Test Alone vs. Test + HGC

Hi. I’ve been lurking for quite a while and have learned a great deal about HRT thanks to the great members here.

I have one question to start…

For those who have done TRT and then added HGC to the mix, what differences did you see/feel? I know that scientifically speaking, the HGC will get your testes working again, but did you notice anything physically? Did it help you lose fat around the midsection? Did it help with joing soreness? What about muscle mass?

I am very close to ‘making the leap’ into HRT, and want to know if I should request HCG.

Thanks again!

HCG helps the testes work again to some degree so they don’t get too small.

There are many other benefits (side-chain cleavage, pregnenolone)…all buried in many posts here, please use the search function.

Finally, in some men it will increase Estrogen created in the testes, requiring more aromatase inhibition to counteract that.

Hope you find a good doctor to guide you with your TRT.

BD

Before the addition of HCG to my T shots, my volume had decreased to just drops it seemed, and then with the HCG it seemed like I was 17 again. I am more focused with the HCG than w/o, and I have tested the difference. I am less scatter brained with the HCG it seems.

My Total T levels went up significantly with the addition of HCG, as well as my E2 levels. There seems to have been a slight loss of mid-section fat, but it could have also been from the increased T levels, and the now medically decreased E2 levels.

Some guys get shrunken achy testes, and some don’t, so you never know…
Good luck finding a forward thinking doctor, as many are reluctant to give HCG due to all the people using it for weight loss.

hCG does not cause fat loss. Pregnant women have huge amounts of hCG.

hcG is NOT just to keep the testes from atrophy.

The testes are the bodies main supply of pregnenolone, an important neuro steroid and parent steroid, and androstenedione.

Note that hcG activates many LH receptors throughout the body as well.

hcG should be the main staple and supply of testosterone for someone on HRT.

hcG is the base. It maximizes what your body is capable of making, in terms of testosterone.

T is the supplementation to add upon what your testes cannot manufacture.

Note that hmG is everything hcG is, and more. Ideally one would want both

hmG?

[quote]NewAtThis wrote:
hmG?[/quote]

You need to learn the search function to utilize this site.

[quote]Wise Guy wrote:
NewAtThis wrote:
hmG?

[/quote]

Hey Wise Guy,
Are you having another bad day?

Give the noobe a break will you? Lighten up, okay?

[quote]KNB wrote:
Wise Guy wrote:
NewAtThis wrote:
hmG?

Hey Wise Guy,

Give the noobe a break will you? Lighten up, okay?[/quote]
Thanks KNB. I guess this brings up another question: Does HRT cause unexplained messageboard rage? LOL

[quote]NewAtThis wrote:
hmG?[/quote]

This was copied and pasted from another of Wiseguy’s posts…

hmG is Human menopausal gonadtropin.

It is an outside source of FSH(follicle stimulating hormone)

hcG acts as an outside source of LH only.

hmG is compounded with hcG already in it, so your getting both LH and FSH combined, just like you would if you were natural.

It is far superior to using hCG alone.

Problems most run into is price and finding a Dr who will script it.

[quote]KNB wrote:
Wise Guy wrote:
NewAtThis wrote:
hmG?

Hey Wise Guy,

Give the noobe a break will you? Lighten up, okay?[/quote]

Ah man, I am totally busted again.

You are right.

Apologies to New Guy.

I’m nursing an injury. I have a nasty cyst on my back that I have to have removed via surgery and I’m just not a happy camper right now.

It’s not easy having high T and being pinned to a chair/couch all day. I’m getting stir crazy.

[quote]NewAtThis wrote:
KNB wrote:
Wise Guy wrote:
NewAtThis wrote:
hmG?

Hey Wise Guy,

Thanks KNB. I guess this brings up another question: Does HRT cause unexplained messageboard rage? LOL

[/quote]

LOL messageboard, road rage, chair rage, home rage, just rage in general

[quote]Caged wrote:
NewAtThis wrote:
hmG?

This was copied and pasted from another of Wiseguy’s posts…

hmG is Human menopausal gonadtropin.

It is an outside source of FSH(follicle stimulating hormone)

hcG acts as an outside source of LH only.

hmG is compounded with hcG already in it, so your getting both LH and FSH combined, just like you would if you were natural.

It is far superior to using hCG alone.

Problems most run into is price and finding a Dr who will script it. [/quote]

Thank you Caged!

[quote]Wise Guy wrote:
NewAtThis wrote:
KNB wrote:
Wise Guy wrote:
NewAtThis wrote:
hmG?

Hey Wise Guy,

LOL messageboard, road rage, chair rage, home rage, just rage in general [/quote]

No problem, bud. I’ve been on messageboards before and know how annoying it is when people ask the same questions everyday. You’re absolutely correct. I should have used the search function.

I certainly don’t want to make any enemies here. I’m about to start HRT (I have my consult later in the week)and I’m going to need all the friends I can get. I’m sure I’ll be seeking a lot of advice.

Thanks again.

There is a lot of info on here, read all you can. It will save you a lot of problems up front to be an informed patient.

[quote]rfish1966 wrote:
There is a lot of info on here, read all you can. It will save you a lot of problems up frot to be an informed patient.[/quote]

Would you say there are a few important questions that I should ask right up front before deciding to go with this guy? I don’t want to waste two months and then realize that he’s not going to provide what I want.

Tell him your symptoms and get bloodwork done, based on those numbers the guys here can be very helpful on what to ask. KSman always has good advice as well as several others on here.

Make sure you use the “ADAM Questionnaire” if you haven’t already. Answer yes to more than 5 of the 10 questions, take it with you and it should be fairly easy to persuade the doc to help you properly.

KNB is right, had I used that myself I would have saved a lot of time with my doctors.

[quote]NewAtThis wrote:

Thanks again.
[/quote]

No prob, and by all means fire questions away.

Also, check your PM.