Terry Crews Natty

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

I rebutted with the fact that I’m a non-athlete schoolteacher and never a NFL football player but I didn’t get any sympathy from him.[/quote]

If you want your legs/weak body parts to grow just hang around downtown Houston and drink the magical water there. Also make sure you consume Kool-aid and fried chicken postworkout.

After a few days you will automatically be one hard cut away from being an NPC-level muscle gorilla.
[/quote]

I see!

[quote]aeyogi wrote:

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Stallone has been notorious for not really training his legs either. Of course you have to realize that these guys are maintaining physiques solely for TV and movies.

The fact that Crews was an actual athlete in his day almost certainly puts him well ahead of “action heroes” who only train the muscles that you see on film. Like Dwayne Johnson, another former athlete, hitting legs is probably ingrained in Terry’s mind, hence they’re still pretty respectable. BUT, they’re not the priority anymore, if they ever were, as performance > appearance for sports.

The pic above is very respectable for a tall actor in my opinion. He’s no bodybuilder, but he’s definitely no Hugh Jackman in the legs department.

S[/quote]

I wonder if muscular actors are actually pressured to keep their legs relatively small. Meatheads like us like thick legs, but I would not be surprised if the general audience finds thick legs “icky”.[/quote]

When’s the last time you saw a male actor’s legs on screen? If these dude’s don’t train legs I’m sure it’s just personal preference and the appeal of creating an impressive torso.

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

I rebutted with the fact that I’m a non-athlete schoolteacher and never a NFL football player but I didn’t get any sympathy from him.[/quote]

If you want your legs/weak body parts to grow just hang around downtown Houston and drink the magical water there. Also make sure you consume Kool-aid and fried chicken postworkout.

After a few days you will automatically be one hard cut away from being an NPC-level muscle gorilla.
[/quote]

I see!
[/quote]
You won’t see a single soul or striation when it’s dark out.

[quote]aeyogi wrote:
I wonder if muscular actors are actually pressured to keep their legs relatively small. Meatheads like us like thick legs, but I would not be surprised if the general audience finds thick legs “icky”.[/quote]
I don’t think so, but I know for a fact that they ARE discouraged from getting their chest too thick. Not necessarily wide, but the “depth” if you know what I mean. If you have a great big barrel chest, it makes your arms look smaller relatively, and Hollywood is virtually all about just arms and abs of course.

[quote]Nards wrote:
Here are the pics from the movie[/quote]

LOL
I remember back when these pics were first posted and the shitstorm that resulted!

The frame ratio is way off too, which explains his overall thin appearance.

Ah, that thread just reminds me how much of a cunt the good Prof really was.

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
Ah, that thread just reminds me how much of a cunt the good Prof really was.[/quote]

He made some good points.
I’m not throwing out the dentist with the rinsewater.

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
Ah, that thread just reminds me how much of a cunt the good Prof really was.[/quote]

lol

I’m just going to out and say it… for all the shit that Prof. X caught recently… I’m beginning to think that maybe I agree with a few of his points…

I think too many people are too satisfied these days when they haven’t even broken past the stage of newbie gains… I think too many people are too quick to cry genetics when they are hitting their first major plateau…

I think there are benefits to carrying additional body fat for periods of time, but it is a sacrifice most aren’t worth making… the people who claim strength didn’t rise with added body fat… it could have been that, or it could have been a million other variables as I know I have personally experienced periods where I didn’t have everything clicking together and I personally placed the blame on the wrong variable, only to figure out things later on…

I also think that too many people these days are subscribing to their only being one way of doing things… George Leeman still credits Prof. X as being a major influence on him when he was first starting out and, following him on facebook, he even posted recently concerning the merits of bad form only to be flamed… I also think pushing form can have its benefits at times as well…

Whatever… end rant… I think some of the more advanced member shere are justified in their claims, but too many people aren’t even getting started and are far too opinionated on things… see a few posts up…

In general, dude could act a fool from time to time… I can see why it was his time to go…

[quote]MickyGee wrote:
I’m just going to out and say it… for all the shit that Prof. X caught recently… I’m beginning to think that maybe I agree with a few of his points…

I think too many people are too satisfied these days when they haven’t even broken past the stage of newbie gains… I think too many people are too quick to cry genetics when they are hitting their first major plateau…

I think there are benefits to carrying additional body fat for periods of time, but it is a sacrifice most aren’t worth making… the people who claim strength didn’t rise with added body fat… it could have been that, or it could have been a million other variables as I know I have personally experienced periods where I didn’t have everything clicking together and I personally placed the blame on the wrong variable, only to figure out things later on…

I also think that too many people these days are subscribing to their only being one way of doing things… George Leeman still credits Prof. X as being a major influence on him when he was first starting out and, following him on facebook, he even posted recently concerning the merits of bad form only to be flamed… I also think pushing form can have its benefits at times as well…

Whatever… end rant… I think some of the more advanced member shere are justified in their claims, but too many people aren’t even getting started and are far too opinionated on things… see a few posts up…[/quote]

Good post.

[quote]CLINK wrote:

[quote]MickyGee wrote:

Whatever… end rant… I think some of the more advanced member shere are justified in their claims, but too many people aren’t even getting started and are far too opinionated on things… see a few posts up…[/quote]

Good post.[/quote]
Best post

[quote]MickyGee wrote:

I could say a few things about him, but every time I state facts about this certain individual, they get deleted.

Professor X has made a difference in my lift just by sharing his thoughts in writing on this site. If anyone wants a point of reference, just read through his old posts from several years ago.

I understand this is individual and others may have their own opinions, so feel free to disagree and move on.

That is all.

I think people misunderstand the point I made.

It’s not his methods or what he achieved I disliked, I actually agreed with a large many of the things he said and he was huge.

However, he was a cunt.

1 Like

From here on out, every thread about a black guy must turn into a discussion about Professor X.

It has been written.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
From here on out, every thread about a black guy must turn into a discussion about Professor X.

It has been written. [/quote]

Terry Crews is black?

I just thought he always had a stage tan.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

It has been written. [/quote]

that’s racist!

Nah, I feels you… dude could be a dick… lol

My main point is just on the whole internet bodybuilding scene in general… so many people so critical of how others do things… like ibnhama posting up his squat videos a while back and people telling him his form was atrocious… while he was apparently one of the top lifters in his class already… you can see his most recent lifts pretty high up in the Powerlifting forum currently… I agree with a lot of what the p3nwisher says on ROM training after witnessing it first-hand raise my squat from a very long plateau by just… check this… not being so anal about depth like half the members on this forum… too many people acting like their way is the only way and, I bet, if they stepped back and were a bit more open-minded to trying new things… they would find new growth…

This is why I routinely find myself rotating periods of frequency, volume, intensity, good form vs. less good form (lol) and, honestly, fuck what most people say… I’m done b/c I still have a long way to go…

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
I think people misunderstand the point I made.

It’s not his methods or what he achieved I disliked, I actually agreed with a large many of the things he said and he was huge.

However, he was a cunt.

[/quote]