T Nation

Terminator Salvation - Trailer

Here it is!

Sweet!

That’s another trailer where that’s all I need to see until the movie comes out.

Cool!

At what point is the movie supposed to be?

Is it the Beginning of the “War With the Machines”, after Skynett has released nukes on the World?

Thanks!

Mufasa

(nerdgasm)

I love the “this is not the future” quote. Reintegrates the “no fate” concept from 1 and 2.

As I have said b4 there is no better time to be a geek.

This is going to be good!!

Christian Bale is a fantastic pick too. The more I see of him in movies, the more blown away I am by him. If you have not seen “The Prestige”, I recommend it. Did not do great at the box office, but very well done (and it has Scarlett Johansen).

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Cool!

At what point is the movie supposed to be?

Is it the Beginning of the “War With the Machines”, after Skynett has released nukes on the World?

Thanks!

Mufasa[/quote]

I believe that’s the general idea of the movie.

[quote]Kuz wrote:
Christian Bale is a fantastic pick too. The more I see of him in movies, the more blown away I am by him. If you have not seen “The Prestige”, I recommend it. Did not do great at the box office, but very well done (and it has Scarlett Johansen).[/quote]

I completely agree with you!

jpb

sniff

It’s not Terminator without Arnold!!!

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
sniff

It’s not Terminator without Arnold!!![/quote]

I just heard on the radio this morning that Roland Kickinger will be playing Arnold’s role in T4.

I guess that’s as close as they could get, being that he’s also an Austrian bodybuilder…

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
NateOrade wrote:
sniff

It’s not Terminator without Arnold!!!

I just heard on the radio this morning that Roland Kickinger will be playing Arnold’s role in T4.

I guess that’s as close as they could get, being that he’s also an Austrian bodybuilder…[/quote]

Actually I think that’s good news.

Did you see See Arnold Run? Roland played Schwarzenegger in that and I actually forgot I was watching an actor.

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:
NateOrade wrote:
sniff

It’s not Terminator without Arnold!!!

I just heard on the radio this morning that Roland Kickinger will be playing Arnold’s role in T4.

I guess that’s as close as they could get, being that he’s also an Austrian bodybuilder…

Actually I think that’s good news.

Did you see See Arnold Run? Roland played Schwarzenegger in that and I actually forgot I was watching an actor. [/quote]

That would make sense since androids aren’t supposed to age.

He’s been in other movies and sitcoms so at least he can act better than Arnold…because…that’s a hard…thing to do.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
NateOrade wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:
NateOrade wrote:
sniff

It’s not Terminator without Arnold!!!

I just heard on the radio this morning that Roland Kickinger will be playing Arnold’s role in T4.

I guess that’s as close as they could get, being that he’s also an Austrian bodybuilder…

Actually I think that’s good news.

Did you see See Arnold Run? Roland played Schwarzenegger in that and I actually forgot I was watching an actor.

That would make sense since androids aren’t supposed to age.

He’s been in other movies and sitcoms so at least he can act better than Arnold…because…that’s a hard…thing to do.[/quote]

LOL

Arnold may be a terrible actor per se, but he has a screen presence that’s unmatched. I think that was the biggest problem with his final string of crappy movies. He tried to play a normal guy when he’s best as a superhuman.

I think it’s the same deal with Dwayne Johnson (although he does have more acting talent) which is why ideally I think he should be the next terminator.

[quote]NateOrade wrote:

I think it’s the same deal with Dwayne Johnson (although he does have more acting talent) which is why ideally I think he should be the next terminator.[/quote]

A Samoan Terminator? That would be interesting.

I think Dwayne Johnson definitely has considerably more acting talent than Arnold, and brings a similar charisma.

I hope Dwayne sticks with Action movies, instead of cheesy kid comedies.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
NateOrade wrote:

I think it’s the same deal with Dwayne Johnson (although he does have more acting talent) which is why ideally I think he should be the next terminator.

A Samoan Terminator? That would be interesting.

I think Dwayne Johnson definitely has considerably more acting talent than Arnold, and brings a similar charisma.

I hope Dwayne sticks with Action movies, instead of cheesy kid comedies.[/quote]

Johnson’s name had been thrown around for a while as one of the rumored people to be in the next Terminator movie. There were also rumors that Arnold might make a cameo.

I do like they got Roland Kickinger though. How much do you want to bet that people are going to see Roland and argue that it’s Arnold with makeup or cgi to make him look younger?

I also am glad to see that some of the action will be taking place during the day for a change. It seems like every time we were shown a glimpse of the future, it was always at night.

Other than Bale and Kickinger, everything points to this film being bad.

Head of the list is the PG-13 rating. True, f-bombs and nudity do not in and of themselves make a movie great (unless it’s porn) but the fact that it’s obviously being made so for a wider and younger audience is the problem.

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
Other than Bale and Kickinger, everything points to this film being bad.

Head of the list is the PG-13 rating. True, f-bombs and nudity do not in and of themselves make a movie great (unless it’s porn) but the fact that it’s obviously being made so for a wider and younger audience is the problem.[/quote]

I agree with the rating comment, I was bummed when I heard they decided to make it PG-13. I still think it will be pretty good though.

I heard that they shot that down. The film will be R rated.

I think this looks great. I always said if they’re going to do anything else with the franchise, show the future war. The opening of T2 with the future battle scene is absolutely breathtaking.

When Connor walks down the hallway of that bunker and everyone snaps to and salutes him - awesome!!

With Bale as John Connor and a serious take on the material, this has the potential to be great. Kickinger as the original T-800 seems like it will work very well too.

From wiki:

[i]"The film will be released in North America on May 22, 2009,[35] and it could be rated PG-13 by the Motion Picture Association of America, unlike the previous R-rated films. The producers cited the desire to broaden the series to a new audience and the modern leniency of violence in PG-13 films (such as Live Free or Die Hard), but they have stated that they will not force the rating.

[25] McG explained, “We have entertained the idea of a PG-13 rating largely because Batman Begins, in my opinion, was made compromise-free. So we’ll see. The movie comes first and it will be protected at all times.”[10]"[/i]