T Nation

Terrell Owens

He may be a shitty teammate and I’m sure he’s genetics have helped, but I don’t think he just rolled out of bed like that. Say what you want about the guy, but as a guy who’s also in the 6’3"-6’4" range, he’s got the physique that I’m aspiring to.

I gotta work on my tan though…

It could just be that hes trying to make his traps look bigger, but in todays PI, his shoulder looks rolled forward a ridiculous amount.

I remember reading an article in SI about how his training is done using only 3 sets of 10 and 8. I believe he fired his PT after the OD situation, but I’m pretty sure it had nothing to do with his training methods. If it works for him, more power to him, but any normal athlete wouldn’t prosper with a plan like his.

As for yesterday, I blame Bledsoe.

[quote]he’s got the physique that I’m aspiring to.quote]

I guess you want no calves then.

TO trains like an insane person, and from what i’ve heard eats very clean.

He is an emotionally troubled cat, virtually no real friends, or associates.

?

TO’s going on 33 now. He works harder than anybody in the NFL. It’s probably that same insanity that makes him a horrible teammate, but he works so goddamn hard… he came out of a college that nobody heard of I don’t even know if he was drafted. I don’t want him on the Giants but he’s incredible when he’s healthy.

[quote]keylolo wrote:
he’s got the physique that I’m aspiring to.

I guess you want no calves then.

[/quote]

Yes, I suppose I could live with shitty calves if the rest of my physique was like that.

BTW, TO went to Tennessee-Chatnooga (certainly a no-name school), but I believe he was drafted in the 3rd round.

[quote]keylolo wrote:
he’s got the physique that I’m aspiring to.quote]

I guess you want no calves then.

[/quote]

If I was as fast as him I wouldn’t care if I have calves.

I remember reading somewhere that it’s usually the people with “smaller” calves that have more reflexive power poetential. I think it was Kelly Baggets vertical bible.

[quote]WildcatBaseball wrote:
I remember reading an article in SI about how his training is done using only 3 sets of 10 and 8. I believe he fired his PT after the OD situation, but I’m pretty sure it had nothing to do with his training methods. If it works for him, more power to him, but any normal athlete wouldn’t prosper with a plan like his.

As for yesterday, I blame Bledsoe.[/quote]

Bledsoe did suck, that is why the Bills dumped him, but TO short armed at least one.

I was not impressed with TO’s play yesterday, just his mouth.

I was so glad the Eagles shut him down yesterday.

To give him his due, he has an incredible physique and works hard in the off season to maintain his conditioning. That kind of speed and agility combined with his strength is amazing.

When he played for Philly he broke his leg and missed. Came back 5 weeks later and played in the superbowl. The doctor said he needed 8, he said " I heal fast". He sure did. He rehabbed and slept in a hyperbaric chamber to foster the healing. That is committment.

he’s a genetic freak, varsity NCAA athlete in THREE sports…

http://www.jockbio.com/Bios/Owens/Owens_bio.html

[quote]emdawgz1 wrote:
TO trains like an insane person, and from what i’ve heard eats very clean.

He is an emotionally troubled cat, virtually no real friends, or associates.

?[/quote]

he loves Boston Market.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
he’s a genetic freak, varsity NCAA athlete in THREE sports…

http://www.jockbio.com/Bios/Owens/Owens_bio.html[/quote]

He had one f-ed up childhood. I sort of understand how he is the way he is.

He is a physical specimen. He is an amazing player and he had his ass handed to him on a plate by the Eagles. I feel sorry for the Cowboys, the man is wrecking machine for teams he plays for. I wouldn’t want him on the Falcons as the waterboy. I think he should go to the Ravens.

He’s a bum. The only life I saw in him yesterday was on the sideline when he was yelling at his O-line and bitching to the qb coach about Bledsoe

T.O is naturally a thin guy, but has worked his ass off to get where he is. Entering the league he was about 210 around that range but says when he hired his trainer who is now ex trainer buddy primm he say his best gains.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
It could just be that hes trying to make his traps look bigger, but in todays PI, his shoulder looks rolled forward a ridiculous amount.[/quote]

to me it looks like he’s rolling it forward to a) like you said, bring out the traps, and b) flex his right pec, you know, for the ladies

[quote]itsthenickman wrote:
He’s a bum. [/quote]

Think you need a different adjective for what your describing.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
WildcatBaseball wrote:
I remember reading an article in SI about how his training is done using only 3 sets of 10 and 8. I believe he fired his PT after the OD situation, but I’m pretty sure it had nothing to do with his training methods. If it works for him, more power to him, but any normal athlete wouldn’t prosper with a plan like his.

As for yesterday, I blame Bledsoe.

Bledsoe did suck, that is why the Bills dumped him, but TO short armed at least one.
[/quote]

In a big way. Saw Michael Lewis bearing down on him and gave up. He had the reputation for doing that in San Francisco too.