Terminator Salvation - Trailer

^ if the above quote is true we have nothing to worry about. That kind of attitude is what makes great movies.

Badass.

I think it was T2, watching that movie when I was 8 or so, which helped forge my view on ‘no fate.’

[quote]Professor X wrote:

That would make sense since androids aren’t supposed to age.

He’s been in other movies and sitcoms so at least he can act better than Arnold…because…that’s a hard…thing to do.[/quote]

Blasphemer!

What kind of acting do you need for a movie like Conan?

Conan: “KROM!!!” shaking fist at sky angrily

Yes… saw this before Dark Knight… it looks amazing. Hopefully it’ll top the terd called Terminator 3… I trust in Christian Bale.

[quote]Backlash79 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

He’s been in other movies and sitcoms so at least he can act better than Arnold…because…that’s a hard…thing to do.

Blasphemer!

Conan: “KROM!!!” shaking fist at sky angrily[/quote]

LOL.

Yeah, who needs acting skillz?

That worked for him as long as his body did all of the acting for him. That was least effective in the last Terminator movie even though he was in great shape.

In the 80’s, when the first Terminator came out, someone that size was so rare, people shit their pants. By T3, I doubt there were as many jaws on the floor based on his development…which isn’t meant to take anything away from him at all.

Have I written, “T3 sucks” lately?

Backlash79 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

He’s been in other movies and sitcoms so at least he can act better than Arnold…because…that’s a hard…thing to do.

Blasphemer!

LOL.

That worked for him as long as his body did all of the acting for him. That was least effective in the last Terminator movie even though he was in great shape.

In the 80’s, when the first Terminator came out, someone that size was so rare, people shit their pants. By T3, I doubt there were as many jaws on the floor based on his development…which isn’t meant to take anything away from him at all.

Have I written, “T3 sucks” lately?[/quote]

Oooh - never saw it. Thanks for the head’s up since I am headed to Blockbuster in a few.

[quote]Kuz wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Backlash79 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Blasphemer!

LOL.

Oooh - never saw it. Thanks for the head’s up since I am headed to Blockbuster in a few.[/quote]

Not so fast. It certainly isn’t as great as the first two (which is a pretty freaken high bar) and the third act sucked but overall it was entertaining.

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
Kuz wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Backlash79 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Blasphemer!

LOL.

Oooh - never saw it. Thanks for the head’s up since I am headed to Blockbuster in a few.

Not so fast. It certainly isn’t as great as the first two (which is a pretty freaken high bar) and the third act sucked but overall it was entertaining.[/quote]

It was a bunch of explosions and some chick with big boobs in a tight leather outfit the entire movie.

That makes it watchable…but “entertaining” may be pushing it. You could watch this movie with the sound on mute and not miss anything.

NateOrade wrote:
Kuz wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Backlash79 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Blasphemer!

LOL.

Not so fast. It certainly isn’t as great as the first two (which is a pretty freaken high bar) and the third act sucked but overall it was entertaining.

It was a bunch of explosions and some chick with big boobs in a tight leather outfit the entire movie.

That makes it watchable…but “entertaining” may be pushing it. You could watch this movie with the sound on mute and not miss anything.[/quote]

You can make any movie sound much worse than it actually is by reducing it to one sentence. I don’t even understand what muting the movie has to do with anything.

[quote]NateOrade wrote:

You can make any movie sound much worse than it actually is by reducing it to one sentence. I don’t even understand what muting the movie has to do with anything.[/quote]

It was mostly eye candy. I mean, shit, that is the whole reason they used that big ass truck in that chase scene…simply to outdo the truck in T2. The plot was basic and completely destroyed “fate is what we make” from the previous.

the guy playing John Conner sucked also. Admittedly, this is mostly the writer’s fault…but a whiny, weak Conner who gets showed up in how to fire weapons by his future wife? After being raised by someone like his mother?

Not likely.

NateOrade wrote:

You can make any movie sound much worse than it actually is by reducing it to one sentence. I don’t even understand what muting the movie has to do with anything.

It was mostly eye candy. I mean, shit, that is the whole reason they used that big ass truck in that chase scene…simply to outdo the truck in T2. The plot was basic and completely destroyed “fate is what we make” from the previous.

the guy playing John Conner sucked also. Admittedly, this is mostly the writer’s fault…but a whiny, weak Conner who gets showed up in how to fire weapons by his future wife? After being raised by someone like his mother?

Not likely. [/quote]

He’s literally far less whiny than in Judgement Day, and who knows maybe his tough mom emasculated him lol but either way his character being weak doesn’t make the movie bad. In fact if he were tough from the beginning there wouldn’t have been any dynamic between him and the terminator. And no growth either (it looked like he grew some balls at the end in the shelter).

Yes the crane was used to one-up the truck…and the truck in Judgment Day was used to one-up the chases in the original. However you could also look at it as a representation of terminators not being so bright and always opting for brute force.

And yes tossing the fate theme is a kick in the teeth.

That makes it watchable…but “entertaining” may be pushing it. You could watch this movie with the sound on mute and not miss anything.[/quote]

I disagree - I know a lot of people hate T3, but I thought it was pretty worthy of the franchise overall.

Mostow did a good job on 3. Being a huge James Cameron fan, I was skeptical about a new director, but it was very worthy of the series.

I found that they really respected the source material, and all the little nods and touches to the mythology were great - the first prototypes of the HK’s and Terminators in the Skynet facility, some iconic moments like the realization that Judgement Day is inevitable - and at the end when they ask “Who’s in charge there?” and Connor says (with a lot of gravity) “I am”.

I thought the script was very well written, clever and also really dove-tailed into the overall series nicely. Even the Terminatrix’s mission to take out Connor’s Generals and military advisors - while they’re all still in High School - was cool and well thought out.

In short, even as a huge Cameron fan, I loved what Jonathan Mostow did with T3.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
Professor X wrote:

That makes it watchable…but “entertaining” may be pushing it. You could watch this movie with the sound on mute and not miss anything.

I disagree - I know a lot of people hate T3, but I thought it was pretty worthy of the franchise overall.

Mostow did a good job on 3. Being a huge James Cameron fan, I was skeptical about a new director, but it was very worthy of the series.

I found that they really respected the source material, and all the little nods and touches to the mythology were great - the first prototypes of the HK’s and Terminators in the Skynet facility, some iconic moments like the realization that Judgement Day is inevitable - and at the end when they ask “Who’s in charge there?” and Connor says (with a lot of gravity) “I am”.

I thought the script was very well written, clever and also really dove-tailed into the overall series nicely. Even the Terminatrix’s mission to take out Connor’s Generals and military advisors - while they’re all still in High School - was cool and well thought out.

[/quote]

With that said…you can never come over to my house to play Madden again.

You don’t bring food anyway.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
Professor X wrote:

[/quote]

I agree with all this.

The biggest flaws were:

1. The showdown at the military base. This just sucked period. Pretty much everything about it was wrong.

2. Having a hot chick as the villain. The T-1000 was fucking scary. The TX was too hot to be scary.

3. A bunch of other stuff that’s nitpicking like vehicles operating on their own…they don’t do that.

I thought T3 was entertaining, but it was definitely the weakest of the movies. If I was giving grades, I’d give T1 and T2 A’s, but T3 would get a C.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
I thought T3 was entertaining, but it was definitely the weakest of the movies. If I was giving grades, I’d give T1 and T2 A’s, but T3 would get a C.[/quote]

Yeah that’s about right.

And anyone who saw it in the theaters has to admit the crane chase ruled. I read they built an entire length of street with storefronts and everything and broke one of the cranes - and that Arnold personally paid for one building to be destroyed because he just couldn’t leave that out lol.

With that said…you can never come over to my house to play Madden again.

You don’t bring food anyway.[/quote]

If I brought enough food for you, and me, I’d be fucking broke.

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
I thought T3 was entertaining, but it was definitely the weakest of the movies. If I was giving grades, I’d give T1 and T2 A’s, but T3 would get a C.

Yeah that’s about right.

And anyone who saw it in the theaters has to admit the crane chase ruled. I read they built an entire length of street with storefronts and everything and broke one of the cranes - and that Arnold personally paid for one building to be destroyed because he just couldn’t leave that out lol.[/quote]

Yeah, I saw it with a group of friends in the theater and we all loved that scene. I remember us all walking out after it was over thinking it was awesome. Then, you get over that initial wow factor and start to realize the movie’s flaws.

I’d agree with that - Of course 3 is not as good as the first two, and personally, for me T2 is the untouchable masterpiece.

I do love the original, but it felt pretty low budget and the acting was pretty shitty all around - Linda Hamilton is MUCH better in T2 (when she’s crying, describing the nuclear war - I thought that was good. Plus, greatest line ever “DROP THE SHIT!!!”) But, the style and substance really transcends the budget, and the original Terminator is one amazing, effective, and atmospheric sci-fi film.

I love T2 because it feels much more epic than the first one. Plus, I loved the idea of the T-800 being reprogrammed to protect Connor as a kid.

“Who sent you?”

“You did. 35 years from now, you reprogrammed me to be your protector here, in this time.”

AWESOME!!

Plus, I liked Furlong’s acting in this - he played the part well I thought. So much good stuff in T2.

But I will admit - Arnold blowing away an entire police station in the first one is incredible!