Test and Bodyfat Controlled by Same Genes

Interesting study from Belgium, which found that testosterone levels and low body fat are controlled by many of the same genes. This could also explain the correlation between low testosterone and heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. If anything, this is reason enough to do more research into the genetic basis for testosterone, as well as the benefits of higher levels of testosterone, which may allow treatment for levels higher than the arbitrary 300 ng/dL.

[quote]frank29 wrote:
If anything, this is reason enough to do more research into the genetic basis for testosterone[/quote]

That’s right. So it can be stamped out, the evil drug that it is.

Treatment for levels higher than 300 ng/dL???

FUUUUUUUCK NO!

I LIKE being a high testosterone guy. “Normal” goes all the way up to 1200 ng/dL -ish.

300 ng/dL is only normal for old men and retirees.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
300 ng/dL is only normal for old men and retirees.[/quote]
Yeah, well you’d best realize that if the war on testosterone has it’s way, YOU are going to be that low test guy, like it or not!!…As a famous American once intoned…"Forbid it almighty God! As for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"…

I know, ugh. Well, if I could beat sense into every politician that thought this way we might have some luck. Unfortunately, I think that MIGHT reinforce bad stereotypes, even though I’m still natural. I don’t think they’d be smart enough to figure things out.

Mines 3600…is that bad? lol :stuck_out_tongue:

if it was then you would have a picture of yourself in your avatar…! :wink:

gotta keep a low profile brook, be smart! :stuck_out_tongue:

The change in my doctors voice was priceless btw.

Umm, well we had some very very weird results on your hormone test.