Terminator 4 - Salvation

Hmnn, I’m not one to typically bash Arnold at all, at least not his films, but I believe the Terminator films were supposed to be about Sarah Conner, and later on, John Conner. Sure they made Arnold a star, but you can only have the same premise (newer machine comes back and old machine has to stop it) so many times without it being just plain dumb.

Sure I’ll watch T4 when its on TV, but I’d never spend money to own it, and I have no problem turning it off to see what else is on other channels. If this new one is indeed the ‘war’,… think about that really cool flashback (flash foward?!) in the first film, when the Terminator sneaks into the rebels base (Franco COlumbo as the terminator!). How f*cking cool was that?! If the whole of T4 is like that, then I’ll be happy.

S

[quote]OneDay wrote:
… the latest installment did really well with Christian Bale. Peronsally, I boycotted that film, and intend to boycott Terminator 4…[/quote]

It looks like your boycott sure took care of that “Batman Begins” flop! I’m sure “Terminator 4” is bound for the same doom, if you are to force them into 1 less ticket sold…

Everyone here is going to be pissed ! I recently read that male model Marcus Schenkenberg is to be in this movie . If he’s the terminator …we’ll if anyone decides to see it let me know how it goes. ( I’m more intrested in Indiana Jones 4)

T4 was on FX last night. Maybe this was already said, but I swear they CGI’d Arnold’s head onto some dude’s body in the beginning. he looked bigger, and a little ‘off.’

Maybe I’m just stupid but half of my interest is already gone considering that Arnold isn’t starring in the movie or atleast somewhere in there. Arnold brings a certain presence to the movie and wouldn’t seem like Terminator without him.

I hated the female T3 in the last one. I’m sorry, she looks good, but the Terminator needs to be a big, powerful, intimidating dude. Vin Diesel’s too short, I’m talkin somebody like 6’4 265 atleast.

I’d rather they work it into the script that SkyNet analyzes hundreds of hours of Hollywood movies and models her T-101’s after “popular 90’s actor Arnold Schwarzenegger”.

From what I’ve read so far, Arnold WON’T be in this one, but they’ll use likenesses of his face and body (probably inanimate skin masks and pieces of partial flesh covering the terminator exoskeleton). I’ve also read that T4 will revolve around a pilot for the resistance named “Marcus” who was “put out of commission before the Nuclear Holocaust”.

Maybe this will explain how John figured out how to save some great military warriors (by freezing them perhaps?) and bring them into the future or something?

As nuts as it sounds, I like the idea that the story takes place around some other resistance fighter. I’m intrigued, I guess.

On a related note, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is not looking too good at all, IMO. Fifty bucks says it contradicts everything from the 3 movies.

This should be the next Terminator

[quote]AssClown wrote:
I hated the female T3 in the last one. I’m sorry, she looks good, but the Terminator needs to be a big, powerful, intimidating dude. [/quote]

She’s a lesbian, by the way.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
It’s not Terminator without Arnold. [/quote]

I hope they still put Arnold in it somehow.

[quote]BSchroeder wrote:
AssClown wrote:
I hated the female T3 in the last one. I’m sorry, she looks good, but the Terminator needs to be a big, powerful, intimidating dude.

She’s a lesbian, by the way.

[/quote]

Then they shoulda just damn run with that. A 5’11" 225 Terminator with sweatpants, flannel shirt and work boots. Weapon of choice is an axe. All computer brain systems are held securely under a titanium brown mullet.

Trouble is that many super big guys can’t act worth a damn. to me once I accept unstoppable killing machine made out of liquid metal ,it could look like Mr. Brady as far as I’m concerned.

[quote]AssClown wrote:
I hated the female T3 in the last one. I’m sorry, she looks good, but the Terminator needs to be a big, powerful, intimidating dude. Vin Diesel’s too short, I’m talkin somebody like 6’4 265 atleast.[/quote]

I really hated her too. Not to be sexist or anything, but a woman beating the shit out of a dude his size is highly unlikely and it just didn’t look normal sort of like fish riding bicycles.

It was like watching a game of women’s football(not that it exists) but there wasn’t the feel of manliness(if that’s even a word lol).I never got that “I wouldn’t even dream of hitting that girl” feeling like I would think if Arnold was still the bad guy.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
Trouble is that many super big guys can’t act worth a damn. to me once I accept unstoppable killing machine made out of liquid metal ,it could look like Mr. Brady as far as I’m concerned.[/quote]

How much acting does someone playing the terminator have to do?
Seriously.

In T2 it was quoted that overnight, 2 billion people were wiped out (at the end of T3 I would imagine was the overnight process in motion) In T1 Reese said they were killing people 24/7 since then so why would it take John Conor almost 25 years from the timeline of T3 to get a hold on Skynet? The radiation alone would have wiped out more. How could a pocket of resistance fighters survive that long? I mean from ground zero?

The stronghold of Skynet would surely be a fortress and how the hell could the resistance create those futuristic weapons to combat Skynet. I could see perhaps a 5 year effort but not a generation. Also wouldn’t they have heat seeking sights? Just go anywhere there is light or a fire and kill! They were supose to be exTerminators! OK maybe I really don’t know shit about the T-lore. just goofin’ around. I liked all the movies, it still interests me and I’m going to check out the series. Bionic Woman was a let down.

[quote]Kalle wrote:
tom63 wrote:
Trouble is that many super big guys can’t act worth a damn. to me once I accept unstoppable killing machine made out of liquid metal ,it could look like Mr. Brady as far as I’m concerned.

Seriously.[/quote]

But what a genius you are when you look at the role of the male hero and decide that you are the “Terminator” and will play him.

That says something about the man that he knew exactly what his strengths and weaknesses were and made a billion dollar trilogy out of it.

[quote]orion wrote:
Kalle wrote:
tom63 wrote:

Seriously.

But what a genius you are when you look at the role of the male hero and decide that you are the “Terminator” and will play him.

That says something about the man that he knew exactly what his strengths and weaknesses were and made a billion dollar trilogy out of it.

[/quote]

Oh yea I am not knocking Arnold by what I said, just saying for a new terminator the whole “big guys can’t act” is a bar argument. Like when they used vinnie jones to play the juggernaut and put him in an awful muscle suit. How much real acting was required for that role? I think there was 3 lines and they where all cheese ball!

Arnold is the man, extremely intelligent and one of the biggest success stories of current history. I mean he became the best bodybuilder of all time, to the biggest action star of his time to being the governor of California and would have a legitimate shot at becoming president if he wasn’t born in Austria.

Arnold made money for sure, but I would call him a barely adequate actor. I know he is intelligent and charismatic, I actually met him once while I was on staff at the Arnold classic in Columbus , Ohio.

But the longer he’s the governor, the less smart I think he is. As for president, he’d have no chance in hell. He’s a liberal republican which works in a fruit loop state such as Califonia, but it wouldn’t play across the USA.

[quote]BSchroeder wrote:
T4 was on FX last night. Maybe this was already said, but I swear they CGI’d Arnold’s head onto some dude’s body in the beginning. he looked bigger, and a little ‘off.’[/quote]

I think your TV just pulled a terminator. :smiley: