Terrified

I am probably the most scared I have ever been in my entire life.

I don’t know what I did to my back. Regardless I know an injury from pain and this is an injury. Pain fires out from the center of my back and all the way around my my sides. It feels hard to breathe and flexing my thigh up sends shooting pains firing through my back.

It feels like I still have the weight I was squatting on my back. I didn’t even squat I just unracked it and immediately reracked it because of the pain that followed. Has anybody else had something similar? Could this be a herniated disc or slipped disc?

I am going to see a doctor and then most likely a chiropractor or accupuncterist. I don’t expect you to give me a full diagnosis over this thread but I’d like to know what I could be in for.

[quote]fallout188 wrote:
I am probably the most scared I have ever been in my entire life.

I don’t know what I did to my back. Regardless I know an injury from pain and this is an injury. Pain fires out from the center of my back and all the way around my my sides. It feels hard to breathe and flexing my thigh up sends shooting pains firing through my back.

It feels like I still have the weight I was squatting on my back. I didn’t even squat I just unracked it and immediately reracked it because of the pain that followed. Has anybody else had something similar? Could this be a herniated disc or slipped disc?

I am going to see a doctor and then most likely a chiropractor or accupuncterist. I don’t expect you to give me a full diagnosis over this thread but I’d like to know what I could be in for.[/quote]

Maybe it’s a pinched nerve? Does that count as pain or an injury?

Sounds like what I did to myself in Jan or Feb of this year. See a good chiropractor ASAP. I put it off for too long and it cost me months of progress in the gym.

Mine was a thoracic injury. It hurt like hell but was easy to fix. I did it while front squatting, and then again a few months later by doing bent-over rows.

[quote]OneEye wrote:
Sounds like what I did to myself in Jan or Feb of this year. See a good chiropractor ASAP. I put it off for too long and it cost me months of progress in the gym.

Mine was a thoracic injury. It hurt like hell but was easy to fix. I did it while front squatting, and then again a few months later by doing bent-over rows.[/quote]

Well the doctor says I have lost the curve in my thoracic spine because of my muscles were spasiming so hard. Is this what you had?

I’ve been foam rolling it and it’s more painful the first time I foam rolled it which was pretty painful.

I do have a note from the doctor for a visit to chiropractor which I think I’ll be taking soon. Either that or accupuncter.

[quote]fallout188 wrote:
OneEye wrote:

Mine was a thoracic injury. It hurt like hell but was easy to fix. I did it while front squatting, and then again a few months later by doing bent-over rows.

Well the doctor says I have lost the curve in my thoracic spine because of my muscles were spasiming so hard. Is this what you had?[/quote]

Sounds just like what my chiro told me.

[quote]I’ve been foam rolling it and it’s more painful the first time I foam rolled it which was pretty painful.

I do have a note from the doctor for a visit to chiropractor which I think I’ll be taking soon. Either that or accupuncter. [/quote]

I’d go to a chiro first. The guy I saw took care of me and the pain was gone after 2 visits. Took a while to get comfortable with squatting a heavy weight, though, because my back felt weak whenever I got under the bar. Deadlifting wasn’t as bad, and most of my other lifts were affected minimally.

For this “scary chit” go to several different doctors, let them make an independant examination.

Don’t tell any info any other doctor has provided.

See what comes of it and see who oyu have most confidense in for this activity.

Thanks for the info Oneeye. I will definitely be going to see a chiropractor in the next few days after my finals are done.

Hope it doesn’t keep me out of the gym for long.

DJrobins, can chiropractors diagnose injuries, or are they only able to treat them? This might cut down my time away from the gym.