Terrible Form

ok so today at the gym i watched my self in the mirror for the first time on deads and realized my legs are hardly bent at all, and when i try to get down for leg drive i just cant it doesnt happen, my back is pretty flat which is good i pull conventinal and am almost 6’ 5’’

Have you tried experimenting with your grip placement? I’m 6’2" and typically have to go to the rings to get my ass low before a pull.

I also mix it up with Sumo Deads…

Ya I have to say Sumo Deads have really help me get my ass down. I’m not nearly as tall, but it has helped. I would also try concentric squats. You have to get down in order to just start the damn thing.

By the way there is a thread somewhere on here where a poster offered to help with pointers specifically for deadlifting if you provide pics/video.

i dont have a video camera :frowning: i can tell u my back goes below parralel to ground to get down, i think ill alternate each week with sumo deads? see how that goes

don’t get too down on yourself. I’ve seen many deadlifter that don’t bend their legs a lot when they deadlift.

try pulling the bar back into you as you initiate the pull. i always tell people it’s a pull not a stand up:)

haha thanks, i feel like this: Deadlift 405,425,430kg - YouTube less rounded back and a little more bent over but i guess that just might be how i am

[quote]bignate wrote:
haha thanks, i feel like this: Deadlift 405,425,430kg - YouTube less rounded back and a little more bent over but i guess that just might be how i am
[/quote]

i’ve found that there’s really only one constant- don’t allow the lower back to round. everything else seems to be individual. if it works for you and you are getting strong… keep doing it.

sounds good, my back actually felt really good yesterday as this is the first time ive dl in a few months due to back injury, i think ive always pulled like this, well see what can be done

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:
don’t get too down on yourself. I’ve seen many deadlifter that don’t bend their legs a lot when they deadlift.
[/quote]

Now who would do something like that? Absurd. :wink: