Terrorist Attack - World Trade Center & Pentagon

This is a fucked up day, right here. I am in school in NY right now, and almost everyone on campus is tweaking out. The casualties for this sickness are going to be huge. Some fucker is going to pay, and you know this, man! I’m not religious, but my prayers go out to those who are affected by today’s horrible events. Down with terrorists!!! May they fry!

This is a very terrible occurrence in what is essentially yet another “episode” of Islam vs. The West. The muslim countries chafe under the power of the United States, and they hate our asses. They hate us for helping Israel, who happens to be the only democracy in the region. So there should be no surprise that this happened, because this sort of mouth-watering incident is just the kind of things that a large number of muslims pray for on a daily basis. It finally happened. THe question is, are we going to flex our American muscle and cause some hurt in return? I hope so. It’s time we wake up and smell the coffee; this kind of shit goes on on a smaller scale in Israel every single day. Time for something drastic.

I don’t know what to say yet. As a pastor, people expect me always to have something to say, but what can one say in the face of such an enormity? Some things are best met with silence; maybe this is one of them. I have scheduled a service for this evening, the Office to the Lord God Sung Against Adversaries Fighting Against Us. It seems appropriate. If there’s a church service near you, go, if not for yourself, then for others who may need your support. Some from my congregation have called me in tears today, alone & scared. Perhaps someone needs you, too. T-Men should be strong; go lend your strength to a neighbor. Try to turn loose of your anger; now is the time to let your heart be wounded with the pain of others, to grieve with those who grieve. God help us, but there will be plenty of time for anger later.

The Pearl Harbor comparison is apt - this one is ours; let’s hope we can live up to our obligations with courage and dignity.

For the vast majority of us who are not directly involved (military, airport security, and the like), our priorities are to grief, both for the loss of life, and for our own loss of innocence - we will never be the same again. We must bury our dead and mourn their passing. We must care for our injured, and walk together through this time of pain and sorrow.

There are no words to convey the totality of evil that was conjured today. The time for retribution will arrive in due course, and when it does it will be unrelenting and inevitable. As much as we might like, most of us will play no direct part in this.

What we can do is not become like those we seek, and instead be part of a community worthy of those who have and will sacrfice on our behalf.

Peace.

This is unfuckingbelievable. I hope we get these bastards and kill them all so something like this can never happen again. I hope no-one has friends or family that were victim to this tragedy. I had to get in touch with a few friends that live or work in NY, so far everyone is OK. This is happening close to home, I’m in NJ about 30min from Manhatten. You could actually hear and see the fighter jets flying overhead.

My first reaction as an American was terrible saddness. My first reaction as a man was a desire to help somehow and a great feeling of helplessness. My first reaction as a Marine was anger and a desire to exact bloody revenge. My first reaction as an attorney was to attempt to remain calm and to analyze why such a tragedy would occur. My first reaction as a Jew, upon hearing that Palestinians were cheering in the streets, was ugly and racist and cannot be repeated here.

What has happened today is a vile cowardly act. But, as citizens of the United States of America, we must not let our anger and deep-seated bigotry cloud our judgment. I urge you, all of you, not to jump to conclusions as who is (or are) responsible. We will learn those details shortly. I urge you not to treat out Arab-American breathren badly. I urge you to quell you rage and desire for revenge and dampen the any bigotry the burns within you.

We will determine who is responsible. Revenge will be taken, I have no doubt – the rules by which the U.S. plays will change. But now is the time to heal. Remember, the saying, “Revenge is a dish best served cold.”

Sincerely,

Matthew A. Levy

A friend of mine is living and working in Manhattan. Luckily, he called to let everyone know that he is okay. I have family in Massachusettes, and luckily, none of them were traveling today. I have an uncle who travels a lot and cousins in Boston who do the same. All good news on this end. My prayers go out to everyone else. Today is the craziest day of my life. I never would have thought I would have lived to see something like this in America. And I hope that fellow Americans don’t get out of line. I know that there will be rioting and looting going on if any cities go on lockdown or have all their medical and police personnel attending to other matters. If that happens, I will begin to lose my faith in fellow Americans. No new news to report at this time. Everything that has been said is pretty much up-to-date. If you get to see footage of this on the news, you will be astonished. The plane crashing into the second Trade Center Building is something you would think would only happen in a movie. Crazy, just crazy. Be good fellow T-maggers.

yes this is very terrible. I too would like to see just done. However, we are left with a faceless, nameless enemy. No group or nation is going to claim this as they know it would be a death sentence. I hope this does not turn out similar to the USS Cole incident were the masterminds were never punished.

On a side note-do we rebuild the towers over the next 5-6years as an act of defiance and undying will? The NYC skyline will be empty without them.
My best to all involved…

i had been listening to the reports on the radio all morning long, but i don’t guess the reality of this event really sunk in until i saw the actual footage of the towers collapsing. i was absolutely sick and had to sit down as i watched each of the towers buckle and begin their decscent. when you sit and listen to the events unfold you quickly become detached and numb to the realities of what has just taken place. but make no mistake this event has forever changed the course of world history. just like that, in a matter of moments, the world that we live in will never be the same again. i don’t think i will be sleeping very well for the forseeable future. this truly is a sad day for us all. kevo

This “Day of Terror” is completely unbeleiveable. I will remember sitting on my coach as I watched the 1st Tower crumble and then looking at the clock (~7:25) for the rest of my life. People talk about the where they were, what they were doing ect… the day Kennedy was shot. I think the Kennedy incident pails in comparison to the events taken place today. In fact, I believe this more unprecendented than Pearl Harborl; with all this supposed technology and regulation you would think we are immune to this sort of thing… we are not. When I am an old “T”-Man I will remeber this day as probably the most significant event in my life.

Also, being Jewish, it’s hard setting aside my bigotry. However, we need to be careful, exacting, calculating and complete in our retaliation.

…Let’s hope G.W. will live up to the expectations set by his father and kicketh some ass.

I was blown away. No one does this to the United States. Whoever is responsible for this will have his nuts cut off and fed to him I’m sure. How can someone be that demented that they get up in the morning and excitedly say “Yes! Today is the day I get to kill myself and 10000 other people for absolutely nothing!” However, it would seem that the terrorists are not without a sense of humor as they struck on the day 9/11 or 911. I was pissed off the whole day. America is thirsty for vengeance and I hope we can quench it to our fullest satisfaction.

9/11 is also the anniversary of the Camp David peace accords…

This is perhaps a good time to point out that terrorist acts occur only against governments – not against individuals or companies. This is because only governments claim for themselves rights above common law, and then use those rights to meddle in the affairs of others. If politicians want to prevent horrific acts of terrorism like this one from happening again, they should resign right now. Of course, that won’t happen. As it is, the inevitable US retaliation and further meddling with other nations will serve only to exacerbate resentment, and thus promote future acts of terrorism on a far more ambitious scale.

Uncle Sam’s hands are stained red with blood of the very people he claims to protect. Death to both him and the terrorists responsible for the hijackings.

The Charlottesville crash I mentioned earlier
was in fact NOT correct. The other 5 have
been confirmed.

In this day of horror, I wish to ask each of us to join in prayer for the victims and their families of these attacks. It is obvious that our world has been infiltrated by adversaries and sadly our walk in life will never be the same. The surreal images will never be forgotten. Naturally we all feel the need for the stern hand of retribution against the cowards who did this. I have faith that the responsible parties will be uncovered and dealt with the utmost resolve. Through this time, I urge all to remain calm and join forces in helping those affected.

May God be with all of us.

In faith,

Coach Davies

No Mike, the blood is not on the hands of Uncle Sam, it is on the hands of the cowards who would kill what is likely thousands of innocent Americans. You say that terrorism is not possible against individuals, but only against governments. Bullshit. Ask the families, individuals, of those who have perished or were injured today, whether terrorism is possible against individuals. Your politcal agenda is unwarranted, grossly unsympathetic, callous and wholly out of place. Shame on you.

I’m calling out Osama Bin Laden. That’s right you cowardly prick, you and me, one on one. No guns, C4 or airplanes for that matter. You wanna fuck with America, the greatest country in the world? Bring it on, any American, one on one will whip your Arab ass into eternity. I’ll personally take the opportunity to introduce you to my 6’ 205lb pissed off American Made T-Man Body. Bitch

To T-Rev (and others), there is one message that you could give your listeners. If we respond properly, our children will inherit a future in which people of power do not make decisions out of the savagery of anger, but rather grasp their righteousness in order to respond compassionately to those who have been hurt, and justly–morally, legally–to those who are monstrous. So at the very least, our children will be able to see our nation’s leaders respond in ways that are restorative, not merely an exchange of traded brutality.

Just remind people that the purpose of religion is often to compel people to embrace righteousness in spite of what their emotional gut instincts suggest, and that vengeance is something important here, but in a form which is directed by morality, not savagery.

When I said terrorism occurs against governments, I of course meant it is directed at achieving political goals. I did not mean that innocent people do not suffer. They do. However, their suffering is a direct and necessary consequence of the existence of government.

I have no political agenda, since I do not believe in the legitimacy of any form of government. My apoligical agenda is social reform through education. And this incident is a perfect (albeit painful) example that I hope will further that end.

Very few people are happy about what happened, Matt. That goes without saying. But instead of singling out the button pushers, you should look at all those who share responsibility – including good old Uncle Sam. Other nations are angry at the USA for a reason.

Screel, that was just stupid and childish. YOu want to go and beat him up? Your right, Im sure Bin laden reads the forum