Tesla Motors

Does anyone on here actually have the newer model S? I’m curious about the autonomous driving feature and how well it actually controls currently. Spending up to 20hrs a week on the road I’ve been waiting to be able to at least free up a few hours of freeway time. It’s pretty awesome that the hardware is all there on newer models and that they are releasing the software to update the driver less functionality.

Can they deliver ? Also like the new upgrade to the front fascia.

Anyone else reserve a Model 3?

Doc, I sold all my shares at 255 figuring all the good news was in and price would fall. Share price has held strong since then, what do you think, be patient or get back in?

I am glad to report that Hyperloop had it’s first successful test yesterday, reaching 400mph in just 2 seconds.

Saw one of the SUVs at a BBQ place Sunday in Houston. First time I’ve seen any Tesla outside of California. I have to admit it was pretty. There were a couple of guys taking pictures of it.

How is that a “test” of the Hyperloop (serious question)? I thought the HL manipulated air pressure in the tube for reduced resistance. Do you know what the propulsion used here was?

Not entirely sure, but if it can reach 400mph in 2 seconds in ambient atmosphere, in a low pressure tube it should do pretty well. The prototype is expecting to be done by the end of this year, and the full thing done by 2020.

1 Like

This is REALLY good. Its a one hour twenty minute watch and I might just watch again. Interview with Andrea James, former analyst who covered Tesla. She’s cute, super smart and full of geeky enthusiasm. I’d bang.

Anyone (else) put in a reservation for the Model 3?

http://gas2.org/2016/10/13/eu-mandates-electric-car-chargers-new-homes-2019/

“The European Union has just approved regulations requiring that an electric car charger be included in every new and renovated home and all apartment buildings starting in 2019”

Another step toward electric cars being the norm. The only trend I see as being more of a certainty for our future is auto-pilot.

Btw, I’m starting to see Model X’s here and there. Several weeks ago I saw none while visiting Southern California but since I’ve seen 3 in my isolated town of Spokane WA. I also saw one, up close and personal, a couple weeks ago in St. George Utah. I like the S better but you’ve got to respect the utility of the Model X and how it will do zero to 60 in under 4 seconds while keeping you as safe as in your mommy’s womb.

(Facepalm)

BTW - Another Tesla announcement coming tomorrow and also on Oct 28 which is a collaboration between Tesla and Solar City. Stay tuned.

Holy shit, the new upgrade allows for the car to be fully autonomous. All cars from here on out will have the autonomous hardware built into the car coming off the assembly line.

Go to 11:07 to see a Model X drive and park by itself.

Tesla announces Powerwall 2.0 and solar roof.

Very cool stuff. Twice again Tesla stepping into a new industry and immediately leap frogging the competition. Roofing and solar.

If they can truly make these solar tiles financially worth while for homeowners, this is a game changer. Imagine, every new house and every new roof…

As a Tesla investor, I’m not a big fan of the Solar City deal though. I think it could be great if it doesn’t drag them down but I like to play it a little safer. Solar City is insolvent and this deal is largely a bail-out.

The upside potential is amazing though. We maybe on the edge of a tipping point of a social and a energy revolution that could usher in prosperity like we’ve never seen before.

Back to the autonomous capabilities they are now offering. I’m very excited about it but the 8K price tag is a bit shocking. It knocks the price tag on my car up from 35K to 43K. I was thinking about getting the all-wheel drive option but that idea is dead now. There’s no way I’ll pony up more on top of the 43 thousand.

Getting the full autonomy is a bit of a gamble. A gamble that eventually I’ll be able to have my car drop me off for work then go home for my wife to drive and then come back and be waiting for me right out front when I get off work. Or, be out making money for me in a ride sharing service at night or while I’m at work. I’m pretty optimistic about this happening so I’m getting the autonomy package.