-booster for a kid your age.

We have all sorts of articles and info here in the T-Nation archives that talk of all the things around us that work overtime to rob us of our T, things like zenoestrogens, phytoestrogens, pollution, feminist values, etc.

I wonder if the young men of today have a lower T-level than the young men of the forties, fifties and such did. I don’t know if I buy the arguement that teens’ T-levels are the highest they will ever be either, but that’s for another time.

So this is one guy’s opinion, but if training and diet are in order, and it’s something you or your parents can comfortably afford for the duration, I say go ahead.

[quote]Galvatron wrote:
I disagree here. If money is not a problem, and the basics like protien and wholesome food are in order, I don’t see anything wrong with using a T-booster for a kid your age.

We have all sorts of articles and info here in the T-Nation archives that talk of all the things around us that work overtime to rob us of our T, things like zenoestrogens, phytoestrogens, pollution, feminist values, etc.

I wonder if the young men of today have a lower T-level than the young men of the forties, fifties and such did. I don’t know if I buy the arguement that teens’ T-levels are the highest they will ever be either, but that’s for another time.

So this is one guy’s opinion, but if training and diet are in order, and it’s something you or your parents can comfortably afford for the duration, I say go ahead.[/quote]

I don’t think that when you’re 15-20 is when you want to be messing with the stuff though. I’m thinking about taking Rez-V since the effects of that are on minimizing enviornmental estrogens which are unavoidable and suck.

I do think you have a reasonable argument, but there are so many more negatives that could come out of the situation than positives. At least that I can think of.

To the OP I think your best bet would be to find a good stimulant pre-game if you want to go that path. I know ephedra was popular in hockey, and to an extent still is, so maybe something like that, or one of the legal “cold” medicines you can buy online?

[quote]Galvatron wrote:

So this is one guy’s opinion, but if training and diet are in order, and it’s something you or your parents can comfortably afford for the duration, I say go ahead.[/quote]

This has got to be the worst advise I’ve seen in a while. If you don’t have any real knowledge on a topic, it’s probably best to refrain from giving advise on it.

Increasing Testosterone is likely the last thing this kid should worry about.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
To the OP I think your best bet would be to find a good stimulant pre-game if you want to go that path. I know ephedra was popular in hockey, and to an extent still is, so maybe something like that, or one of the legal “cold” medicines you can buy online?[/quote]

Great, now we have people recommending that 15 year olds use ephedra and cold medications to get “up” for a game.

And people wonder why the government is trying to remove products from the market.

Please leave your “friends” alone so that they thorougly fuck themselves up, thus cleaning up the gene pool a little bit. Then nominate them for the Darwin awards.

[quote]pbody03 wrote:
daniel d wrote:

As for the OP, just eat a lot and train hard. Also, sleep a lot man…makes a huge difference.

TRIBEX is a test booster, HRX is a fat burner/body compostion modifier. Not too many organic supps around.[/quote]

HRX contains Carbolin 19 in it though, and doesn’t TRIBEX contain tribulus plant? Which is a “natural” tester booster (according to wikipedia). Not trying to argue or debate, just trying to see if using any of Biotest’s products would be unsuitable for a 15 year old kid.

According to my personal research, and to Biotest itself, test boosters ie Tribulus is fine for teenagers. It works to accelerate natural test production. It doesn’t work the steroid route by bringing in test from outside the body. Trib is completely fine for a 15 year old.

The other parts of the life of an athelete should be handled first. Diet, sleep, training, and I agree protein and creatine first. But, to repeat, tribulus is completely fine for a 15 year old, it does not interrupt the natural process at all.

Just because something is natural doesn’t mean there’ll be no negative consequences from ingesting it.

Uranium occurs naturally. But, call me crazy, I’d still argue that it’s not healthy for 15 year olds to eat.

[quote]TrainerinDC wrote:
According to my personal research, and to Biotest itself, test boosters ie Tribulus is fine for teenagers. It works to accelerate natural test production. It doesn’t work the steroid route by bringing in test from outside the body. Trib is completely fine for a 15 year old.

The other parts of the life of an athelete should be handled first. Diet, sleep, training, and I agree protein and creatine first. But, to repeat, tribulus is completely fine for a 15 year old, it does not interrupt the natural process at all. [/quote]

DC, I hear what you are saying, but with the way the Gov. is cracking down on supplements in general we shouldn’t advise anyone under the age of consent to use supplements other then plain old good nutrition. When you have ignorant housewives thinking the creatine Jr. is taking is on par with Trenbolone it isn’t good.

If we don’t stop the uneducated from using these products WE won’t be able to buy Flintstone vitamins in the not so distant future.

D

[quote]TrainerinDC wrote:

The other parts of the life of an athelete should be handled first. Diet, sleep, training, and I agree protein and creatine first. But, to repeat, tribulus is completely fine for a 15 year old, it does not interrupt the natural process at all. [/quote]

Thank you for the response, Uranium’s chemical properties are much different than a plants or herb (that’s like me saying “Go eat led/mercury” it’s natural but harmful). I’m glad to hear that it shouldn’t be to harmful although, I’m still a firm believer of proper nutrition, sleep, and consistancy is all you need.

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
Galvatron wrote:

So this is one guy’s opinion, but if training and diet are in order, and it’s something you or your parents can comfortably afford for the duration, I say go ahead.

This has got to be the worst advise I’ve seen in a while. If you don’t have any real knowledge on a topic, it’s probably best to refrain from giving advise on it.

Increasing Testosterone is likely the last thing this kid should worry about.[/quote]

What part of my post is the worst? That we have shit in this world working against the T-levels of everyone, including teenage boys? That maybe, perhaps, with all this same shit, that the important T-levels of today’s youth may not be what it should, compared to a few generations ago? What do you think is more harmful, the zeno-, phyto- and Lord-only-knows-what-other estrogens in our current environment and the effects they cause, or the OTC supps that may help to do what nature is trying to do?

People come here for a unique perspective and advice that is a little more informed than the usual rigamaroo they find with naive family and friends, but that seems to be all you are able to afford.

The stupidity of recommending such products to 15 year olds

You’re 15 years old, the last thing you should be worrying about is a test-booster, natural or not. A whey protein blend to supplement your diet (this is why they are called supplements) should be top priority, and a post-workout recovery drink like Surge.

Even though it seems to be like TRIBEX would be safe, don’t you guys think there are better ways for him to go about spending his money? (ie more food, protein, maybe creatine, etc)

Get your diet, sleeping habits, and recovery methods in check first. This should be all you need at your age!

[quote]Galvatron wrote:

What part of my post is the worst? That we have shit in this world working against the T-levels of everyone, including teenage boys? That maybe, perhaps, with all this same shit, that the important T-levels of today’s youth may not be what it should, compared to a few generations ago? What do you think is more harmful, the zeno-, phyto- and Lord-only-knows-what-other estrogens in our current environment and the effects they cause, or the OTC supps that may help to do what nature is trying to do?

People come here for a unique perspective and advice that is a little more informed than the usual rigamaroo they find with naive family and friends, but that seems to be all you are able to afford.[/quote]

I would like to take this opportunity to answer some of your questions:

you: What part of my post is the worst?

me: where do i begin?

you: we have shit in this world working against the T-levels of everyone, including teenage boys? That maybe, perhaps, with all this same shit, that the important T-levels of today’s youth may not be what it should, compared to a few generations ago?

me: right, improved nutrition, updated medical science, and improved living conditions (i.e. not halfing to walk up-hill both ways to school, with one shoe, only to have to walk back home with the one shoe, to give to your brother, so he could walk uphill to school with the shoe, just before he boiled it to get his daily recommended protein requirement…) have threatened todays youth’s testosterone levels.

me: wait, where were we?

you: you were telling me about stuff

me: oh yeah, sorry.

you: People come here for a unique perspective and advice that is a little more informed than the usual rigamaroo

me: Ok…I am not really sure what rigamaroo is, but I like the sound of it. It might be a nice compliment to some whole-wheat rigatoni. As far as the advice…it is being given. This place is a haven of sound advice. No particular offense to you or anything, but if you are 15 and using t-boosters - well, you are probably not on the right track.

You: I like tranny’s.

me: that may be the case, but anyway, I will qualify my statement by saying that unless you have exhausted, or at least fully embraced for a significant period of time, the eat-sleep-lift-eat-some-more-lifestyle…at 15, t-boosters won’t do much for you.